Sign in to follow this  
DustCobb

Calderwood / Trollope

I know nothing about what they contribute to the club and Calderwoods managerial record is decent-good at Northampton and Forest, just not in Scotland to be honest. He gets way too much stick for playing Holt on the wing back then. However I would be very interested to see how we got on with Hughton and a different, potentially better coaching staff.

I''d love it if people are right, and they are both hopeless and it re invigorated the team.

I have to say I agree with Lake District on this one. How do we know what they bring ....the play has been turgid this year for sure, but we are not blessed with world beaters in the team...we are a work in progress. That said I would not worry if they were to leave...but to base a view on not really knowing for sure is unfair. We know absolutely nothing. I don''t see Karsa and Culverhouse ripping up trees. Indeed, look at Villa forums and Culverhouse gets a lot of stick

Apparently there has been another twist, we were set to announce Andy King (caretaker manager) as the new official manager today but it sounds like that isn''t happening now...all very odd. Hopefully it means we can get CC and PT still.

[quote user="sonyc"]I have to say I agree with Lake District on this one. How do we know what they bring ....the play has been turgid this year for sure, but we are not blessed with world beaters in the team...we are a work in progress. That said I would not worry if they were to leave...but to base a view on not really knowing for sure is unfair. We know absolutely nothing. I don''t see Karsa and Culverhouse ripping up trees. Indeed, look at Villa forums and Culverhouse gets a lot of stick[/quote]

You lot ever get tired of the work in progress gag?

I too have been puzzled why these two get so much criticism on here, as if anyone other than if you are closely associated with the club would have a clue of how effective at coaching or there other duties they are, its all a bit bizaar and LDC seems to have identified the probable reason. 

I spoke to a friend of mine who is a ex Norwich player on sunday and asked him about Calderwood and he just laughed and said the bloke is a joke !

the player has not played at Norwich for years but must have known  or heard or even when he played against him ? his opinion but never heard him slate anyone before  when he talks about others

Its quite simple LDC. Look at Trollope/Calderwood c.v.''s. and the article by Calderwoods chairman in Scotland.

If still not convinced, look at our performance over the last two years.

Here go…..I''ve given you the opportunity to repeat yourself yet again - enjoy yourself.

I would add that if one or both of them go, I will feel more optimistic about the remainder of the season.

Its quite simple LDC. Look at Trollope/Calderwood c.v.''s. and the article by Calderwoods chairman in Scotland.

Here go…..I''ve given you the opportunity to repeat yourself yet again - enjoy yourself.

I would add that if one or both of them go, I will feel more optimistic about the remainder of the season.-Bury Yellow

Furthermore I would say that Divison 2 (4) is probably more their standard.

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]Its quite simple LDC. Look at Trollope/Calderwood c.v.''s. and the article by Calderwoods chairman in Scotland.

I would add that if one or both of them go, I will feel more optimistic about the remainder of the season.[/quote]

Rod Petrie, Hibs chairman, has no credibility when it comes to talking about Colin Calderwood.   Essentially, Calderwood wanted to leave Hibs as he was wanted by Forest and Birmingham to be assistant manager.    Petrie basically had to give in and the words "sour grapes" come immediately to mind.  He had wanted to keep Calderwood as manager but soon changed his tune when it was clear he wouldn''t be able to keep him.  Hence the bitterness in his article.   So I think your "evidence" is slightly flawed if you are quoting a certain Scottish chairman. 

Steve  MacLaren and Chris Hughton wanted Calderwood as assistant manager of their clubs because of his ability as a coach and experience in management - in other words an ideal assistant manager. 

So, I don''t think I''ve repeated myself, but I''m sure you''ll let me know if I have.  Needless to say there are always two sides to stories, but as yet no-one has been able to say what these two people have or have not done in jobs at Norwich.   All the negative stuff about Calderwood and Trollope is just prejudice and has little if any substance.  I''m not saying they are wonderful, but unless someone can come up with something about their time here that shows them as lacking in some way,  I''ll reserve judgement.   And please don''t say its because the team isn''t functioning as well as it could, because that - as I am always being told - is because Hughton is in charge and the buck stops with him.  

You never know - if some of you got your way and Hughton was sacked, quite often its the assistant manager who takes over- so be careful what you wish for!!

[quote user="First Wazzock"]Its quite simple LDC. Look at Trollope/Calderwood c.v.''s. and the article by Calderwoods chairman in Scotland.

I would add that if one or both of them go, I will feel more optimistic about the remainder of the season.-Bury Yellow

Furthermore I would say that Divison 2 (4) is probably more their standard.[/quote]

What relevance does their managerial career have? They are not managers. Might as well say Wenger can''t manage because he wasn''t a good player

If Calderwood has a bad record as an assistant manager then I agree It suggests he might not be up to the job but as far as I know, that is not the case.