Sign in to follow this  
DustCobb

Calderwood / Trollope

Hello Canaries, firstly well done on getting a much needed victory today, I know some probably hoped for a loss so you could say goodbye to Hughton but the team always comes first.

Secondly, there are some pretty strong rumours our end that Calderwood / Trollope are going to be announced as our new management team early next week, I know Hughton dismissed the rumours but wondered if anyone has heard anything your end? Calderwood is great friends with our chairman and they live very close to each other, there was rumours that the only thing stopping Calderwood was that his mrs didn''t want him to get involved with us again - not sure why, except we''re rubbish!

He was decent in his first spell with us although the football was a bit dull at times but overall we were very professional and well organised - he also managed to sign some great players.

Please, please, please take ''em. IMHO they are the two holding us back, although why Hughton and more importantly McNally can''t see that (or maybe the latter can and hence this potential move) beats me. League 2 coaches playing at being big boys. Most fans on here can see when things that coaches like them should be sorting out and they don''t so they need to go.

Doesn''t mean they won''t do a job for you tho''. They will certainly be in the right league with you boys. Best of luck.

[quote user="DustCobb"]Hello Canaries, firstly well done on getting a much needed victory today, I know some probably hoped for a loss so you could say goodbye to Hughton but the team always comes first.

Secondly, there are some pretty strong rumours our end that Calderwood / Trollope are going to be announced as our new management team early next week, I know Hughton dismissed the rumours but wondered if anyone has heard anything your end? Calderwood is great friends with our chairman and they live very close to each other, there was rumours that the only thing stopping Calderwood was that his mrs didn''t want him to get involved with us again - not sure why, except we''re rubbish!

He was decent in his first spell with us although the football was a bit dull at times but overall we were very professional and well organised - he also managed to sign some great players.[/quote]

Nah that''s a load of cobblers mate ; )

But seriously that would be great news for both us and Northampton so I hope it''s true.

Cobblers!!??

Although hardly any of knows what he does with the team,i get the feeling this would be a popular move.Odd one.

[quote user="First Wazzock"]I''ll drive them there personally[/quote]

No I''ll go, my car''s quicker![;)]

Hmmm be a good chance on our part to get some fresh talent or promote from within.... Neil Adams as number 2 or first team coach?

Would usually be polite to tell us which team you support rather than presuming that we all know you are talking about Northampton.

If Caldwerwood and Trollope are interested in going to Northampton then it sounds like they don''t expect to be in a job for much longer at Norwich.

With the greatest of respect Calderwood is probably paid more as assistant at Norwich then he would be as manager of Northampton, and Trollope is hardly going to leave a job as first team coach in the Premier League to be assistant manager at Northampton without good reason.

But Hughton has probably bought himself time, and their dismissal doesn''t look as clear cut now as it did last week. A win at Newcastle and they will probably be in the job for the rest of the season at least.

All three are only going to slip down the football pyramid if they get the sack at Norwich so doubt they are in any rush to leave unless they feel like they are about to be pushed.

Sorry, thought the name was a bit of a giveaway.

Yeah monetary terms there would be no comparison but we might have sold it to them as a long term project, our development of Sixfields is about to start and providing we beat the drop then we should be well placed to start progressing.

I think relationships matter in football, sometimes more than money.

I''m going to stick with my previous post, if they thought they had a long term future at Norwich they wouldn''t be looking to go and manage the team at the bottom of league two.

If they are genuinely interested, then that means they don''t expect to be in a job much longer.

It is personally interesting to me that they are interesting in parting ways with Hughton though, rather than sticking with him in his next job (sure a Championship team would give him one).

Usually assistants follow managers around, would suggest (if true) that they aren''t as close as some teams are, or that they have themselves lost a bit of faith, or that there is some tension.

Calderwood and Trollope may have some strong emotional attachment to Northampton, but as a career decision (for Trollope in particular) it doesn''t sound like the wisest one.

I agree with you btw, in terms of career decisions.

However, they are both keen on being back in management so that might have an effect.

I think it''s inevitable that Hughton will be sacked sooner or later, with Mackay waiting in the wings.

You guys won''t like this....

Calderwood isn''t coming to Cobblers now, it was all dependant on Hughton getting sacked and he isn''t going to be in the near future.

I presume that''s Ipswich, why do you call them that?

I''m a bona fide Cobbler mate, just trying to work out what the fuck is going on at my football club, it''s an absolute joke. Four weeks since we sacked Boothroyd!!!

Yep. Ipswich. Was just jesting ya. Sorry to hear things are that bad. Is the Calderwood 100% dead in the water? There must be plenty mangers around? I get the feeling the League 1 / 2 chairman are a lot mroe trigger happy than further up the chain.

Sounds like it as we wouldn''t pay compensation, I suppose you never know though. Our chairman backed Boothroyd for too long and now he''s been to indecisive on a replacement. Lots of managers out there but in our position it has to be the correct choice. To be honest we''ll go down this year, the chairman has fucked things up. Who holds off appointing a new manager because they hope someone might get sacked!

Can we get together and help you out by funding their compensation?

Might well do a good job for you, but they bring nothing that I can see to Norwich. Arguably the worst coaching staff we''ve had in a long while. Clearly they aren''t coaching the forwards well off the field, otherwise we''d be scoring more and not missing chances. They offer nothing in the way of tactical advice to help Hughton''s very limited and inflexible tactical setups, and I think a lot of our players have gone backwards or at the very best stood still under their coaching. I honestly think there are very few Norwich fans, even those who support Hughton, who would be particularly upset to see the back of them.

Fingers crossed they will still go,can''t see to many Premier or Championship clubs battling to get them on board if they know they could be avaliable

The pair have done nothing to help our attacking play nor our defensive play either, which is strange since one was a defender and the other a defending midfielder.

I heard a rumour at the game Saturday and, of course, it could be just that, the two muppets are off and Neil Adams and Darren Huckerby are to replace them. That would be awesome, if true.

Some people are so quick to jump in and rubbish people they actually know little about.  Its ok having opinions based on knowledge, but to rubbish these two without really knowing how they do their job day to day is a bit unfair imo.   Pardon?.........Oh I see, its because they''re part of Hughton''s management team - that''s why you think they are rubbish.   I would never have guessed.......... [^o)]

Yes Compensation was always going to be an issue. I think McNally was prepared to pay you £100k but your Chairman didn''t think it was enough. [:)]

[quote user="lake district canary"]Some people are so quick to jump in and rubbish people they actually know little about.  Its ok having opinions based on knowledge, but to rubbish these two without really knowing how they do their job day to day is a bit unfair imo.   Pardon?.........Oh I see, its because they''re part of Hughton''s management team - that''s why you think they are rubbish.   I would never have guessed.......... [^o)]

[/quote]

Putting your 2 cents of rhetoric in again

[quote user="lake district canary"]Some people are so quick to jump in and rubbish people they actually know little about.  Its ok having opinions based on knowledge, but to rubbish these two without really knowing how they do their job day to day is a bit unfair imo.   Pardon?.........Oh I see, its because they''re part of Hughton''s management team - that''s why you think they are rubbish.   I would never have guessed.......... [^o)]

[/quote]

I think they are rubbish because our performances are utterly cack

[quote user="Crazy8s"][quote user="lake district canary"]Some people are so quick to jump in and rubbish people they actually know little about.  Its ok having opinions based on knowledge, but to rubbish these two without really knowing how they do their job day to day is a bit unfair imo.   Pardon?.........Oh I see, its because they''re part of Hughton''s management team - that''s why you think they are rubbish.   I would never have guessed.......... [^o)][/quote]

Putting your 2 cents of rhetoric in again[/quote]

Yep.  I''ve not seen one person come on here and give a proper reason why these two should be dis-credited, other than they are associated with the manager.   Not one insight or bit of real knowledge.  Is their association with the manager enough to dis-credit them?  Not in my book.   Give real, backed up evidence of what they do day to day behind the scenes and maybe then I could form an opinion about them.   After all, the buck, I''m always told, stops with the manager.   That''s why I gave my opinion  in the  post above.  Anything wrong with that?  As usual, to some people,  anything to do with the manager has to be bad.