Sign in to follow this  
norfolkngood

Chris Hughton is urging Ricky van Wolfswinkel to be more selfish !

From the homepage ...... how about creating  RVW some chances !

How about playing to his strengths !

how about hughton NOT being so selfish and let his players play and express themselves

RVW be more selfish the poor bloke hasn''t hardly kicked a ball yet ! 

HUGHTON THE STRIKER SLAYER !

How about creating 1 thread exclusively for Hughton bashing, then all the negativity can be confined to a small corner of this message board.

Just stop. Van Wolfswinkel has had plenty of chances to put the ball in the net. Be patient. Nothing to do with CH.

I disagree with Hughton on this and I will explain why rather than just slag him off.During his last few matches RvW has been too selfish at times taking a shot when others have been much better placed to score a goal. The team and results are more important.However, Hughton has also said "Possibly he can try to do too much in other areas of the field" which I have been saying for quite a while. RvW needs to get central and high up the pitch, not drifting behind play or out wide. Becchio has been showing better positional sense than RvW.

[quote user="norfolkngood"]

[/quote]

Yes, he really stopped Andy Caroll from scoring, didn''t he. From memory I think it was 30 goals in 60 appearances.The only manager under who Caroll has been prolific.

Give RVW time and he will score plenty of goals. 

[quote user="tom cavendish"]I disagree with Hughton on this and I will explain why rather than just slag him off.

During his last few matches RvW has been too selfish at times taking a shot when others have been much better placed to score a goal. The team and results are more important.

However, Hughton has also said "Possibly he can try to do too much in other areas of the field" which I have been saying for quite a while. RvW needs to get central and high up the pitch, not drifting behind play or out wide. Becchio has been showing better positional sense than RvW.
[/quote]

Oh that has to be the funniest thing I have read this year....Becchio showing better positional snese, what sitting on the bench?

Seriously, the Hull game in parts showed that both Hooper and RVW can play together and the longer they have on the pitch I believe this can work and work really well. Once Fer, Tettey & Howson are all back I think we will see the best of this front pairing.

I liked the way Hooper and RVW run different channels and dropped deap to pick the ball up to link the midifield. I think RVW once the next goal goes in will have a run like Hooper did once he scored.

We actually created the best chance against Hull only for Becchio to miss the ball with an open goal in front of him......Sorry but nest time, watch the strikers and thier complete game not just if they put the ball into the net. Becchio & Elmander have had easy chances too and missed of late. Quality does not lie and both Hooper and RVW have done the business in many leagues so it''s only a matter of time and we will see this work out IMO. Injuries have been key to what we consider poor performances and like I said I''m sure it''s only a matter of time, maybe Newcastle will be put to bed by a RVW double!

Just wished he had been selfish and took the penalty v villa...weird one that, the new 8 million pound centre forward being muscled out. The injury hasn''t helped RVW, but if he had of taken that and scored it could have been a platform to kick on. All history now..but relevant imo.

Ricky "morning chris"

Chris "morning Winky can I have a word"

Ricky "course boss, what''s up"

Chris " study this tape"

Ricky "what is it a tape of"

Chris "it''s a tape of the selfish Scot snoddy"

Ricky "ok boss"

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="norfolkngood"]

[/quote]

Yes, he really stopped Andy Caroll from scoring, didn''t he. From memory I think it was 30 goals in 60 appearances.The only manager under who Caroll has been prolific.

Give RVW time and he will score plenty of goals. 

RVW BEFORE NORWICH LAST 2 SEASONS = 45 GOALS AT NORWICH 1 GOAL

HOOPER BEFORE NORWICH LAST 2 SEASONS = 60 GOALS AT NORWICH 7 GOALS

BEECHIO BEFORE NORWICH LAST 2 SEASONS = 31 GOALS AT NORWICH 0

That''s 136 goals in two seasons I know different leagues but to some it is nothing to do with hughton and his tactics ? 

it is crystal clear tactics are the problem !![/quote]

[quote user="lake district canary"]

Give RVW time and he will score plenty of goals.  [/quote]

That''s 136 goals in two seasons I know different leagues but to some it is nothing to do with hughton and his tactics ? 

No need to shout. 

Your stats are sensationalist and misleading

Becchio has hardly played for whatever reason, so how he is supposed to have scored goals I don''t know. RVW and Hooper have both been injured and out for a significant amount of time, let alone playing in a tougher league this season, but both look class - and are you really complaining about Hooper''s goal tally this season so far? 

He should be trying to out-mussel defenders, seeking to winkle out more chances and stop playing like a load of old scallops.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="lake district canary"]

Give RVW time and he will score plenty of goals.  [/quote]

No need to shout. 

Becchio has hardly played for whatever reason, so how he is supposed to have scored goals I don''t know. RVW and Hooper have both been injured and out for a significant amount of time, let alone playing in a tougher league this season, but both look class - and are you really complaining about Hooper''s goal tally this season so far? 

[/quote]

so those stats are sensationalist and misleading? Just remind me, what league did Carroll score the majority of his goals in? Or was that a small fact you overlooked when trying to shoot down other peoples stats?

its like saying lambert was a great manager because Chris Martin was prolific under him, completely ignoring the fact most of martins goals were in league 1

[quote user="Rogue Baboon"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="lake district canary"]

" HUGHTON THE STRIKER SLAYER !"

Yes, he really stopped Andy Caroll from scoring, didn''t he. From memory I think it was 30 goals in 60 appearances.The only manager under who Caroll has been prolific.Give RVW time and he will score plenty of goals.  [/quote]

it is crystal clear tactics are the problem ![/quote]

No need to shout. 

Becchio has hardly played for whatever reason, so how he is supposed to have scored goals I don''t know. RVW and Hooper have both been injured and out for a significant amount of time, let alone playing in a tougher league this season, but both look class - and are you really complaining about Hooper''s goal tally this season so far?  [/quote]

so those stats are sensationalist and misleading? Just remind me, what league did Carroll score the majority of his goals in? Or was that a small fact you overlooked when trying to shoot down other peoples stats?

its like saying lambert was a great manager because Chris Martin was prolific under him, completely ignoring the fact most of martins goals were in league 1

[/quote]

Errr...I think you''ve shot yourself in the foot there, because the stats quoted by norfolkngood are by players who were playing in lesser leagues in Portugal, Scotland and the championship, at the time.  So my comparison is quite fair under those circumstances, I believe.

[quote user="dpit"]He should be trying to out-mussel defenders, seeking to winkle out more chances and stop playing like a load of old scallops.[/quote]

Spot on dippity. We want to see the goalscoring that prompted the club to shell out so much money..

"Possibly he can try to do too much in other areas of the field"

Precisely, stop being so accommodating to the rest of the team - be selfish, get into the areas that hurt and stay there...