Sign in to follow this  
The Great Mass Debater

Why was Neil Lennon at the Fulham game?

Im not implying or suggesting anything, its simply a question. But with Lennon dismissing interest in Snodgrass or Chris Hughtons job, why else might he have made the considerable trip to watch the game? I know everyone in football lies and he''s not going to admit anything. But if he''s telling the truth why else would he be there? Granted it was a midweek game so a rare opportunity to watch a game when ur not playing yourself, but he must have had his eye on something surely? Surely it must have been to watch snoddy?

Taxi from home to Glasgow airport, £25Plane from Glasgow to London and taxi to Craven Cottage £250Buying lifelike statue of Michael Jackson, priceless. 

He wants the City job imo, no where will you find a quote from him denying this.

[quote user="The Great Mass Debater"]Im not implying or suggesting anything, its simply a question. But with Lennon dismissing interest in Snodgrass or Chris Hughtons job, why else might he have made the considerable trip to watch the game? I know everyone in football lies and he''s not going to admit anything. But if he''s telling the truth why else would he be there? Granted it was a midweek game so a rare opportunity to watch a game when ur not playing yourself, but he must have had his eye on something surely? Surely it must have been to watch snoddy?[/quote]

Read into this what you will

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25800641

Perhaps McN preparing the ground incase we lost v Hull.

H

Also, did anyone else find his comments yesterday rather intriguing?

"It''s just speculation but I think they won, so I''m delighted for Chris. I think he''ll be safe for another while.

"He''s doing a good job and keeping them out of the bottom three."

They won so he''s safe for now... Meantime i''ll be here!

Also the comment about the bottom 3 sounds like a direct response to McNally''s interview midweek where he raised the point about staying out of the bottom 3.

Might be nothing but he sounds interested to me!

It could have been any number of things - he could have been watching any/none of the players on show, possibly Snod but there are plenty of others, or perhaps he might have been being lined up as manager or perhaps he was in London on other business and decided to take in the only game that was on.

[quote user="drurys testamonials V 15"]He''s heard Delia''s pies are tasty[/quote]I hope that''s not some sort of euphemism

Do you reckon he is after the managers job and it was him holding up the ''Hughton Out'' banner ?

Neil Lennon wouldn''t be invited to the game by the Norwich board while he still has a job - that is tapping up and whilst that in itself isn''t rare, few clubs are stupid enough to do it so openly.

Also, I like to know how Lennon would explain to the Celtic board what he was doing in London watching a game if there wasn''t interest in signing a player from either side. I doubt Lennon is looking at Snodgrass as he knows his club doesn''t have anywhere near enough money to get him out of Norwich but there were plenty of other players out there that night (not to mention those he felt might have played but were left on the bench).

Could it be that he was in London anyway, for non-footballing reasons, and decided to watch his old mate Hooper? (even though ultimately he didnt play). Could he have watched purely out of love of the game?  Being in the stands at a game you''re not that connected to sticks out like a sore thumb. But he had to be there for a reason. Id love to know what it was, if only to provide some insight into what managers get up to