Sign in to follow this  
Number 9

Calamity Chris

It certainly has seemed since Mr Hughton joined us, that he has presided over a downward trajectory. Calamity Chris, every thing has gone wrong.

The life cycle of managers in the EPL is quite short, if the hierarchy hasn''t got the balls to sack him (he doesn''t seem to take the hint) we must wait and hope that not too much damage is done before he goes.

He is a very nice man, a very, very nice man.

It''s cathartic, I''ve put it in a box on the shelf, I''m good.

Good work by the person/s who were at Fulham with the ''Hughton Out'' banner. Keep it up.

''Haven''t got the balls to sack him''

Who on earth says they want too? Or need too. We aren''t in the relegation zone, their are a whole host of terrible teams (the whole bottom 10) the new manager a haven''t exactly excelled their teams out of danger, yes some improvement, if only performance wise.

But while Carrow Road is still full and we''re not going down why on earth would the board want to sack him? Because some people keep complaining on here and twitter....

Everything has gone wrong? What?! Nobody told me we have already been relegated!

All the grief the board gets on here, twitter and the local media shows that the easy path is to sack Hughton.

The Board shows it has balls every day that it stands up to the pressure and does what it believes is right by keeping Hughton in his job. Whether you think the Board is right or not, it is impossible to ignore the moral courage it is showing in sticking with its man

I would suggest that the ''everything''s ok'' viewpoint is in the extreme minority.

However its a game of opinion so,

Get your heads out of the sand & get rid of Calamity Chris!

Of course you''re right Number 9.

After the truly calamitous 11th placed finish last season - and with us in an absolutely calamitous 12 place at the moment he simply has to go doesn''t he?

Thank God Lambert went to Villa when he did. Since he''d left us in a calamitous 12 position the Board would obviously have had to sack him if he hadn''t walked.

I reckon things are pretty much ok compared to much of the last 20 years. Those three seasons from 2009 happen maybe once or twice in a lifetime''s support.

Oh the giddy responses of the crowd still elated at seeing a goal at the carra and a win.

ONE goal, by a defender deflected in, oh I remember the dark distant past when I saw a goal scored .

There has been some turgid stuff played over the years, at the moment it seems we have a lacklustre team which has had its ability coached out and spirit beaten out by an inept management team.

I used to say to the kids ''do you think we will win today?'' NOT ''do you think if we go to ten games in a row, we might see city score a goal?''

Whatever happened to Never mind the danger?

Is everything ok? No, but no one has said it is really.

Do the majority think Hughton should go? Probably, a recent pinkun poll suggest so.

Are most supporters still supporting the club and team? Yes, hence the joy of winning on Saturday.

Do the board have ''balls''? Well as already mentioned, by not being so quick to sack Chris, probably more than those that did pull the trigger.

Are you tad over melodramatic number 9? Probably yes!

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]He is here until at least the end of this season everyone may as well accept that and get behind the team[/quote]Here we go again. Someone running down the fans. What is it with you people ?Whatever has been said on here, on the TV/Radio, in the press about Hughton and the management (and VERY occasionally about an individual player), the general mood  has been 100% behind the team. The support, in trying circumstances on Saturday was quite fantastic. So, to suggest we need to "get behind the team" is insulting, because by and large we already are.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Number 9"]

Oh yes, I''ve ''done it'' several times[/quote]

On your own or with somebody else?

[/quote]

That did make me smile Mr Lakey

[quote user="Jimbo_Canary"]Wes wanting out is just the tip of the ice berg I reckon.[/quote]

Please give us more details, your theory sounds fascinating.

Well said OP. People on here seem to be happy with mediocre dross, or maybe they''ve forgotten what exciting attacking football looks like. I think you could call Hughton''s version of the beautiful game FUTILE BALL.

[quote user="Truculent Trucker"]Well said OP. People on here seem to be happy with mediocre dross, or maybe they''ve forgotten what exciting attacking football looks like. I think you could call Hughton''s version of the beautiful game FUTILE BALL.[/quote]
Some fans have clearly forgotten what we are, a small fish in a very big pond, I suggest you get used to mediocre because in this league that''s all we are likely to be for some time to come. Your deluded if you think we are suddenly going to become a top 8 club with a change of manager.
Things aren''t great and we have our problems and weaknesses but that''s life for clubs like us and no amount of whinging, moaning or sacking will change that.

[quote user="CambridgeCanary"]All the grief the board gets on here, twitter and the local media shows that the easy path is to sack Hughton. The Board shows it has balls every day that it stands up to the pressure and does what it believes is right by keeping Hughton in his job. Whether you think the Board is right or not, it is impossible to ignore the moral courage it is showing in sticking with its man[/quote]

I have been posting on here for over 10 years and this is the best post I have ever ever read! well Said Cambridge!