Sign in to follow this  
pete

Over 30%

Over 30% say sell Wes Hoolahan, if we were to sell him wonder where he will go. Villa may be an option perhaps to be reunited with Lambert who needs an attacking midfielder. But Villa offered only £750k trying to get for peanuts. Villa are a contender for relegation along with City why give them an advantage for such a measly sum. But what other teams in Prem would be interested in Wes none that aren''t involved in relegation scrap answer none.

Wes to stay maybe on bench but unlikely to be motivated after 31 Jan. Sell in the summer could get £750k from Championship team. But don''t give him to Villa.

Certain McNally will not sell to Villa even if they offer an acceptable sum i.e. £2m + add ons.

I put down sell but that was because there was not an option "sell, but not to Villa". If another club came in and the price was right then id let him go and if we did accept another clubs offer and Wes would not go because he wants to go to Villa then id let him rot in the reserves. Although I can not blame him for wanting to move on but at the same time if it was only Villa he wanted to go to them meh sod him, no player is bigger than the club and Villa are rivals, would make no sense to let him go there.

Oh and, if say a top championship club came in for him, say QPR or Leicester, they would most likely be able to match or beat the wages we offer him so if he turns them down it would say to me he only wants to move to one club. Also I would feel that Lambert had been talking to Wes in some way, which I guess he has been in the media anyway but it feels like more than that.

Personally I would keep him as he is different to any other player in the squad. There is then that chance that even if we only use him once and he creates the goal that earns us that extra point that keeps us up he could be priceless. £500k wages for 3 months (or whatever he''s on) would definitely be worth it to ensure an extra £90 million next year. The money from TV rights makes the potential transfer fee somewhat irrelevant for us.As we don''t have a full 25 man squad I would only sell him if we found an adequate replacement so would not be unnecessarily weakening our own club.

[quote user="Jimbo_Canary"]You never sell to any rival.[/quote]

Def Not in jan transfer window, and it''s a relegation rival. I like Wes but I wouldn''t begrudge him a move at the right price during the summer, even to Villa.