Sign in to follow this  
Ncfc till the end

Snoddy linked to Celtic for 4.5 mil, are you avin a laugh!!!

The story on here about Snoddy being linked to Celtic for 4.5 mill, seeing as he''s a Celtic fan and lives next door to the stadium and he only has to worry about getting in the Scotland squad, you can see it as a plausible move BUT if Juan Mata is getting touted at 40 million how the hell can snoddy only be worth 4.5 mil!!!!! They''re the same age and he''s arguably one of our best players but as he wears a norwich shirt he instantly worth spare change in premier league standards. How much do others think he''s worth selling in this window??? I''d put at least 10 million on his head ( like they did to us with Hooper)

Didn''t they sell Wanyama for £12 million, he''s the same age as Snodders so given his perfromances are solid but not spectacular, to Norwich he has to be worth £12 million too!

I would not be suprised if Celtic want him then surely they will match our asking price and it would be down to Snodders to decide.

He''s a valuable memebr of the team and anything less than £10 million would be a poor deal in my view.

That said we do have a good little player in Redmond who would be more than capable of slotting into the right wing and money to spend so not a disaster if he does go! But I can''t see this happening.

Snap their hands off, how can you compare Mata and Snodgrass lol. That''s like comparing Chris Martin with Pele.

Er....no it''s not Paul..............

Snodgrass is tons better than Chris Martin and Mata is nowhere near as good as Pele...

Apart from those two minor points it''s a valid comparison though.........

[quote user="Thirsty Lizard"]Er....no it''s not Paul.............. Snodgrass is tons better than Chris Martin and Mata is nowhere near as good as Pele... Apart from those two minor points it''s a valid comparison though.........[/quote]

It has always been a big bug bear when people compare run of the mill players to each other and cast a huge gap....how can anyone say Mata in this Norwich team would be better than Snodders and vice versa!

It''s how much he is valued by City that counts.

You''d snap their hands off for 4.5m? How on earth would we replace Snoddy with that sort of money? Who would you buy?

Wouldnt want to lose him, but the draw of Celtic will be huge for a Scot living in Glasgow obviously......so, anywhere between 9 and 12 million I''d say....but I bet he will go for less than 6!

I wouldn''t necessairly buy anyone, I think we have enough wingers that just a capable.

He has done nothing all season. He has had one decent half against west ham and that''s all. He can''t cross a ball for toffee, hasn''t got the pace to beat people down the line and his passing this season has been woeful.

Redmond, Murphy, Bennett (when fit), Pilkington are all quicker and better crossers.

If you want to replace him, Morrison from West Ham would be a good option. Use the money to get Zaha on loan.

Just done some digging with some stats Prem only):

Snodgrass:

2012/13

Games 37

Goals 6

Assists 6

Shots 77

on target 29

2013/14

Games 15

Goals 1

Assists1

Shots 30

on target 7

Juan Mata

Games 35

Goals 12

Assists 12

Shots 70

on target 24

2013/14

Games 13

Goals 0

Assists 2

Shots 11

on target 1

Also crossing stats for Snodgrass this season

average of 7.28 per match at an accuracy of 26%, of those 5.27 per match were non dead ball crosses and only a 20% accuracy.

Still worth £10m with one goal and one assist and only a 20% crossing accuracy??

Earlier (- last week) postings were talking in terms of Celtic trying for £4.5m and NCFC expecting £6m. I''m not sure that either figure is a genuine one, but rather plucked from the air by some hack.

However effective Snodgrass has been at Carrow Road he is likely to be more effective at Celtic, at least in Scottish Premiership games as the quality if lower than in the EPL. So £4.5m does seem a try-on.

[quote user="Paul"]I wouldn''t necessairly buy anyone, I think we have enough wingers that just a capable.

He has done nothing all season. He has had one decent half against west ham and that''s all. He can''t cross a ball for toffee, hasn''t got the pace to beat people down the line and his passing this season has been woeful.

Redmond, Murphy, Bennett (when fit), Pilkington are all quicker and better crossers.

If you want to replace him, Morrison from West Ham would be a good option. Use the money to get Zaha on loan.[/quote]
This post makes my head hurt, I mean are you serious? do you really believe Snodgrass has "done nothing"?
He''s one of our best midfielders and wasn''t far off getting MOM at the weekend.

As with the Hoolahan thing, if this IS true, then it''ll just be an opening salvo. Why can''t people just see these figures for what they are. The starting point ?With both players it''s purely down to how much Villa/Celtic actually want them. In Snodders case, if Lennon was to come back to the table with 6m, I'' d be tempted to sell, as, candidly, I don''t think that he''s performed terribly well this season. Not enough end product for me. We have other fish to fry in his role, and, in any case 6m would be useful in the kitty .

[quote user="crabbycanary"]So using those stats, Mata is twice as good as Snoddy, so we should get something like £20m for him?[/quote]you know it doesnt work like that.How much is snoddy worth to Man U......nothingHow much is Mata worth to them ? Could be the difference between being in champions league or not so could be way more than 40 million

I know, it was more to do with the (apparent) valuations of the two, Snoddy being 10% of Mata, and the stats that Paul came up with, and yet Paul doesn''t rate Snoddy

Is this the same snodgrass who was very poor start of the season missed a vital penalty against Villa, got boo''d off the pitch against tottenham played nearly every game this season and only scored 1 and got 1 assist and falls on the floor nearly every time he gets tackled

This reminds me of the time watford fans thought Troy deeny was worth 20million

Snoddy has made 52 appearances for us and is not the player he was last season despite his best efforts so moving on and making a profit into the bargain does not seem unrealistic to me.

You''re right, I don''t rate him, he has been pony for the vast majority of the season. His crossing alone is my biggest peve, to get paid that amount of money and not be able to put in a decent corner or free kick.

I''d rather be heading into a relegation dog fight with him than without him that for sure, you really think Redmond with his terrible final ball and wild shots is the answer to replace Snoddy?

I''ll admit, I haven''t been frustrated by a player before, as much as I have by Snoddy this season.

His end product could have been much better. The Villa left back didn''t know what day it was, when we played them earlier this season, but Guzan never had an easier day with catching practice.

But, if certain other players are ''worth'' eight figure sums, then Snoddy certainly deserves to take his place in this current marketplace.

Redmonds stats, (Snods in brackets)

Games 19 (15)

Goals 1 (1)

Assists 3 (1)

Shots 47 (30)

on target 15 (7)

based on that, and with 6 of those games coming on as sub compared to 1 from Snodders, with more shots more than double on target and more assists, plus his added pace and ability to beat a defender, then yes i would prefer Redmond

[quote user="Paul"]Just done some digging with some stats Prem only):

Snodgrass:

2012/13

Games 37

Goals 6

Assists 6

Shots 77

on target 29

2013/14

Games 15

Goals 1

Assists1

Shots 30

on target 7

Juan Mata

Games 35

Goals 12

Assists 12

Shots 70

on target 24

2013/14

Games 13

Goals 0

Assists 2

Shots 11

on target 1

average of 7.28 per match at an accuracy of 26%, of those 5.27 per match were non dead ball crosses and only a 20% accuracy.

Still worth £10m with one goal and one assist and only a 20% crossing accuracy??[/quote]oh dearthere''s a disturbing thought that you are not taking the pee

as to the supposed bid, where has that come from ... McNally, Celtic, Snodgrasses agent ?and what does that supposed figure represent ?just more old sh ite to over excite the terminally dim I''m afraid

[quote user="City1st"][quote user="Paul"]Just done some digging with some stats Prem only):

Snodgrass:

2012/13

Games 37

Goals 6

Assists 6

Shots 77

on target 29

2013/14

Games 15

Goals 1

Assists1

Shots 30

on target 7

Juan Mata

Games 35

Goals 12

Assists 12

Shots 70

on target 24

2013/14

Games 13

Goals 0

Assists 2

Shots 11

on target 1

Still worth £10m with one goal and one assist and only a 20% crossing accuracy??[/quote]oh dearthere''s a disturbing thought that you are not taking the pee

as to the supposed bid, where has that come from ... McNally, Celtic, Snodgrasses agent ?and what does that supposed figure represent ?just more old sh ite to over excite the terminally dim I''m afraid

[/quote]

So you think he has had a good season then City. If you do then you are the terminally dim one

What on earth are you drivelling on about ?Meaningless mumbo jumbo proves nothing, other than you haven''t a clue about the gameWatch it, it will tell you all you need to knowThe comment about the supposed transfer fee is based on much the same premise ... only reversed, as non of us know anything about any bids or fees involved then it is all made up sh iteAs to whether Snodgrass has had a good season or not perhaps you could point out where I made ANY comment on that

Well he keeps coming out in support of the manager so I expect his price on here will drop like a stone. But in the real world it''s unlikely we''d snap anyones hands off for 4.5m. We paid over 3m for him when he was a championship player and since that time he''s proven himself to be premier league standard and has become a regular in the Scotland side. Would people advocate giving players away they don''t like?

I reckon a spell on the bench would elevate Snoddy to Becchio and Fox status...