Sign in to follow this  
a1canary

In. On the fence. OUT... back on the fence : /

I blame tunnel cam. And Snodgrass.

Long term I''m definitely out. For this season, I think the bigger risk is changing now. Dont get me wrong, if we stick we will continue with the sequence of disappointments, dour draws and narrow victories but if it keeps us up - and I think it just about will - let''s make the change in May. And concentrate on backing the team (rather than on ousting the manager) in the meantime.

I am worried that they will keep him for next season and some on here will say lets give it 10 games he kept us up last ( this ) season and it will be the same old story !

But it is not his faultit is the injuries, the players, the opposition (yes I know) the weather even.........................Hughton is only the manager

"a1canary"I blame tunnel cam. And Snodgrass.

Long term I''m definitely out. For this season, I think the bigger risk is changing now. Dont get me wrong, if we stick we will continue with the sequence of disappointments, dour draws and narrow victories but if it keeps us up - and I think it just about will - let''s make the change in May. And concentrate on backing the team (rather than on ousting the manager) in the meantime.

Pretty much agree with this.

I will still stick up for him when he is getting unfairly criticised though.

I will stop posting up any comment about his failings when it can be proven that it makes the slightest difference to the teamI will also continue to give my wholehearted support to that same team when I am Carrow Road

On the fence or off the fence, I put this scenario on another thread and City 1st nearly blew a gasket - If Hughton gets the team playing better football with more goals and better results during the rest of this season, then surely he would be starting to fulfill everybody''s requirements and we would all have less to complain about and we would be enjoying the fruits of two years hard work and struggle.  So if that happened, then wouldn''t it be sensible to keep him on for a third season?  It seems a fair question to me. 

[quote user="lake district canary"]On the fence or off the fence, I put this scenario on another thread and City 1st nearly blew a gasket - If Hughton gets the team playing better football with more goals and better results during the rest of this season, then surely he would be starting to fulfill everybody''s requirements and we would all have less to complain about and we would be enjoying the fruits of two years hard work and struggle.  So if that happened, then wouldn''t it be sensible to keep him on for a third season?  It seems a fair question to me. 

[/quote]I would hardly call pointing out your lies as ''nearly blowing a gasket''

ps the continual flaw in your absurd guff is the word ''if'' ... any chance of you actually nailing your colours to the mast rather than endlessly speculating what might happen ?

[quote user="City1st"][quote user="lake district canary"]If Hughton gets the team playing better football with more goals and better results during the rest of this season, then surely he would be starting to fulfill everybody''s requirements and we would all have less to complain about and we would be enjoying the fruits of two years hard work and struggle.  So if that happened, then wouldn''t it be sensible to keep him on for a third season?  It seems a fair question to me.  [/quote]

ps the continual flaw in your absurd guff is the word ''if'' ... any chance of you actually nailing your colours to the mast rather than endlessly speculating what might happen ?[/quote]Its a question.  Try answering the question. 

[quote user="lake district canary"]On the fence or off the fence, I put this scenario on another thread and City 1st nearly blew a gasket - If Hughton gets the team playing better football with more goals and better results during the rest of this season, then surely he would be starting to fulfill everybody''s requirements and we would all have less to complain about and we would be enjoying the fruits of two years hard work and struggle.  So if that happened, then wouldn''t it be sensible to keep him on for a third season?  It seems a fair question to me. 

[/quote]

If that happened i and even City1st would have to concede it would be very difficult to maintain and defend a Hughton out position. And i for one would come off the fence and on to the inners side! In fact i''d be delighted to do that if we start scoring and finish where we did last year. I''m still hoping but not expecting for that to happen.

But the evidence so far this season and the horrendous capitulations are what had pushed me in to the out camp, but with the caveat of "not right now".

Its a good subject from the OP, made me think just where do I sit, have I every been "on the fence"?........and yes, I have to admit, I was just for a few days in the build up to the Hull match, but it was just a toe on the fence to be honest, and then common sense prevailed, I again reminded myself of the bigger picture and stepped quickly off.

LDC asks a reasonable question, and surely unless someone has some sort of twisted agenda against CH or, he has done something nasty personally to you, why under those circumstances wouldnt he be given next season? Continuity and consistency are crucial for a Football Club if you want evolvement and improvement long term at all levels, and for me that would really be the preferred option rather than change, which I feel could actually put us a step backwards.

[quote user="City1st"]I will stop posting up any comment about his failings when it can be proven that it makes the slightest difference to the teamI will also continue to give my wholehearted support to that same team when I am Carrow Road

[/quote]Absolutely agree with this. And  it''s my policy too.Of course this doesn''t fit in with the ''no change'' group''s narrow agenda, so they continue to make stuff up, tell lies about people running down the fans, the team and club, and in a few cases, lobbing in a few puerile names/insults for good measure.I''m assuming Lakey''s question is open to all, so I''ll answer it, though I have already answered it and made my view crystal clear several times. Personally I do not think that Chris Hughton is the right manager for this club. His record thus far is what has led me to that conclusion. But, unlike the ''no changers'' I do not have my head in the sand, and, should a scenario appear such as the one Lakey describes, where suddenly(and over a long period) under Hughton,Norwich City change to an entertaining brand of football, score plenty goals, concede fewer sloppy ones, move smartly up the table , avoid relegation easily etc, clearly I will reassess my position. Indeed, it would be silly to make changes in that event. But such a scene is one hell of a long way off, as yet, so, currently, my policy remains unchanged.Now, Lakey, is that a clear enough answer for you ?

I was genuinely excited at the start of this season. I was prepared to accept that last season could be seen as transitional, Adrian Durham harsh when he said we were the worst team in Prem history, but I wanted to believe that there was a Hughton masterplan. So while the seeds of worry were planted in that first humiliation at Fulham in 2012, they only germinated towards the end of last season and went into full bloom last Autumn. That initial excitement and the thought we''d move on, a committed, fluid and combative side capable of not just surviving but giving anyone a good game on our day has proved to be a mirage, smoke hanging in the wind.

I''ve long been sure that there is little substance in the CH regime, but I would dearly love to be proved wrong. Just how great would it be for us to sweep Newcastle aside, for Hoops to be bearing down on goal, Snodders piling on the pressure from the flank, Redmond terrorising their defence, and Seb to be swatting their attacks away like craneflies- not will we win but by how many? It would be like opening the curtains to a warm sunny Spring morning, an exit from the turgid struggle of winter. But my head tells me that it isn''t going to happen. I''m a long way from getting back on the fence.

Hi Reggie,

On the subject of making stuff up, did you ever reply to my question on the other thread?

Just in case you didn''t see it, you said that there are "hard-liners" in the "no change" camp who believe no-one in authority should ever be challenged. I just wondered if you could elaborate on who these are, and why you think that to be the case?

[quote user="I.S."]Hi Reggie,

On the subject of making stuff up, did you ever reply to my question on the other thread?

Just in case you didn''t see it, you said that there are "hard-liners" in the "no change" camp who believe no-one in authority should ever be challenged. I just wondered if you could elaborate on who these are, and why you think that to be the case?[/quote]I''d be inclined to treat that question with the incredulity it deserves, IS. So....Frankly, if you do not know who the ''no change'' hardliners are on this forum, then either you don''t come on here very often , or do not read the threads/posts properly.I''ll leave it at that. The remedy for your ignorance is in your own hands, IS

Hi Reggie,

I''m not sure you understood the question, or at least you seemed to leave out a key factor. I''m sure this was just a mistake however, so I''ll just try and clarify a bit further.

You explicitly said that there are hard-line no-changers who believe no-one in authority should ever be challenged. Note the second part of the sentence.

Now, I know how much you hate it when people make up convenient facts, or invent a strawman character to suit their polarised arguments. And as someone who has repeatedly bemoaned this sort of behaviour from others, I am sure you are able to refer to the threads/posts of these sheep-like users where they suggest the manager/board should never be challenged or criticised.

I am but a poor, ignorant soul Reggie, so perhaps you can put me right.

[quote user="I.S."]Hi Reggie,

I''m not sure you understood the question,[/quote]Oh I understood the question alright, IS. And I gave you the answer. Or at least put you in the right direction as to where you might discover it.It''s not something you will be able to do overnight (particularly if, by your own admission, you are a poor ignorant soul). So, perhaps I can respectfully suggest that, as one of your tasks for today, you trawl through some previous posts. You''ll be amazed at what you can discover.

So Reggie, what you''re effectively saying is that no body has actually said "no one in authority should be questioned"?

[quote user="I.S."]So Reggie, what you''re effectively saying is that no body has actually said "no one in authority should be questioned"?[/quote]No that''s not what I''m saying, IS.Looks like you are the latest to fall into the trap of making stuff up and lying about people.If you cannot be bothered to use the method I''ve suggested to find out, then that''s your decision.......

I see how it works Reggie.

You make something up, then if someone asks you to prove where this has been said you shift the burden of proof onto them knowing full well they cannot prove a false positive?

It''s really quite ironic from someone who bleats and moans about such things so often, but I think YOU are falling into the trap of making stuff up to suit your argument. I have read a great deal of posts on this message board over the years, including many from staunch Hughton supporters, and I cannot recall anyone ever saying that the manager and board should not be questioned by the fans (excluding quotes from Glenn Roeder of course).

If you can find a post to prove otherwise, I will of course apologise. Until then, I think it''s fair to say that these people only exist in your head.

Reggie has a history of making stuff up about the club or other posters for as long as he''s posted under that name. You have this example on here. Then you have his tirades at Beefy a couple of days ago where he continually claimed Beefy had other usernames. And of course his famous "under Hughton we''d need to win 75% of our home games to get to 40 points". He of course accuses me and others of making things up but when challenged it becomes apparent that he makes that up to...

Very interesting Nutty. I''ll bump this thread as I would not want him to forget about it and let it drop off the front page without having the right to reply.