Sign in to follow this  
Kidderminster Exile

Last 4 Games

Are the final 4 games going to be as difficult as many think ? looking at them with my glass half full I think not, I feel that the top places will be very much sorted before then and many big name players from the top sides will have their minds on the World cup and not wanting to miss out due to a late season injury .

I think we could pick up a few points in the last 4 / 5 games which I am also sure we will need

I personally feel that the last 5 games are likely to be a write off - not being a pessimist at all, but recent history suggests as much.

Given how tight it''s been so far, I believe the last 4 teams we play will still be in the running for the either the title or Champions League qualification (yes, including Man U) and before we play those, we have Fulham away, and our record against them is always poor.

Therefore, I think we have up until and including the WBA game on 5th April to avoid relegation for certain - which I think will happen as there are plenty of points to be had between now and then.

[quote user="Kidderminster Exile"]Are the final 4 games going to be as difficult as many think ? looking at them with my glass half full I think not, I feel that the top places will be very much sorted before then and many big name players from the top sides will have their minds on the World cup and not wanting to miss out due to a late season injury . I think we could pick up a few points in the last 4 / 5 games which I am also sure we will need[/quote]

You are Lake District Canary and I claim my £5.

This seaosn will more than likely be decided on what we get out of the following games!

Cardiff A

West Ham A

Villla A

Stoke H

Sunderland H

Swasnsea A

WBA H

Fulham A

These are the key games, if we pick up more points than we lose than we should be OK and anything more from the other games is a bonus.

Not saying that we should ever consider going into any game thinking we can''t win as the players should go into each game believing they will win.

I was looking at those teams within 6 points of us, I think every game is a game we should look to get something out of, especially at home!

17 points outta those 9 games, not too much of an ask lol. but you never know funny things happen, teams maybe resting players for fa cup, champs league final, or players already on beach. A win from newcastle or cardiff is a must.

[quote user="birchfest"]If we play well anything can happen, we beat Man U, Arsenal and Man city last year... Anything could happen.[/quote]

The problem is that last year those games included Man Utd at home and Man City away so remind me what happened this season in those corresponding fixtures.Just leaves Arsenal to justify your theory.

World Cup in the Summer and already some players are going to miss out because of injury.

Makes you wonder how committed to the tackle some will be come April/May

Hopefully the title and top four places will be sewn up come the last four games and oppo players will be thinking of Brazil

It could easily happen that by our final couple of games, or even before, our opponents have nothing left to play for, and a good point about the World Cup.

Actually towards the end of the season you get plenty of strange results, you''ve only got to look at WBA drawing 5-5 with Man U.  So in some ways not a bad time to have fixtures against the top teams - you have to play them sooner or later.