Sign in to follow this  
Yellow Messiah

Hoolahan transfer request rejected!

I heard a couple of weeks ago that Wes wanted to go and McNallys response was that he would rather Wes rotted away in the U21''s then sell to villa.

I feel sorry for him, he finally has a chance to shine in the Ireland squad with the change of management but can''t get a game for Norwich. Time, as already stated, is not on his side. The club should accept anything over a million up front for him.

He is trying to force through a move to Villa. There is no way he should be sold in january even if he sits it out on the bench. Villa are in the same relegation mix as us and we should not supply them with any players who may assist their position. Hoolahan should be allowed to move on in the summer if he so wishes his chances of playing many games will always be limited now

Fully behind Hoolahan on this. Hope the club accept his request and he is allowed to move on. One of the best players at the club and has been great for us. Completely wasted on the bench.

The argument that wes doesn''t fit into Hughtons tactics and should be sold is flawed. It would be valid if we were picking up lots of points and playing good football. We''re not. We''re playing poorly and struggling. With a changed out look, and manager, wes could still flourish here.

Never before have we seen so many players linked away with moves. Coincidence? I think not.

Becchio, Wes, Snodgrass, Pilkington and ruddy all linked with moving away. Sure so of it comes with the territory of being a premier league club, but I don''t see so many players at other clubs around our position linked with moves.

If going to the media and complaining about lack of game time gets you some regular sub appearances then a transfer request must guarantee starting every match for the remainder of the season! This is what happens when you don''t rotate the squad clueless.

Three are our best players. Best players at a club always get linked with moves especially from the ''smaller'' clubs like us.

One wants a better contract and also, like another, wants to be playing more games.

Now stop using this to help your anti Hughton agenda.

[quote user="Herman "]Three are our best players. Best players at a club always get linked with moves especially from the ''smaller'' clubs like us.

One wants a better contract and also, like another, wants to be playing more games.

Now stop using this to help your anti Hughton agenda.[/quote]

No I won''t. It''s further indication that his man management skills are awful.

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]He is trying to force through a move to Villa. There is no way he should be sold in january even if he sits it out on the bench. Villa are in the same relegation mix as us and we should not supply them with any players who may assist their position. Hoolahan should be allowed to move on in the summer if he so wishes his chances of playing many games will always be limited now[/quote]Cannot agree with this. What on earth would be the point of having a player, even on the bench, who patently does not want to be here ?  Just don''t buy this " Villa are our relegation rivals" stuff. So are at least 9 other teams !The simple fact about the modern games is that if  player wants to leave, regardless of his contract, he will do so . Whether that is morally right or wrong is a subject for another debate. In the end it will basically be a case of whether Villa (or anyone else) want him badly enough to buy out the rest of his contract. As I''ve said all along, I''m confident he will be a Villa player by Jan 31st at the latest.

Sad to see but inevitable, he''s not being played (even after a brilliant performance against Man U) and there is another manager out there who obviously would play him given the chance.

The guy wants to play football, he wants to be in the Irish managers thoughts and yes he wants a longer contract, although I personally doubt Villa will pay him more?

What I find slightly baffling is we looked for replacements quite publicly in the summer in both Quagliarella and Toivonen and failed to land both. That would suggest that we had signed players planning to play with a no10.

But yet we haven''t seen a 451/4411, whatever you want to call it, with Wes hardly at all this season and Man U is the only game I remember. This was the formation for the entirety of our unbeaten run why has Hughton abandoned it, especially in games when other tactics aren''t working?

[quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="Herman "]In your pea sized brain it is.[/quote]

Really, can you provide me an example of Hughtons good management skills? Easy to throw an insult.[/quote]The fact we are 12th in the League and there are 8 teams below us who would willingly swap places with us?Hughton''s far from perfect but there appear to be at least 8 managers in the Premier League with lesser skills at the moment.

I think some people honestly believe we can play him like we did in league one with 2 up top and him in behind.

I''d be sad to see him go, he''s a legend, but I can''t see how we got him in to a premierleague squad and not get punished.

Sad that this seems to be the way footballers now leave clubs. Hoolahan and his agent are playing us and that''s the saddest bit.

[quote user="Buh"]I think some people honestly believe we can play him like we did in league one with 2 up top and him in behind.

I''d be sad to see him go, he''s a legend, but I can''t see how we got him in to a premierleague squad and not get punished.

Sad that this seems to be the way footballers now leave clubs. Hoolahan and his agent are playing us and that''s the saddest bit.[/quote]

Hoolahan is not playing us. Your talking nonsense. The guy is 31 and wants to play football. It''s that simple. If he isn''t playing here he wants to move elsewhere which is completely understandable. Wes owes this football club nothing. If he left for Villa I''d not hold a grudge at all. I would even clap his name, like I would do with Holt, when read out at Villa.

You mean how we got punished by Man U Buh? they got lucky, other than that slice of luck for the goal we outplayed them.

A) We wouldn''t be complaining if he was one of our targets.

B) What is he meant to do? He''s asked to leave to play first team football and the Club wont let him but don''t play him either.

I don''t have any bad feelings towards Hoolahan for simply clarifying that he did make a transfer request and why, we could all guess anyway, i''m not sure why anyone would?

The best for Hoolahan would be to leave the club to a manager who appreciates his skill and wants to play him. However I like others on here fear he could help Villa out because with Lambert he has a manager who knows how to play him unlike Hughton who clearly finds his play too risky even if it can open teams up.

The money offered is a joke really at 1M and as a club it would not help us whereas Hools could help Villa a lot!

So have to agree that no sale is best and sad that Hughton can not even see him as I do as a sub who can unlock a game as against Hull where struggling to unlock defence

This is all getting a little bit "Stephen kings - misery" from Lincoln

Hope you don''t have a cabin in the woods

Anyone seen the episode of Alan partridge with the obsessed fan.

Tough call, i reckon. While wes has been great for us, we , as a club have to stand up for ourselves and if the management think they can use him over the next few months then he stays, simple.

Now, if in the next few days we get in someone better then yep by all means let him go. January is not a time for being sentimental, even though he''s pretty much universally admired, he''s contracted to us.

Silly money offers from the likes of liverpool everton etc may force a reconsider but not derisory amounts from a team we are battling to finish above.

[quote user="Buh"]This is all getting a little bit "Stephen kings - misery" from Lincoln

Hope you don''t have a cabin in the woods

Anyone seen the episode of Alan partridge with the obsessed fan.[/quote]

You don''t appear to like people disagreeing with you. Hence your sarcastic replies. Well I''m not the only one disagreeing with you here.

I cannot see what all the fuss is about. Wes can only play in one position in PL and that is behind the striker. Wes is a liability in both attacking and defending thirds of the field and whilst I would admit he does have a nuisance value doing his turns in the centre of the pitch. Wes has no end product.

Wes has a nasty habit of trying tricks in his defensive third and giving the ball away badly which has cost us previously. He seldomly creates chances, he has a shot that is reminicient of a gentle back pass and he doesn''t score enough goals to justify the off the striker role.

Add in the fact that he is probably on £20k p/w and he is 32 years old (or thereabouts). I would prefer that Wes was sold in the summer to be honest but if we could get a better younger model and £2.5m I would bite their hands off.

Goodbye Wes, you have been good for us in League 1, The Championship and but the PL has evolved for clubs in the bottom half and we cannot afford to have no end product for such a vital position.

Over to you Hughton, lets see you wave your transfer wand again. May it be more Fer/Hooper than RvW.

Let''s be honest, if Hughton wants Wes then the last two games were there for him to play.

The Fulham game was one where he should have started! I said after that game, that Hughton must be saving him for the Hull game, but alas no!

Given the injuries of late and even with short number in midfield Wes has been over looked. I believe Wes has been a great servent of the club and deserves the respect of the board to be allowed to move on if he is not in Hughton''s plans.

On the other side, anything near 2.5 million for Wes is a good sum of money and can be put towards a replacement, I think someone mentioned Will Hughes, that might be out of our league, but why not make a cheaky bid.

Since a squad is all about having different players with different abilities for different situations I don''t understand why we should sell him. I was very surprised that he didn''t feature against Hull, last 20 or so we needed a spark to get behind their defence as their full backs were poor, or someone to unlock it as RVW and Hooper couldn''t combine very effectively. To me he still offers something but CH seems to disagree.

Part of management is to keep your squad happy. Rumours will always be there especially in the Prem but managers need to find a way to be inclusive and motivating. It is sad when it gets to the point of handing in a request though, and I don''t understand why it has been allowed to get to this point. Wes didn''t leave in 2009 when he could easily have done so in circumstances a lot worse than exist now.

The reason he didn''t get on against hull is nothing to do with he fact we needed him, and we did btw.

It''s because he has been orchastrating this transfer request with his agent.

Who would you have taken off against Hull to bring Wes on? Johnson or Fer would leave a gaping home in midfield. The obvious choice would be Ricky and go 411but imagine how that would go down when chasing a game with 20 mins to go. Wes could not have played in that match.

For me, regardless of the contribution Hoolahan has made (fantastic and thanks) and regardless of whether he has been tapped up by AV (another reason for me to now dislike intensely PL who I used to almost hero worship)  etc.......he is now simply not good enough a player to get in our team consistently, even taking into account he was MoM vs Manure, an average Manure. With everyone fit he is not a member of our strongest team despite being a talented footballer, but games do pass him by, he just isnt physically strong enough or effective enough.....enough of the time......oh, dare I say I think we all over rate him slightly! 

Its really hard to take it being Villa (who should be aiming for better) and PL (who will be signing Wilbraham next) and I really want a squad replacement first and so hope its not Villa, BUT we are not talking Yaya Torre here are we, and I will get over it and move on...........   

Anything over £2m snap their hand off. Wes is only effective in the diamond and we aren''t gonna play it.

Been a great and loyal servant here and t hank him for everything he has done, but let him go. He is not going to be a regular starter (I can''t see him being that at Villa either btw), more of an impact sub when defenders are getting tired in last 20 these days. Always been too lightweight and doesn''t score enough goals.

I''m torn on this situation if i''m honest. On the one hand I think its regrettable that another of our more talismanic (and in this case talented) players appears to be being seen off by the current managerial regime when in reality I would have preferred the latter to change.

On the other hand Wes has obviously been tapped up and I do now suspect that there is truth in the rumours of him refusing to play in the cup. If we are sticking with Hughton then we have to back the manager on this one but i would still rather see Wes kept than sold. If he really causes trouble then stick him in the U21s or loan him out to the championship.

I suspect Wes has been waiting to see what happened in the Hull game and whether Hughton would be sacked. Now we''ve won that presumably he has been given the message by Mcnally that Hughton is not going anywhere hence this request coming now as wes knows he''s not going to get much game time for the rest of the season.