Sign in to follow this  
Yellow Messiah

Hoolahan transfer request rejected!

"CITY can confirm Irish international midfielder Wes Hoolahan has today submitted a transfer request which has been rejected.

The Board of Norwich City has stated clearly no senior players will be sold against the Club''s wishes and Hoolahan, 31, is contracted to the Club until June 2015.

The Club will make no further comment at this time."

Hard to support a player when he does this!

On the one hand I don''t blame him. He rarely plays and is one of our best players.

On the other hand I think, if you don''t plan on staying for the length of your contract, don''t sign it.

An interesting one this. Usually the Club says nothing regarding transfer matters, but we''ve chosen to go public on this.

The question is why.

Possibly to show the fans that the Club is serious about keeping its players. Possibly to show Aston Villa our intent. Possibly to villify Hoolahan to an extent.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Look at this from his point of view - he is seldom a first choice pick and game time at his stage in his career is important. Plus if Villa are prepared to offer a contract beyond the summer of 2015, it would provide hime with added security before he retires or eventually drops down the leagues. His is not a supporter, football is his job and most supporters would act equally rationally in their own careers. The proviso to all of the above is that he kunckles down if he doesnt get his move.

If we get a replacement he will be gone before the window closes.Probably a good thing for all concerned.

I don''t think he should be heavily criticised - it sounds as though Villa are prepared to offer him a longer contract on better money, so it''s understandable.

We have all the power though. Another 10 days and he''ll have no choice but to stay unless Villa come up with silly money.

[quote user="Beefy is a legend"]An interesting one this. Usually the Club says nothing regarding transfer matters, but we''ve chosen to go public on this.

The question is why.

Possibly to show the fans that the Club is serious about keeping its players. Possibly to show Aston Villa our intent. Possibly to villify Hoolahan to an extent.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out.[/quote]I don''t think there is any mystery. It would have come out anyway because it would have been leaked, so this is a preemptive move. The club tends not to comment on transfers in until they are all but settled, but this is a different matter. 

[quote user="Cerberus"]Look at this from his point of view - he is seldom a first choice pick and game time at his stage in his career is important. Plus if Villa are prepared to offer a contract beyond the summer of 2015, it would provide hime with added security before he retires or eventually drops down the leagues. His is not a supporter, football is his job and most supporters would act equally rationally in their own careers. The proviso to all of the above is that he kunckles down if he doesnt get his move.[/quote]

On the other hand he could have been told to submit a transfer request and also said to sit quiet till the highest bid comes in and if its Villa It will give the board something they have wanted for while now, And that will be the chance to tell them to Shove it

Imagine you were Wes, sitting there watching that on Sat the team struggling to break down hull for goodness sake.

He must be wondering what he has to do, I for one can''t believe he wasn''t brought on against hull, he surely would have been more likely to find a killer pass than Johnson

Certainly I can understand his situation. He rarely plays. When he comes on as sub he has little time to influence the game or the coaching staff.

He also has to sit on the bench and watch the same football we do…..Nuff said!

We should remember Wes is, and has, been loyal to Norwich over the years. He most certainly has been very happy here until the last couple of years. He owes it to himself to try and move. His situation here has changed totally.

I would hate for him to be subject to the underserved vitriol aimed at Holty.

This is such a shame. Wes is still one of our best players and has been treated badly. The guy just loves playing football so this is not money orientated. I''d never blame him for wanting to leave.

Hughton on the other hand, I wish he was a million miles away from this club. He''s as bad as Roeder, poor tactician, can''t motivate, and has no man management skills.

"As bad as Roeder" - you aren''t half boring. Some of the biggest load of sh*t I''ve seen on here.

As for Wes, thanks for all your hard work, now clear off, we need team players at the moment.

Hoolahan released his own statement to Sky Sports, reiterating his desire to leave the club.

"Following a meeting with the club chief executive, I felt I had no option but to hand in transfer request, I have noted that request has been turned down - however I believe it is in the best interest of Norwich, for whom I have the greatest respect, and myself that I am allowed to move on and play my football elsewhere."

[quote user="splutcho"]"As bad as Roeder" - you aren''t half boring. Some of the biggest load of sh*t I''ve seen on here.

As for Wes, thanks for all your hard work, now clear off, we need team players at the moment.[/quote]

Clearly is for the reasons mentioned. And to describe hoolahan as someone that isn''t a team player is unfair. He''s given everything for this club and helped drag it up from the depths of league one and put it where it is now. He''s never once come out to the media and winged about being unhappy. Seem to recall a certain becchio doing this recently, I believe that deserved a standing ovation?

If the club has released this to try to get fans onside for when the now inevitable sale happens, I can''t help but think its going to backfire. No-one sane could blame Hoolahan for wanting to leave.

[quote user="YellowBlood"]F*ck off Hughton[/quote]This (assuming it is to get to Villa) and the Holt move says a lot more to me about Paul Lambert than it does about Chris Hughton. Scummy Villa playing it cheap again by all accounts.

I wonder if he always planned to hand in a request after villa offer was rejected or he was waiting to see the hull result see if a new manager was coming in that suited his style ??

We should accept anything over £100,000 we get offered. At least the Groundsman will not have to worry about filling in the trough he creates by continually running from one side of the pitch to the other.

Splotcho you really are a complete prat!

Wes not a team player? Really?

The real utter sh*te is coming from you!

Wes is and always will be a class player, class guy and loyal clubman!

You are a disgrace!

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]Bye wes... cash in for a younger model[/quote]We won''t replace him like for like. We''ll buy a 6 foot positionally disciplined defensively solid tryer and then watch as the coaching staff are baffled as to why we aren''t creating any chances.