Sign in to follow this  
daz

HILARIOUS

yes its not Norwich related but WOW how BAD were the pens tonight !?!

and glad man u lost again....

man u would make a great rugby team kicking like that ! haha

poor poor plastics......

Was it Gary Neville who questioned if they had penalty takers on the pitch? "No Rooney, no Van Persie, no Giggs...."

WTF?!?!?!

Mind you Sunderland''s weren''t much better.

There are some nasty people about...

I heard a cat crying outside so I opened the door to see 4 blokes in Man U shirts playing football with it.

I was just about to ring the Police when suddenly the cat went 1-0 up

Yes well seem to remember they went down when in another cup final some time ago

No, no, no making plans, that isn''t right! We did fantastically well to only lose 1-0 to the mighty Man Utd! We are only little ''ol Norwich after all. As a side i see Ricardo was right when he said changing managers was pointless and never works out, i mean just look at Sunderland (one defeat in eleven, carling cup final etc) and palace (risen from bottom to 16th). Terrible descision by both clubs, just imagine how much better they''d be faring had they stuck with Di Canio and Holloway................................

[quote user="Tony Cottee Woz Ere . . ."]No, no, no making plans, that isn''t right! We did fantastically well to only lose 1-0 to the mighty Man Utd! We are only little ''ol Norwich after all. As a side i see Ricardo was right when he said changing managers was pointless and never works out, i mean just look at Sunderland (one defeat in eleven, carling cup final etc) and palace (risen from bottom to 16th). Terrible descision by both clubs, just imagine how much better they''d be faring had they stuck with Di Canio and Holloway................................
[/quote]

Poyet at Sunderland:

17 points from 15 games

LWLWLDLLDDWDLWD

Hughton at Norwich in the same period

16 points from 15 games

WLDLLDDWLWLWLDL

Pulis at Palace

13 points in 10 games

LWWLLWLDLW

Hughton at Norwich in the same period

12 points in 10 games

WLDLLDDWLW

So they''ve both gained a point on us. In a period that included our 6 game run without a win. Hmm.

As an aside Sunderland have clearly lost more than once in the last 11 games as they lost last night.

[quote user="Tony Cottee Woz Ere . . ."]No, no, no making plans, that isn''t right! We did fantastically well to only lose 1-0 to the mighty Man Utd! We are only little ''ol Norwich after all. As a side i see Ricardo was right when he said changing managers was pointless and never works out, i mean just look at Sunderland (one defeat in eleven, carling cup final etc) and palace (risen from bottom to 16th). Terrible descision by both clubs, just imagine how much better they''d be faring had they stuck with Di Canio and Holloway................................
[/quote]

Look out TC I am sure someone will produce some stats to say you are wrong in your thoughts. [;)]

Warren- do you have the respective pre/post stats? The key is probably whether they improved post change rather than had a better record than Hughton. I''ve no idea, but would assume that the points accrual rate has increased.

[quote user="Tumbleweed"]Warren- do you have the respective pre/post stats? The key is probably whether they improved post change rather than had a better record than Hughton. I''ve no idea, but would assume that the points accrual rate has increased.[/quote]TW, it depends whether you calculate from when di Canio and Holloway left or from when Poyet and Pulis turned up, because there was  gap of, I think, two weeks in the first case and four weeks in the second. But either way the point you are driving at is correct. In both cases those teams are now - over a reasonable length of time - accruing markedly more points per game than under the two failed managers. What we are seeing is not some mini-dip followed by a four-game dead-cat bounce, which is what that mantra about changing managers never working was based on. Both managers are clearly getting more out of their predecessors and that seems likely to continue. It is impossible to state this as a fact, but it is a pretty safe assumption that Sunderland and Palace will end the season with several more points (and so a chance of avoiding otherwise inevitable relegation) than if di Canio and Holloway had been left in charge for the whole season.

No, the point is that Hughton is performing as well as the teams that HAVE changed their manager.

Sunderland only had 1 point at the point Poyet took over, so it''s fairly safe to assume that they are picking up more points now. The point is that they''re still not picking them up any quicker than we are, well, an extra point every 15 games isn''t going to see them make up the deficit.

So neither is performing better than Hughton, which surely would be a pre-requisite of replacing him, at this point anyway.

[quote user="Warren Hill"]

No, the point is that Hughton is performing as well as the teams that HAVE changed their manager.

Sunderland only had 1 point at the point Poyet took over, so it''s fairly safe to assume that they are picking up more points now. The point is that they''re still not picking them up any quicker than we are, well, an extra point every 15 games isn''t going to see them make up the deficit.

So neither is performing better than Hughton, which surely would be a pre-requisite of replacing him, at this point anyway.

[/quote]

Norwich 1 win in 9. Sunderland 1 defeat in 11.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Warren Hill"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Norwich 3 wins in 11. Sunderland 2 wins in 11.

Sunderland, as I''ve already pointed out, have lost 2 in their last 6 so it''s hardly 1 in 11.

MANCHESTER UNITED 2 SUNDERLAND 1

Now, I know Manish said that it was one defeat in 11, but he was wrong....

[quote user="TIL 1010"]I would have taken a defeat last night if it means the big picture is a Wembley Final.[/quote]

Oh, you agree now that they lost?

Gloss over that and move the goalposts...how bad must our lot be that our own fans will find any reason to be jealous of other clubs, even those below us in the league. I''m sure the Sunderland fans will have a lovely day out, just like they did in 1985. I hope they win the final too.

Our fans are brilliant, plenty were moaning because we had to play a replay in the FA cup because the last thing we needed was more games, the next thing is that some are jealous of Sunderland getting to the League cup final having played a 2 leg semi including extra time and penalties and now have a final to play in early March. If there''s a stick, we''ll find it...!!

[quote user="TIL 1010"]I would have taken a defeat last night if it means the big picture is a Wembley Final.[/quote]

Oh, you agree now that they lost?

Gloss over that and move the goalposts...how bad must our lot be that our own fans will find any reason to be jealous of other clubs, even those below us in the league. I''m sure the Sunderland fans will have a lovely day out, just like they did in 1985. I hope they win the final too.

Our fans are brilliant, plenty were moaning because we had to play a replay in the FA cup because the last thing we needed was more games, the next thing is that some are jealous of Sunderland getting to the League cup final having played a 2 leg semi including extra time and penalties and now have a final to play in early March. If there''s a stick, we''ll find it...!!

[/quote]

For goodness sake take your blinkers off Warren.

Yes I am jealous that Sunderland are in a Cup Final but the point is that our cup replay was not necessary as we should have finished the job off at Carrow Road. Fulham were crap and we were no better which was highlighted by our no show in the replay. I hardly think  Sunderland have had no shows in their cup games against Chelsea and Man Utd plus their potential banana skin against lower league opposition in the FA cup.

Statistics are wonderful so pick the bones out of these statistics..... last nine Premier games Norwich........P9 F7 A12 Points 9.

Sunderland...P9 F 13 A12 Points 10.

We have played 2 cup games against a side many say are nailed on for relegation and made a miserable mess of them.

Sunderland in this same period have had 4 games 3 of them against big clubs and yes Man Utd are a big club and they are still in 2 cup competitions.

No sticks just facts.

Erm, so they''ve picked up one more point than us in the last 9 premier league games.

That''s what you''re saying, right?

Other than that, I just see a load of bleating that we didn''t take the FA cup seriously and you making out that Carlisle at home was a tough game!! And that you''re jealous of Sunderland, mind, you were worried about Ipswich a few short weeks ago....watch out for that sky....

No blinkers Til.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Poyet took over on the 8th Oct, at which stage they were 20th and City were 18thCity              7PtsSunderland   1Pt15 games later they are 19th and City are 12thCity              23Pts   (4 wins and 4 draws in those 15 games)Sunderland   18Pts   (4 wins and 5 draws in those 15 games)If you listen to the anecdotes City have had a bad run while Sunderland are flying.[;)]

Erm, so they''ve picked up one more point than us in the last 9 premier league games.

Other than that, I just see a load of bleating that we didn''t take the FA cup seriously and you making out that Carlisle at home was a tough game!! And that you''re jealous of Sunderland, mind, you were worried about Ipswich a few short weeks ago....watch out for that sky....

No blinkers Til.

[/quote]

No I did not say it was a ''tough'' game against Carlisle I said it was a potential banana skin. How many pages of examples would you like me to produce of sides falling on these banana skins over the years. Close to home how about Luton or will you construe that as me beating Hughton with a stick ? How about Villa losing at home to Sheff Utd. Several clubs fell at the feet of Bradford last season on their way to the league cup final unless of course you expected Arsenal to be beaten.

Good to see that in your reference to Sunderland and that they have only obtained one more point than us in their last nine league games you skipped past the bit where they have scored twice as many goals as us in the process.

Opinions Warren opinions.Mine does not make me some closet Mackem Binner and well you know it. [;)]

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Opinions Warren opinions.Mine does not make me some closet Mackem Binner and well you know it. [;)][/quote]Don''t worry Tilly, no-one thinks you''re a closet Mackem. [:D]

No blinkers Til.

[/quote]

No I did not say it was a ''tough'' game against Carlisle I said it was a potential banana skin. How many pages of examples would you like me to produce of sides falling on these banana skins over the years. Close to home how about Luton or will you construe that as me beating Hughton with a stick ? How about Villa losing at home to Sheff Utd. Several clubs fell at the feet of Bradford last season on their way to the league cup final unless of course you expected Arsenal to be beaten.

Good to see that in your reference to Sunderland and that they have only obtained one more point than us in their last nine league games you skipped past the bit where they have scored twice as many goals as us in the process.

Opinions Warren opinions.Mine does not make me some closet Mackem Binner and well you know it. [;)]

[/quote]

Oh so it''s goals now.....no wonder we score so few with the goalposts being moved all the time...[;)]

Sunderland have netted 3 more times than us and have a goal difference which is 2 superior.

However, we are 5 points ahead and you kindly pointed out that they are gaining at a point every 9 games. We have 16 games left.

You do the maths, you Mackem binner you...[:P]

By the way, here is the points gained from the last ten games courtesy of the BBC. Hopefully Manish wasn''t involved....

Man City 28

Chelsea 25

Tottenham 23

Arsenal 23

Everton 21

Liverpool 19

Man U 16

Newcastle 16

Palace 13

Norwich 12

Sunderland 11

Southampton 9

Aston Villa 9

Hull 9

Stoke 9

Fulham 9

West Ham 8

West Brom 7

Swansea 6

Cardiff 5

That''s with our 6 game dreadful run in the middle...

I find it ammusing how so many City fans cast off the cups as some sort of burden and yet if we ever reach a cup final the same fans will be crying out for tickets!

I loved our cup final and it was a great day out.

Who care''s about who did what over the last 20 odd games, it''s now about who can get the best out of the next 16 games which count. All I know is Sunderland play some good football under Gus and we play some dross most of the time. It''s not all about points for me, it''s also about getting our identity back and playing football as it should be, with passion, effort and some style.

But hey ho, each to their own and it''s up to the board to decide if Hughton is doing the job they want and it''s down to the supporters to decide if they wish to spend their money watching such poor football for a third season, we all have choices.

Well if you are happy with moving goalposts how about Hughton has had two preseasons and two January transfer windows to make his mark and Poyet has had just the one January. Maybe you would also like to tell me which squad you would rather have inherited. The one left behind by Lambert or the Di Canio mob cobbled together from around the globe ?

By the way Warren I shall be renewing my season ticket in the morning Hughton or no Hughton next season and I won''t bother dreaming of a future Wembley appearance in 2015. [;)]