Sign in to follow this  
The Ghost of Percy Varco

Toby Alderweireld

Would love him here, a couple of reasons i don''t think it will happen though.1) I seem to remember we couldn''t agree personal terms, did he want   more money than we are willing to offer?2) He says that he misses his team mates and style of play at Ajax.  Do we play the same way as Ajax, does this really matter or is it just an excuse that Toby has come up with to get out of Madrid?

he is most likely on more wages than we could offer him still anyway so no point even thinking about it.

Biggest problem is that having played fort wo European clubs this season he isn''t allowed to play for any more.

So the only place to go is back to Ajax!

The obvious thing to do is see if we could do a deal much like we did with RVW, and make the arrangements now with him joining in the summer.I''d guess that his poor time in Spain will add a little bit of flexibility to what he''s wanting and what may not have been acceptable 6 months ago could look VERY promising now.Still a very good player who''s being left on the bench through no real fault of his own.

I watched the atletico Madrid v bilbao copa del rayo match tonight. He played the 90 minutes. He looked like a decent player and nearly scored late on. His distribution from the back looked good and dealt with what he had to very well defensively.Looks a quality player. He can''t complain being out of the team for league games because Madrid look quality and are flying infact I would not be shocked to see them win the la liga if they keep hold of costa, villa, Garcia , turan ect. I think the comment about missing ajax and their style of play is more him being upset with not playing much football. Rumours that spurs and Liverpool are back on the radar. They imo are more realistic destinations for him however we did land fer and rvw so you never know what the future holds. He would certainly improve our defence but also improve the start of our attacks.