Sign in to follow this  
Samwam27

Mourinho Madness

Whilst we await any news on our own transfers, I thought I''d ask the question about Mourinho''s genius and his madness:You sell Mata (player of the season two years running) and you buy SalahYou loan out Lukaka (has scored 26 premiership goals in two seasons) and you keep Ba & Torres.So who would you prefer in your team:Lukaka or TorresMata or SalahPersonally think Mourinho''s a great manager. Can''t imagine how good they''d if they played Mata & Lukaka aswell

Salah certainly comes highly recommended and chelsea look like cementing at least third place as Jose methods become embedded.

I wonder more about Matas chocies; he is a top player but has opted to go to a club that wont be playing champions league football next season - why would he chose that ??

Picking up Salah for Mata and banking £20m looks like potentially good business to me, especially as Mata has not been playing much.

Unfortunately our scope got doing the equivalent with Wes appears limited given you can''t buy much for £250k!

First report I read on Salah stated he was a midfielder. Reading other reports they suggest he is a highly rated striker, so seems good business.It''s not like Hazard and Oscar aren''t very good!

He''s not an out and out striker. He''s in the same vein as Mata, Oscar, Hazard etc. pretty much a like for like replacement.

[quote user="SYG"]Two points from the top of the league, what a mad man he is[/quote]SYG, read the thread! Wanted thoughts on genius or madman based on his dealings with Mata & Lukaka, not on his credentials, or his current position. His credentials and their position speak for themselves!Also, he preferred Ba over Lukaka.

Samwam27 read your title! Suggesting it''s madness, which it certainly is not

Genius.

Mata, while technically gifted doesnt suit Jose style of play. Therefore money is good return to buy someone who will fit into his system.

Lukaku loan makes sense. Ba had more proven form in prem league (although elsewhere) whereas Lukaku is not finished prduct so he is getting developed at someone elses expense whereas he probably wouldnt get as much game time at Chelsea. Just turns out Ba isnt really doing the business for chelsea though...

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]. I wonder more about Matas chocies; he is a top player but has opted to go to a club that wont be playing champions league football next season - why would he chose that ??[/quote]

Because Man Utd are still a massive, massive club. One of the great names in football. Who else of that stature is in for him?

Man Utd are not exactly out of the race for a CL spot either - even though they''ve obviously got a fight on their hands.

Chelsea have around 20 players out on loan, a total of £150 million worth of talent.

As a club they are using (and abusing) the system better than anyone by effectively having 40 players in their squad.

Madness or genius?

Have to say genius as they have the financial clout to make use of the system

As Norwich I would have Torres and Mata, as JM who knows how his football brain ticks?

It''s also worth noting FFP.

It won''t take into account previous seasons/annual reports so when you look at this deal it''s quite a way of turning what he considers as a fringe player into funds for wages and transfers.

£37million for Mata seems like good business. They paid £24(ish)million for him so have made a profit of around £13mill on him.

Salah is 21, a winger rather than the AM that Mata is at heart. He''s got potential and you''d have to say in this day and age - £11million is a bit of a bargain considering his age, form and potential. Compare it to Saha at Man Utd for example.

[quote user="SYG"]Samwam27 read your title! Suggesting it''s madness, which it certainly is not[/quote]

SYG-It''s a title. read the thread. Or do you only decide the book is good by reading it''s cover!