Sign in to follow this  
simmo_2

Attacking Barclay 2nd Half

We would have lost today if attacking the the so so quiet N&P 2nd half and Hull attacking there Fans 2nd Half.

People on here who watch but don''t play football wont understand the difference little things make.

Have you played in front of large crowds?

I''ve played football all my life and the crowd have not made much difference but I''ve only played in front of around 500 people max.

On your theory no away team would ever win

People on here are not football people they cant understand the relevance of the post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Simmo, I''m 100% behind you on this. How often do we do it? Either we''re the unluckiest team in the league to keep losing the toss or someone doesn''t have a clue.

[quote user="Butterbean_Canary"]Have you played in front of large crowds?

I''ve played football all my life and the crowd have not made much difference but I''ve only played in front of around 500 people max.

On your theory no away team would ever win[/quote]

So why do every big club in the world prefer to play 2nd half in a certain direction?????????????????

[quote user="simmo_2"]We would have lost today if attacking the the so so quiet N&P 2nd half and Hull attacking there Fans 2nd Half.

People on here who watch but don''t play football wont understand the difference little things make.[/quote]Agree, I''d rather see us attack the Barclay in the 2nd half[Y]

We should have the home bench barclay side and players should go to barclay end pre match, the sun argument is poor because whoever wins toss would pick the barclay 2nd half

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Hull won the toss...

[/quote]Typical negative Hughton toss tactics[:@]

Keep seeing threads on this. Its the sun !!!!

Anyone who has stood or sat in the Barclay will know you can spend half the game with a blinding sun in your face.

Ever noticed on MOTD those sunlit Yellow shirts in the Barclay.

The players facing the River End can be blinded by low sun.

If you win the toss...make your opponents face the sun. No brainer.

[quote user="Ketts Rebel"]Keep seeing threads on this. Its the sun !!!!

Anyone who has stood or sat in the Barclay will know you can spend half the game with a blinding sun in your face.

Ever noticed on MOTD those sunlit Yellow shirts in the Barclay.

The players facing the River End can be blinded by low sun.

If you win the toss...make your opponents face the sun. No brainer.[/quote]

The other team must notice the Sun or are they all blind, its when the other team win toss on night match or similar and they will stay where they are and so will our non thinking players

I sit in the Barclay Upper. Overcast initially, but towards the end of the first half a low bright sun appeared over the river end.

I remember this because I forgot my Barclay essentials....sunglasses

It''s obvious that there is some kind of superstition with regard City playing towqrds the dullards in the second half although the reason for this is beyond me. The number of times I have sat in the Barclay on a truly dull and overcast sky and City have attacked the River End in the second half is incalculable!

One question I do have is why the linesmen run the lines on the sides they do?

Is there some sort of rule that say''s they have to run the line on the right closest to the tunnel and on the left furthest away? I don''t think so though as how do teams that come out in the corner facilitate that??

My point is that there is always a linesman in front of the away fans and so they will have an undoubted effect on his decisions whereas I would prefer our fans to have that influence!!

OTBC

[quote user="mr lister"]It''s obvious that there is some kind of superstition with regard City playing towqrds the dullards in the second half although the reason for this is beyond me. The number of times I have sat in the Barclay on a truly dull and overcast sky and City have attacked the River End in the second half is incalculable!

Is there some sort of rule that say''s they have to run the line on the right closest to the tunnel and on the left furthest away? I don''t think so though as how do teams that come out in the corner facilitate that??

My point is that there is always a linesman in front of the away fans and so they will have an undoubted effect on his decisions whereas I would prefer our fans to have that influence!!

OTBC[/quote]Correct Correct Correct---- Other clubs ie big clubs would move away fans totally away from linesman etc etc etc

[quote user="mr lister"]It''s obvious that there is some kind of superstition with regard City playing towqrds the dullards in the second half although the reason for this is beyond me. The number of times I have sat in the Barclay on a truly dull and overcast sky and City have attacked the River End in the second half is incalculable!

OTBC[/quote]

To my knowledge there is no rule about which side the linesmen have to stand, this is normally dictated by the referee who will run diagonally on the pitch and it his preferred run that dictates which line the flagmen cover.

When I first started watching Norwich many moons ago we would seem to score most of our goals at the River End. I''m sure there''s a statto who could prove me wrong but it always seemed that way to me.The sun may not make a difference to players however it does to the crowd. It is very noticeable how quiet the Barclay is when the sun is low in the sky as most of the crowd have their hands blocking the sun and therefore are unable to clap. As we all know, Norwich fans are unable to sing without clapping at the speed of sound at the same time....