Sign in to follow this  
Muffles

Carway or Nordiff?

While I''m not usually one to watch and comment on other clubs, we get enough drama with our own, I can''t help but feel that Solskjaer could be making a big mistake with Cardiff by slowly buying up alot of Norwegians - reminds me a bit of when Peter Grant was in charge and went on a quest to bring in many (too many?) Scottish players.

I was thinking exactly that just now reading about their latest Norwegian recruit. A 23 year AM/forward that he had at Molde. Does he think a player who was useful at Molde is just going to fit right in to the premier league at that age? He may do in time, but that''s one thing OGS doesn''t have and we know how quickly best laid plans go off the rails.

Plus he has ''Insanity Tan'' on his shoulder not making it any easier.

Quite frankly I don''t think any of the ''strugglers'' who have changed managers this season have done that well.

Pulis seems to have made the biggest impact but I can''t se this lasting either as both he and his squad have their obvious limitations.

We can now change our manager, as it seems inevitable sooner rather than later, at leisure and with less panic

I guess OGS''s idea is to bring in players he knows, and they know him, so he can implement his system asap - rather than coaching a whole new set of players his ideas. Whilst this latest signing doesn''t look great on paper Magnus Wolf Eikrem and Matts Moller Daehli are both very, very good players.

Whether bringing in so many players who are clearly close to the manager at the same time is a good idea is another question. I might cause some resentment in the exisiting squad who feel they are losing their places to the ''teacher''s pet'' so to speak.

Some might say Tan is a hinderance, but without him and his bank roll, Cardiff wouldn''t be able to sign all these players - their spending is now starting to push the £50m mark this season alone...

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]Quite frankly I don''t think any of the ''strugglers'' who have changed managers this season have done that well.

Pulis seems to have made the biggest impact but I can''t se this lasting either as both he and his squad have their obvious limitations.

We can now change our manager, as it seems inevitable sooner rather than later, at leisure and with less panic[/quote]

Both Pulis and Poyet have attained points per game ratios that would see them comfortably in midtable if extended over the season.

Assume you mean in their times at the respective clubs? Can beleive that with Pulis but Poyet''s arrival didn''t signal a huge change of fortunes in their league form. What is their the ppg since he arrived?

[quote user="a1canary"]Assume you mean in their times at the respective clubs? Can beleive that with Pulis but Poyet''s arrival didn''t signal a huge change of fortunes in their league form. What is their the ppg since he arrived?[/quote]

Poyet has 17 points from his 15 games at Sunderland in the League - 1.13 ppg.

Would mean 43 points over a season - not great, not midtable, but not relegated.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

[quote user="a1canary"]Assume you mean in their times at the respective clubs? Can beleive that with Pulis but Poyet''s arrival didn''t signal a huge change of fortunes in their league form. What is their the ppg since he arrived?[/quote]

Poyet has 17 points from his 15 games at Sunderland in the League - 1.13 ppg.

Would mean 43 points over a season - not great, not midtable, but not relegated.

[/quote]

Also means only a total of 36 this season - touch and go...

a1canary wrote the following post at 2014-01-24 3:21 PM:

I was thinking exactly that just now reading about their latest Norwegian recruit. A 23 year AM/forward that he had at Molde. Does he think a player who was useful at Molde is just going to fit right in to the premier league at that age? He may do in time, but that''s one thing OGS doesn''t have and we know how quickly best laid plans go off the rails.

Plus he has ''Insanity Tan'' on his shoulder not making it any easier.

Errrrrr, RVW, Fer! What''s the difference?

Errrr... not a lot, which is precisely the point. We acquired RvW in plenty of time for the new season and he has scored one goal. Can Cardiff afford a similar return half way through the season and in the middle of a relegation battle? No, they can''t.

Get has settled in a bit faster and I would say the one difference is that they are more experienced and in RvWs CA''s has experienced a new league in a new country. OGS''s signings are bigger gambles IMO and even then in RvWs case he has struggled to settle.

I do think he''s going to get back on the go trail against Newcastle tho :)

Oh my god smart phone keyboards are annoying! Why do they think they know what you want to type and get it so completely wrong?!

Corrections as follows:

Get = Fer

RvWs CA''s = RvWs case

The go trail = the goal trail