Sign in to follow this  
CHIRPING CANARY

Pet names, Norwich connection?

Just wondering if any of you named your pets after a player or anything connected to carrow road. I had a cat called Flecky. ( Robert fleck of course) just a bit of fun this!

Nothing with a Norwich connection, but when I lived in the Waveney valley my next door neighbour was a binner ,and he had a dog called Eric, who supposedly was named after Eric Gates. The nearest I got to a pet with a local connection was a brown/tan cat called Adnams.

Nope, my father knows a man from London who is a West Ham fan. He called his dog Geoff , after Geoff Hurst he claimed...

How about calling your cat Delia...or if you have two Wynny and Jones...

When I was young, growing up in the countryside, my sister would often feed and play with the neighbours cats. Whilst I never knew their real names, we (my dad and me) named one Efan (after my favourite Norwich player of the time) and another Fat Bob (cause he was fat and evil, like a certain Mr.Chase!)

All our pets are (mistakenly) named by the kids, so usually end up being called fluffy or spiderman or something from a kids TV program.

However, as they get older I''m sure players names will soon come into it...

[quote user="Muffles"]

All our pets are (mistakenly) named by the kids, so usually end up being called fluffy or spiderman or something from a kids TV program.

[/quote]There you go, Muffles. Spiderman = Gutierrez.A ready made Norwich connection.......

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="Muffles"]

[/quote]There you go, Muffles. Spiderman = Gutierrez.A ready made Norwich connection.......[/quote]

Good call - however Spiderman the fish (yeah, I know, but he''s only 3), is now in the great aquarium in the sky.....

[quote user="I Love Fernando Derveld"]we (my dad and me) named one Efan......[/quote]I knew that cat and it was originally named "Efan" by the neighbours because every time it sh@t in their garden they shouted " there''s that efan cat again". [:S]

Nah i''ve always named my pets after Buffy characters.
Had Spike and Angel the hamsters, and quite aptly they fought too much and had to be separated. Also Willow and Tara the Guinea Pigs.
Much better than naming after footballers ;)

We used to have a cat called Huckerby but he got run over.  I assume he was alright crossing over but must have ben hit wandering back slowly with his hands (paws) on his hips.

I had two cats when I was 7 (1994) called Effie and Jezz after Efan Ekoku and Jeremy Goss. Jezz sadly was run over after a couple of years and Effie died last year at the grand old age of 19!