Sign in to follow this  
Bill

Interesting stats about Ruddy

Which prove he is our most attacking playertaken from Saddo.comRuddy has the highest ratio of forward passes over 50 yards  - 99.97%Highest ratio of dead ball kicks that cover more than 60 yards - 87.42 %Least number of back passes 0%Highest ration of desists (saves) at an average of 17.73 per gameAnd the highest number of handling the ball without being penalised per game 31.96% per gameso why is Hughton playing him so far away from the offensive score zone ?

This did raise a chuckle. I still think there is a place for stats, but too many pick and choose them to suit their agenda.

I agree. As a stat the league table is clearly wrong because Houghton is not better than the 8 managers whose clubs are below Norwich. You can''t even rely on the league table at the end of the season if it doesn''t reflect the calendar year...

Good point Nutty.

Sets me thinking that we could put an end to that nonsense simply by changing when the season runs. Lets have a calendar year season, we could make the switch when we have the Christmas World Cup.

Having the close season in the winter would be good for non international players, being able to have chrimbo with their family and can eat like the rest of us.

The January transfer window would also fall in the close season and many managers have said they want to see an end to them mid season.

Winter break has often been mentioned.

Stats would always be relevant and we wouldn''t have to worry about sacking a manager at an expensive time of year.

Got to be better for the blankets too.

Do you know I think you''re onto something! Pancake Day to Bonfire Night. If we''d done that last year our last game would have been that 7-0 defeat at Man City instead of the beach football the previous May. Now that really would have been out of the frying pan into the fire.....

I''m still waiting to see if Ruddy in the transfer window will be sold as I was told just before his dip in form around the Man City away match. Maybe his indifferent form put a potential move off?

The source came from a current squad player, so maybe they were being mischievous!

He signed a new contract only days before that Man City game : -

Ruddy has committed himself to a new deal which will keep him at Carrow Road until the summer of 2017, with the Canaires having an option of a further 12 months.

The 27-year-old has made 107 appearances for Norwich since joining from Everton in 2010 and made his senior debut for England against Italy in 2012.

"I''m more than happy to commit my long-term future to the club," Ruddy told the club''s official website.

"I''ve thoroughly enjoyed my time at Norwich City - everyone has been very supportive. The whole club, the players and staff I have worked with have been fantastic.

"I''ve broken into the England squad while at Norwich, and without the opportunity they gave me I wouldn''t have been anywhere near it. I was in a bit of a no-man''s land before I joined the club, and they took a gamble on me.

"Thankfully I think it''s paid off for both sides and now I''m just looking to keep up my form."

I forgot to add that he has conceded the least number of throws in the offensive up top zonehas had the highest ratio of shots that missed the offensive scoring zone (they fell short)and has been offside the least  (in fact none)and has the highest ratio of possession  13.83 seconds per game (including retrieving the ball from behind the goal)and has the lowest ration of failed headers 0.01%the ishoooooo must be does Hughton not read this stats before picking the teamI reckon the board don''t even check them before buying a player either

I think you’re wrong and Hughton does read the stats and

that’s why Ruddy is always the first player on his team sheet.

Unfortunately, convention dictates that this is the

goalkeeper.