Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

Now We have The Militants.

In yesterdays EDP there was a letter attacking ''militant'' fans from none other than Myra Hawtree vice chairman of the Norwich City Supporters Trust. No prizes for guessing the subject matter. Obviously she is not content to let the matter drop until the end of the season.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

In yesterdays EDP there was a letter attacking ''militant'' fans from none other than Myra Hawtree vice chairman of the Norwich City Supporters Trust. No prizes for guessing the subject matter. Obviously she is not content to let the matter drop until the end of the season.

[/quote]

In any society, town, city, village, you will get a mixture of all types of people with all types of views.   Militants or extremists are always there waiting for a cause to get their juices flowing.   Its beholden on the rest of us to see them for what they are and not give them any encouragement.  Are you implying MH  is making it worse by highlighting them?   I would agree with that.  People simply have to accept the situation and get on with it.  Highlighting a few numpties who are living in a nether world where reality only exists in the past, is not helpful.  And don''t start with the LDC attacking fans routine.   There are only a very few "militants".  The rest of fans are just concerned and I would think that most fans will soon get behind Hughton if the team picks up and starts scoring and winning a bit more.   This message board doesn''t help (there''s a few numpties on here) but thankfully, it''s not representative of the majority of fans.   

[quote user="Warren Hill"]That didn''t work then....but it did in preview...?[/quote]
Sounds like the pinkun

[quote user="lake district canary"]And don''t start with the LDC attacking fans routine.   There are only a very few "militants".  The rest of fans are just concerned and I would think that most fans will soon get behind Hughton if the team picks up and starts scoring and winning a bit more.   This message board doesn''t help (there''s a few numpties on here) but thankfully, it''s not representative of the majority of fans.   

[/quote]Not read this particular piece, but in the end it depends on what your definition of "militant" is, Lakey. Plus, perhaps more pertinently, that of Myra Hawtree (brilliant name btw !) . But, of course your basic point above is correct. There is a parallel to the Labour Party in in the 90''s . They had their own Militant Tendency in that period, plus, of course there were the Blairite ''militants'', who wanted to take the party in a much more right wing direction. But of course when the party came out of the shadows and started to be successful and win elections, the militants soon quietened down.So, similarly, if Norwich City start to win lots of football matches, play some entertaining football and manage to stay in the PL without a God-awful struggle each season, then their own militants will pipe down too.I assume that I am one of the "numpties" on this board that you refer to above. Well, if, by that you mean I am one of the awkward squad who will not just ''accept the situation and get on with it'', then you are right. But there are lots of us (far more than you are implying), and we are not in the business of accepting second best for our club. Personally, I do not believe you are either . As ever we are just at odds as to who are the best personnel of going about it !

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="lake district canary"]And don''t start with the LDC attacking fans routine.   There are only a very few "militants".  The rest of fans are just concerned and I would think that most fans will soon get behind Hughton if the team picks up and starts scoring and winning a bit more.   This message board doesn''t help (there''s a few numpties on here) but thankfully, it''s not representative of the majority of fans.    [/quote]Not read this particular piece, but in the end it depends on what your definition of "militant" is, Lakey. Plus, perhaps more pertinently, that of Myra Hawtree (brilliant name btw !) . But, of course your basic point above is correct. There is a parallel to the Labour Party in in the 90''s . They had their own Militant Tendency in that period, plus, of course there were the Blairite ''militants'', who wanted to take the party in a much more right wing direction. But of course when the party came out of the shadows and started to be successful and win elections, the militants soon quietened down.So, similarly, if Norwich City start to win lots of football matches, play some entertaining football and manage to stay in the PL without a God-awful struggle each season, then their own militants will pipe down too.I assume that I am one of the "numpties" on this board that you refer to above. Well, if, by that you mean I am one of the awkward squad who will not just ''accept the situation and get on with it'', then you are right. But there are lots of us (far more than you are implying), and we are not in the business of accepting second best for our club. Personally, I do not believe you are either . As ever we are just at odds as to who are the best personnel of going about it ![/quote]

It''s up to you if you think you''re a numpty or not.  My own thoughts are that the nunpties in this case are those who can''t see a possible scenario where things improve under Hughton and they are stuck in the "Hughton out whatever happens" mode.   If - and I say if - we improve and start attacking with more cohesiveness resulting in goals and "entertainment" and going up the table, then why would anyone want him to go?  

[quote user="lake district canary"]

It''s up to you if you think you''re a numpty or not.  My own thoughts are that the nunpties in this case are those who can''t see a possible scenario where things improve under Hughton and they are stuck in the "Hughton out whatever happens" mode.   If - and I say if - we improve and start attacking with more cohesiveness resulting in goals and "entertainment" and going up the table, then why would anyone want him to go?  

[/quote]Well, I did try to be civil, Lakey. What a stupid first sentence. Of course I do not think I''m a numpty. I asked you a perfectly reasonable question, and you respond like that.And , of course I can imagine a circumstance where magically, things improve under Hughton, thus not needing any sort of change. In the same way, it''s perfectly possible that President Assad will pitch up in Montreux later today, and tell the UN  that he''s seen the error of his ways, and he''s stepping down as president of Syria. Anything''s possible !The slight flaw in your position is that, even in the short sentence you used there are two ''ifs'', and the rest of it is a wish list, very little of which has materialised thus far.

[quote user="Ginja"][quote user="Warren Hill"]That didn''t work then....but it did in preview...?[/quote]
Sounds like the pinkun
[/quote]Sound more like Hughton''s tactics. [/joke]

"most fans will soon get behind Hughton if the team picks up and starts scoring and winning a bit more."Just as they would if Delia played a game in goal and saved a couple of penalties - but the overwhelming evidence based on past behaviour is that it is not going to happen.The curious thing is the arch troll now accepts that the team needs to pick up a bit whereas before we were always pointed to other teams and told that we were not really doing bad at all.It is also now if, not whenCoincidentally the reverse of the Hughton question

ps some might actually wonder at the use of the words ''most fans'' and it being dependent on some possible event in the future - whereas we have been previously told that most fans were already behind Hughton3/10 must do better trollman

[quote user="City1st"]"most fans will soon get behind Hughton if the team picks up and starts scoring and winning a bit more."Just as they would if Delia played a game in goal and saved a couple of penalties - but the overwhelming evidence based on past behaviour is that it is not going to happen. The curious thing is the arch troll now accepts that the team needs to pick up a bit whereas before we were always pointed to other teams and told that we were not really doing bad at all. It is also now if, not when   Coincidentally the reverse of the Hughton questionps some might actually wonder at the use of the words ''most fans'' and it being dependent on some possible event in the future - whereas we have been previously told that most fans were already behind Hughton[/quote]

You really don''t get it do you City.Over this issue, I have not put  myself in a position of certainty and then find I have nowhere to go with it (like you have done).    At the beginning of the season I said he needed time - which he did.  Then after the tonkings at MU and MC I had doubts - and said so. Then as we rallied defensively and steadied the ship with some good results  I re-affirmed my view that he should be given the time - which I still think.   

Now, the question has changed because he isn''t likely to be sacked now anyway, at least until the end of the season. So in that scenario, if results pick up, a lot of fans will be happy with that.  You may not be happy with that because of the position you have put yourself in, but I can''t help that.Also, as it happens, I''ve been saying all along that we need to improve, too, but I wouldn''t expect you to accept that, as you have such a poor impression of me.  To you, anything I do or say is wrong, deluded, misguided, ill informed or troll like.  Its funny but there are people out there who have agreed with me on this, so I''m not on my own.  

He''s undoubtedly here for the season now - and as I said -   if  while he is here things improve, people will soon forget the difficult times. We all want to enjoy the football not go on and on about  an issue which should be put on the back burner at least to a time when the season is over.  In case you hadn''t noticed, we are in a fight with ten other clubs, all battling to find form and confidence in a tense league.   Your rabbiting on about me in the way you do is just a distraction from the real issue which you can''t face - that Hughton is very likely here until the end of the season, whatever you may want.

I can only hope that some poor s od doesn''t ever have a barrister as clueless as you

"if results pick up, a lot of fans will be happy with that"which is not the same as getting behind Hughton as you claimed"Its funny but there are people out there who have agreed with me on this, so I''m not on my own"   that would hardly make for a defence in any court" if  while he is here things improve, people will soon forget the difficult times"that again is you making things up, the evidence is that fans do remember it is what their response is that is important"an issoooooooooooooo which should be put on the back burner at least to a time when the season is over"

it just gets worse, we are struggling, something that is of paramount concern to fans and in tandem with that struggle fans are not enjoying their football - that''s why the overwhelming majority want him goneyou sound very similar to those god botherers who come knocking at the door, no real argument on any ability to recognise that others can see through their idiotic guffyou can spin it as much as you like, add what ever emotive language you wish but you are about as believable as they are with there imaginary friend living in the cloudsstill, just as they do you do provide some amusement

[quote user="City1st"]I can only hope that some poor s od doesn''t ever have a barrister as clueless as you "if results pick up, a lot of fans will be happy with that"which is not the same as getting behind Hughton as you claimed"Its funny but there are people out there who have agreed with me on this, so I''m not on my own"   that would hardly make for a defence in any court" if  while he is here things improve, people will soon forget the difficult times"that again is you making things up, the evidence is that fans do remember it is what their response is that is important"an issoooooooooooooo which should be put on the back burner at least to a time when the season is over"

it just gets worse, we are struggling, something that is of paramount concern to fans and in tandem with that struggle fans are not enjoying their football - that''s why the overwhelming majority want him goneyou sound very similar to those god botherers who come knocking at the door, no real argument on any ability to recognise that others can see through their idiotic guffyou can spin it as much as you like, add what ever emotive language you wish but you are about as believable as they are with there imaginary friend living in the cloudsstill, just as they do you do provide some amusement[/quote]

I give up. You plainly can''t or won''t listen to anything that approaches the situation as it is.  You can go on not enjoying this season if you like, its up to you.  There are plenty of us that will enjoy the process of seeing whether we can push on with getting players back from injury, get some confidence going and some good results, so I''ll leave you to your ramblings.   And who knows - IF - we do that, then I would think Hughton will be here for a lot longer than just the end of this season.  

Just a quick question Lakey and sorry to disrupt you with your off topic ramblings but what exactly has any of this got to do with the Vice Chairman of the NCFC Supporters Trust writing a letter to the press lambasting fans who question the merits of the manager and into the bargain calling them Militants ? Like you she pops up on here having a pop at fans but writing to the press.......Really ?

[quote user="snake-eyes"]A lot of IFs there LDC![/quote]No, only two!   If we do well from here on in - we will stay up and people will be  a lot happier and Hughton will stay.If we do badly, we will go down and Hughton very likely to lose his job.The trouble is that people like City 1st can''t or won''t see it like that because they lose either way. We keep Hughton in the first scenario  or we get relegated in the second scenario - neither of those would make them happy.Poor dears!  [:D]

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="City1st"]I can only hope that some poor s od doesn''t ever have a barrister as clueless as you "if results pick up, a lot of fans will be happy with that"which is not the same as getting behind Hughton as you claimed"Its funny but there are people out there who have agreed with me on this, so I''m not on my own"   that would hardly make for a defence in any court" if  while he is here things improve, people will soon forget the difficult times"that again is you making things up, the evidence is that fans do remember it is what their response is that is important"an issoooooooooooooo which should be put on the back burner at least to a time when the season is over"

it just gets worse, we are struggling, something that is of paramount concern to fans and in tandem with that struggle fans are not enjoying their football - that''s why the overwhelming majority want him goneyou sound very similar to those god botherers who come knocking at the door, no real argument on any ability to recognise that others can see through their idiotic guffyou can spin it as much as you like, add what ever emotive language you wish but you are about as believable as they are with there imaginary friend living in the cloudsstill, just as they do you do provide some amusement[/quote]

I give up. You plainly can''t or won''t listen to anything that approaches the situation as it is.  You can go on not enjoying this season if you like, its up to you.  There are plenty of us that will enjoy the process of seeing whether we can push on with getting players back from injury, get some confidence going and some good results, so I''ll leave you to your ramblings.   And who knows - IF - we do that, then I would think Hughton will be here for a lot longer than just the end of this season.  

[/quote]

you are probably one of the worst trolls we''ve had on here for a long, long whilebeyond the lies and misrepresentation there is not much else you offer

I have never said I am not enjoying this season.so you really should stop lying LDC

[quote user="City1st"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="City1st"]I can only hope that some poor s od doesn''t ever have a barrister as clueless as you "if results pick up, a lot of fans will be happy with that"which is not the same as getting behind Hughton as you claimed"Its funny but there are people out there who have agreed with me on this, so I''m not on my own"   that would hardly make for a defence in any court" if  while he is here things improve, people will soon forget the difficult times"that again is you making things up, the evidence is that fans do remember it is what their response is that is important"an issoooooooooooooo which should be put on the back burner at least to a time when the season is over"

it just gets worse, we are struggling, something that is of paramount concern to fans and in tandem with that struggle fans are not enjoying their football - that''s why the overwhelming majority want him goneyou sound very similar to those god botherers who come knocking at the door, no real argument on any ability to recognise that others can see through their idiotic guffyou can spin it as much as you like, add what ever emotive language you wish but you are about as believable as they are with there imaginary friend living in the cloudsstill, just as they do you do provide some amusement[/quote]I give up. You plainly can''t or won''t listen to anything that approaches the situation as it is.  You can go on not enjoying this season if you like, its up to you.  There are plenty of us that will enjoy the process of seeing whether we can push on with getting players back from injury, get some confidence going and some good results, so I''ll leave you to your ramblings.   And who knows - IF - we do that, then I would think Hughton will be here for a lot longer than just the end of this season.   [/quote]you are probably one of the worst trolls we''ve had on here for a long, long whilebeyond the lies and misrepresentation there is not much else you offerI have never said I am not enjoying this season.so you really should stop lying LDC[/quote]That has got to be one of the funniest things I''ve seen on here recently.  The only thing you seem to enjoy is winding posters up, because you sure as h*ll give the impression you don''t like what you see on the pitch.   Oh and Til, just in passing, if you look back I was the first person to answer your thread on topic. Its others who have lead it astray with their ishooo''s.

[quote user="lake district canary"]

Oh and Til, just in passing, if you look back I was the first person to answer your thread on topic. Its others who have lead it astray with their ishooo''s.

[/quote]

Lakey YOU led it astray by bringing into play EVERYTHING that I avoided saying in the OP. This thread is about Myra Hawtree wriitng to the press having a pop yet again at fans. Please tell me where you have adressed that ? Mind you there is a lot in common with you two so we should not really be surprised you cannot tell the wood from the trees.

So it''s an impression now, whereas earlier it was a clear statement. So it was another lie.I''m not too sure how pointing out that you are an habitual liar is winding posters up, but if that is the funniest thing you have seen on here recently maybe you should re read some of your hopeless attempts to discuss football tactics and the players.Now they are funny

I haven''t seen the letter but I would be proud to be called a militant. I seem to remember being quite happy to be called that when I was called that.