Sign in to follow this  
Hannibal II

Would anyone take..

John Terry in the summer given his contract expires? bit of a controversial figure but proven quality and an excellent reader of the game and leader on the field.

John terry? Too much weetabix for you this morning. Why don''t we get etoo as well, and maybe some other players who have spent almost the entirety of their careers on 100k a week plus.

[quote user="Hannibal II"]John Terry in the summer given his contract expires? bit of a controversial figure but proven quality and an excellent reader of the game and leader on the field.[/quote]

lol cuckooooooo

Would we take him ? Yes !

Would we go for him ? No !

Would he come here ! No

Supposedly are average wage bill is £23k a week, one of lowest in the league so dont see where he would fit in. Lets try and be realistic.

Put that in the file "deluded" with kevin de bruyne, miroslav klose.

Any other ridiculous ones been seen on here.

"who have spent almost the entirety of their careers on 100k a week plus"

Just because he has been on £100k a week doesn''t mean he would get that again unless he wanted to go and play in some oil rich country with a crap league.

There aren''t many players who retire on their best contract. Joe Cole was reportedly on £92k at Liverpool and isn''t going to be on that at West Ham, Micheal Owen was likely to be on several times his Stoke salary when at Real Madrid and Newcastle.

So not really sure what your point is with that one. But with all said and done, is unlikely that John Terry would want to play for an unfashionable club and he will probably end up being an MLS designated player or signing a reduced deal at Chelsea like Lampard did.

My point le juge is that he would sooner retire than take pay cut and play for us. After all he achieved in the game do you honestly believe that he would? Fair enough you found some examples of players that have and have peaked at around 100k, but they are not long term high performers that would command the salaries that terry or etoo would, as both have been massive players and winning silverware for much of their careers. But I get your point, my phrasing was not initially concise enough to get all those aspects across, I unwisely assumed people would get the point and fill in any gaps appropriately.

FFS, it''s a message board. People are allowed to put their thoughts and ask questions, without every moron shooting them down.Wages aside, he''s better than anything we''ve got, so wages aside, lets say that again, wages aside I''d have him here. Isn''t that what the OP asked, not whether people thought he was deluded in posting this innocuous comment

I think we all know if we''re honest that we would take him in a heartbeat, if wages permitted, because he is a quality centre back, and would also help raise the profile of the club further.

The rest of the squad might not be too happy, however [;)]

Would he be good enough to improve our side – yes.

Do I have a win at all costs attitude to our side – no.

As such, would I want a total scumbag paying for our club – no.

Similar reasons why I''d be happier playing back in League One than having a Russian oligarch/Chinese billionaire owner spending zillions on new players while pissing about with our badge, name and history.

Ultimately the club we support has to be about more than just the points on the board.

Anyone who says they wouldn''t are mad. One of England''s best centre backs for years. Still got a couple of premiership years in him yet.

Could we afford his wages no chance !!