Sign in to follow this  
Nigels Nuts

Ayala gone to Boro!!

I do remember the Ayala eraI''m sure other City fans also have such fond memories of that time

His 10 games for us will go down as some of the best even our older fans have ever seen.
I''m sure when Delia finally sells up, what she''ll be most proud of is the time Ayala spent here. How this small time club could ever attract such a legend of the game will forever stay in our hearts. Its hard to put into words just how important Ayala was to all of us, I mean a Spaniard from Liverpool, this is what dreams are made of. All we can really hope for now, is when the film of his life is made we are part of that. Perhaps they will even ask for some Norwich fans as extras, what an experience that would be, especially for the youngsters who barley got a sniff of Ayala''s true greatness.
In some ways we had no choice, Ayala has gone to a bigger club. I''m sure Madrid, Juventus and PSG were all after his. Man.U have had to settle for Mata. Whilst Chelsea have gone for some unknown Salah bloke. I bet our own players are devastated, it''s of course publicly known what a huge influence he was in the dressing room. Its probably why Hoolahan wants to leave, he can''t imagine walking into the training ground and not seeing Ayala there. I wouldn''t be shocked to see Hughton resign tomorrow, I mean what can he do without this man?
Ayala will go down as a true football great. I''m sure the likes of Pele, Maradonna, Messi and Ronaldo will bow down to him when he finally retires. Although he''s such a fine specimen i''m sure he can go on for years and years. We will have to stay strong to avoid converting to Boro fans now, its tempting I know. But we supports the boys in Yellow. Unfortunately Ayala is no longer one of us. Just show him the respect he well and truly deserves and let him get on in his career. A player of his calibre deserves Champions League and Ballon d''Or''s and he was never going to get that whilst being limited here.
Good bye and good luck Dani Ayala.

Well done GP buddy. Sums it up in a giant clam''s shell for me[;)]

And to think, like with Hucks, we never had the chance to say goodbye[:''(]

Ahhhh - sighhhhhh........

I feel tears welling up whenever I think of the halcyon days of the Ayala era.

So many great memories - I think my personal favourite has to be when he limped off injured after 30 minutes of the never to be forgotten 4-0 home defeat to MK Dons in the Coca-Cola Cup. Such happy times...........

[quote user="Thirsty Lizard"]Ahhhh - sighhhhhh........

I feel tears welling up whenever I think of the halcyon days of the Ayala era.

So many great memories - I think my personal favourite has to be when he limped off injured after 30 minutes of the never to be forgotten 4-0 home defeat to MK Dons in the Coca-Cola Cup. Such happy times...........[/quote]it just doesn''t seem the same any morea sort of dull emptiness that can never be filled................... rather like poorman road on match days

[quote user="Surfer"]Ayala and Whitbread, what a pairing. Will we ever see their likes again?[/quote]

That has to be the most injury prone centre back pairing in the history of our club.

The replys on this post just show how people are just cheerers and swearers on this site and not proper football people, sorry lads you are ridiculous.

I thought it was a pretty ordinary signing at the time and his performances (although admittedly few and far between) did little to persuade me otherwise. I particularly remember him giving away a penalty at West Brom where he was clear favourite to win the ball yet somehow contrived to arrive late, give away a penalty and probably should have seen red for what was a nasty challenge.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]His 10 games for us will go down as some of the best even our older fans have ever seen.
I''m sure when Delia finally sells up, what she''ll be most proud of is the time Ayala spent here. How this small time club could ever attract such a legend of the game will forever stay in our hearts. Its hard to put into words just how important Ayala was to all of us, I mean a Spaniard from Liverpool, this is what dreams are made of. All we can really hope for now, is when the film of his life is made we are part of that. Perhaps they will even ask for some Norwich fans as extras, what an experience that would be, especially for the youngsters who barley got a sniff of Ayala''s true greatness.
In some ways we had no choice, Ayala has gone to a bigger club. I''m sure Madrid, Juventus and PSG were all after his. Man.U have had to settle for Mata. Whilst Chelsea have gone for some unknown Salah bloke. I bet our own players are devastated, it''s of course publicly known what a huge influence he was in the dressing room. Its probably why Hoolahan wants to leave, he can''t imagine walking into the training ground and not seeing Ayala there. I wouldn''t be shocked to see Hughton resign tomorrow, I mean what can he do without this man?
Ayala will go down as a true football great. I''m sure the likes of Pele, Maradonna, Messi and Ronaldo will bow down to him when he finally retires. Although he''s such a fine specimen i''m sure he can go on for years and years. We will have to stay strong to avoid converting to Boro fans now, its tempting I know. But we supports the boys in Yellow. Unfortunately Ayala is no longer one of us. Just show him the respect he well and truly deserves and let him get on in his career. A player of his calibre deserves Champions League and Ballon d''Or''s and he was never going to get that whilst being limited here.
Good bye and good luck Dani Ayala.
[/quote]I reckon that''s all a bit over the top, and that''s putting it mildly.