Sign in to follow this  
Two penneth

Scott Dann

[quote user="Green and Yellow fellow"]Personally would be gutted to be linked with Ciani and then get Scott Dann. He''s not bad though, was a £6m player and 26 years old. But I''d say Ciani would be more ambitious and have a bigger impact on our club imo.[/quote]

So you''ve seen both play enough to make a judgement?

Scott Dann is a good player and at 26 is 3 years younger than Ciani. Before relegation he proved himself in the EPL with Blackburn and would be hungry to have another go at the top flight. Other EPL clubs have been linked with him of late and from memory he does score a few as well

I guess this will be another of those where a player we''re linked with gets absolutely slated, but the fact is he is pretty decent - has played in the PL before and would provide good competition at the back; certainly a big upgrade on Ayala if that is what we are after.

quality player, seen him a lot when he was at cov, best player they have had in the last 15 years

[quote user="skippdogg"]quality player, seen him a lot when he was at cov, best player they have had in the last 15 years[/quote]

thats not very inspiring

If it''s for a small fee, would definitely be an alright back-up to replace the outgoing Ayala and injured Turner.

I''d expect us to bring in a better player in the summer

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]Scott Dann is a good player and at 26 is 3 years younger than Ciani. Before relegation he proved himself in the EPL with Blackburn and would be hungry to have another go at the top flight. Other EPL clubs have been linked with him of late and from memory he does score a few as well[/quote]And before that he was part of that Birmingham team that finished in the top half of the prem. Think it was him and Roger Johnson in the middle of a defence which was one of the best in the league if I recall correctly.Can''t say I know how he is getting on these days though..

Maybe we''ll be signing both Ciani and Dann?

As mentioned before, Turner is out of contract in the summer. I''m a bit concerned he hasn''t been tied into a deal but perhaps the current management don''t feel he has offered enough for a longer term contract which perhaps he is after at his age?

Ciani is a step up and a bit younger is seen as a better option for a longer contract? Dann in who will be 27 before the end of the season is slightly younger and at 6''5" is pretty darn tall!

Also, didn''t someone post an article stating that Ciani would be deciding by this weekend . . . . .

would prefer grant hanley or harry maguire if we are going to sign from lower english leagues young and hungry and probably happier to be rotation players, dann will be expecting to start, i dont see him as being any better than bennett

Only a short few years ago Dann was being highly commended when playing for Brum in the prem. They got relegated and was being looked at by several clubs and ended up with a lucrative deal for Blackburn.

I know what some will say, we don''t want a guy who has been relegated twice, however Dann was singled out as being one of the best players in both teams and still has ability.

At 26 he is entering his best years as a defender and I for one feel this would not be a bad signing if it happens!

[quote user="snake-eyes"]Only a short few years ago Dann was being highly commended when playing for Brum in the prem. They got relegated and was being looked at by several clubs and ended up with a lucrative deal for Blackburn.

I know what some will say, we don''t want a guy who has been relegated twice, however Dann was singled out as being one of the best players in both teams and still has ability.

At 26 he is entering his best years as a defender and I for one feel this would not be a bad signing if it happens![/quote]

Blackburn (Steve Kean) payed nearly 7 million for him! Brum must have been laughing all the way to the bank.

I get the impression Dann is just a typical english central defender in the Turner mould.

It is a bit worrying we are being linked with such average players this transfer window. For the right price I suppose they will strengthen the squad. We''ll possibly be paying massive wages however, for very ordinary players.

[quote user="snake-eyes"]Only a short few years ago Dann was being highly commended when playing for Brum in the prem. They got relegated and was being looked at by several clubs and ended up with a lucrative deal for Blackburn.

At 26 he is entering his best years as a defender and I for one feel this would not be a bad signing if it happens![/quote]Blackburn (Steve Kean) payed nearly 7 million for him! Brum must have been laughing all the way to the bank. I get the impression Dann is a typical english central defender in the Turner mould.It

is a bit worrying we are being linked with such average players this

transfer window. For the right price I suppose they will strengthen the

squad. We''ll possibly be paying massive wages however, for very ordinary

players.

Turner = Average then?

In my books he does a solid job, maybe unspectacular but that doesn''t mean poor.

[quote user="chicken"]Turner = Average then?

In my books he does a solid job, maybe unspectacular but that doesn''t mean poor.[/quote]Turner has proven himself very decent at this level.   I never said he was poor.  I said Dann was a similar type of player.

He was excellent during the 2009/10 season when he partnered Roger Johnson and they had Joe Hart behind them. Since then his career seems to have fallen off a cliff somewhat. I am a little bit anxious about signing a player who hasn''t really produced his best football for around 3 years now.