Sign in to follow this  
Alex Moss

Swansea bid for Redmond.

Well, according to tomorrows Sunday Mirror they have...

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/swansea-transfer-news-nathan-redmond-3060568

Bullshit even by the Mirror''s standards. They could at least try to make their space filling yarns look vaguely feasible. No doubt they''ll have Seb off somewhere in the week.

That is up there with the ''out of favour Anthony Pilkington'' story they were pedalling last week! Complete fabrication because our transfer dealings are so slow they need something to write about.

It wouldn''t surprise me that Laudrup''s liked what he''s seen, but it did make me laugh when i saw it. No disrespect to Swansea but unless they bid absolutely ridiculous money it''s obvious we wouldn''t even entertain the idea, especially to a ''relegation rival''.

so many people can''t get a job, than you have idiot''s writing this stuff getting paid load''s. no Wonder the country is fucked, no chance of this.

[quote user="skippdogg"]so many people can''t get a job, than you have idiot''s writing this stuff getting paid load''s. no Wonder the country is fucked, no chance of this.[/quote]How do you know they have not lodged a cheeky bid , Swansea had a bid accepted in the summer and maybe they still fancy him..

So to get it straight, we''re selling Redmond Hoolahan Pilkington and Snodgrass - wonder which will turn out to be true and which not? I know Wes is no winger, but at this rate we''re going to be very short in the wide midfield positions! I can''t see why Pilks and Redmond would consider moving to the Liberty, below us in the table and things do not appear to be too good between Laudrup and the Swansea board at the moment judging by what''s being said on their main forum.

Even though this is almost certainly a BS story i''ll be interested if those saying we should let Pilkington go if we''re offered a couple of mil'' say the same in this case. Considering Pilkington is a far, far, superior player to Nathan ''No end product'' Redmond, who it would seem has the footballing I.Q of a glass of milk when he gets anywhere near the opposition''s 18 yard box.

[quote user="Tony Cottee Woz Ere . . ."]Even though this is almost certainly a BS story i''ll be interested if those saying we should let Pilkington go if we''re offered a couple of mil'' say the same in this case. Considering Pilkington is a far, far, superior player to Nathan ''No end product'' Redmond, who it would seem has the footballing I.Q of a glass of milk when he gets anywhere near the opposition''s 18 yard box. [/quote]

So superior to yours then?

We obviously won''t sell but of more concern to me is the fact a smaller club like Swansea think they have a chance of signing our players and the continued linking of our more creative players with moves away from the club. Either people are wrongly thinking that after signing Gutierez we are up for selling a winger, Swansea are just completely chancing their arm or the less attractive theory is that some of these players are not adverse to a move and their agents are letting that be known!

Swansea will finish comfortably above us this season. Bony is hitting good form and Michu is soon back from Injury. With Hughton''s dour tactics I would not be surprised if players like Pilkington or Redmond would rather be a Swan.

The only reasons these stories are coming up is because we signed Jonas who''s a winger so in the transfer world that means we must be letting a winger leave, they don''t actually understand we needed one because of injuries