Sign in to follow this  
CHIRPING CANARY

Steven Taylor

Good player, seems to be not getting picked due to a falling out with Pardew, who happens to be a knob, rather than his ability

[quote user="mrs miggins"]better than scott dann[/quote]

In the US , Taylor is a Christian name. So John Terry, Scott Dan and Steven Tayor all fit. So does Archie Colin and Wilfred Archibald. But I made the last two up.

beer.

I reckon this one''s got legs, it does appear from all the players we''re getting linked to that Hughton''s sole transfer objective in the remaining part of the window is to sign a centre back and with Ayala gone it wouldn''t surprise me if this signing is imminent. On a Toon site they''re saying we''ve tested the water with a £5.5mil bid.

If our reported interest is genuine, I''d be surprised if we''d valued him at £5.5m.

Speaking to Newcastle fans before and after last season''s home game they rated him reasonably highly but ....... he has been a bit of a sicknote as of late.

So would be surprised if the £5.5m bid is correct.

I don''t think too many could be disappointed with him, though i imagine he will get the sandard ''welcome'' from some (ie rubbish, overrated etc etc). Has plenty of experience at this level and would certainly add to the defence if he stays fit.

Cannot get that picture of him going down like he had been shot in the chest when he hand balled it.

Not going to rubbish the guy as he is a good defender though no better than what we have IMO.

Is it too much to ask that we try and find a centre half that is comfortable with the ball at his feet and can play the ball out?

I think the majority would welcome him, he would be an excellent addition to our squad because he is quality..........show''s how far we have come when we are looking at signing Steven Taylor!

I think it would be an excellent signing, but it worries me we can''t seem to go beyond Hughton''s old teams, with Bassong, Gutirrez and now taylor.But if they strengthen our team, and Newcastle don''t want him, then yes. AT least he know''s him and managed him. Would be a good signing

I agree with most of what has been said. He would be better than Dann, has good prem experience & seems to have something about him in terms of leadership skills. A very committed player.

Would be a great addition although £5M+ feels a lot of money for a player with his injury record - I think he has done his knee ligs on a couple of occasions.

I am hoping for at least a couple of additions to the squad this week.

Proven himself to be a good defender in the past but might just have gone a bit stale at Newcastle. A change might bring the best out of him.

[quote user="Evesham Canary"]Would be a great addition although £5M+ feels a lot of money for a player with his injury record - I think he has done his knee ligs on a couple of occasions.[/quote]I''d be put off by that too. Buying someone who doesn''t get injured often and hasn''t had any major problems is often a good policy, especially if we were looking to buy a regular starter.