Sign in to follow this  
Graham Paddons Beard

Summary of the current transfer situation?

For the benefit of those of us that are not too savvy on following Football Transfer Websites, across Europe and so on, are we actually in for anyone ? I know about Ciani which has gone a bit quiet, but is / are there more?

I can''t be trawling through 800 posts I just need a summary? Please?

All I keep reading about on Twatter are players that might leave!

Any news would be appreciated.   

Obviously no one can help Bearders.

I do know that it appears that, according to the main men on this board it has been decided that Holt is evil and going to Villa is a joke (that could be the other way round) also Hughton is a far better than manager Lambert. Hoolahan will soon be the devil in carnate.

Frankly that''s all I need to know and I suggest you should be satisfied and bow to the greater brains of The Chemical Brothers

Well as you''ve referred to me and Morty as the chemical brothers before then I take it we''re back there again. Except you don''t have a memory chip to go with your other chip you keep on your shoulder. If you did you''d know that I never slagged off Holty, Wes or Lambert.

You keep coming on here regailing us about other posters and what you see as their failings and yet it''s you that''s a blight on these pages with your nastiness and vindictive comments. You may think by saying we''re all jolly good fellows that excuses the moments when your mask falls down and you call people total wasters. You are the problem Bury. One of the very few who can''t debate without resorting to insults. That''s my view and I''m unanimous in that...

The eight Saddam body doubles are gathered in one of the bunkers in downtown Baghdad. Tariq Aziz, the deputy prime minister, comes in and says, "I have some good news and some bad news." They ask for the good news first.

Aziz says, ''The good news is that Saddam is still alive, so you all still have jobs."

"And the bad news?" they ask.

Aziz replies, "He''s lost an arm."

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

The eight Saddam body doubles are gathered in one of the bunkers in downtown Baghdad. Tariq Aziz, the deputy prime minister, comes in and says, "I have some good news and some bad news." They ask for the good news first.

Aziz says, ''The good news is that Saddam is still alive, so you all still have jobs."

"And the bad news?" they ask.

Aziz replies, "He''s lost an arm."

[/quote]Ha ha. That had me laughing out loud

Is this the new "Friday Joke Thread"?

Two Burymen were working for the Suffolk public works department. One would dig a hole and the other would follow behind him and fill the hole in. They worked up one side of the street, then down the other, then moved on to the next street, working furiously all day without rest, one man digging a hole, the other filling it in again.

An onlooker was amazed at their hard work, but couldn''t understand what they were doing. So he asked the hole digger, "I''m impressed by the effort you two are putting in to your work, but I don''t get it - why do you dig a hole, only to have your partner follow behind and fill it up again?"

The hole digger wiped his brow and sighed, "Well, I suppose it probably looks odd because we''re normally a three-person team. But today the lad who plants the trees called in sick.''"

Did someone mention the Friday joke thread??

BILLY’S GAY DANCER DAD.

Billy was at school this morning and the teacher asked all the children what their fathers did for a living. All the typical answers came out – fireman, policeman, salesman, tradesman etc. .etc., but Billy was being uncharacteristically quiet and so the teacher asked him about his father.

“My father is an exotic  dancer in a gay club and takes off all his clothes in front of other men. Sometimes if the offer is really good, he’ll go out with a man, rent a cheap hotel room and let them sleep with him. “

The teacher quickly set the other children some work to do and took Billy aside to ask him was that really true.

“No” said Billy, “He plays for Ipswich but I was just too embarrassed to say”.

Nutty, does your life consist of anything other than this light hearted board?

If it does you truly are a remarkable bloke and lead a life that is totally opposite to mine. That may be why we have a chasm between us. At least that''s what, I assume, you think!

I''ll see you one day at the very sensible and interesting hotel bar. It will be solely up to you and your mates whether its a good laugh or not….Buddy!

Oh and don''t forget we support the same team and I did say that we probably are all decent blokes. Perhaps after one of your latest sad retorts that may not be true.

Be Lucky

Nothing sadder and less imaginative than to retort with "total waster" don''t you think......

Buddy[:|]

Why is there this constant one up manship always going on ?Its like politicians who always try to keep a good name and be this pinacle of society. Who cares , really ?you should try to be more like me and see everything as the joke it is.

For the third,and final, time I will ask if there is an answer to my question? This strange poster who makes a comment about those from Suffolk being in some way inferior, is clearly an emabarrassment to the good people of Norwich. I have shown my dear old Mum this thread (who frankly couldn''t give a monkies, and lives in Wrenningham ) and she mentioned a stange old tramp who mutters to himself about the War and "those across the border" that she feeds soup to on chilly evenings. I can''t help but think that he might post on here. 

I sit amongst 26,000 people at Carrow Road, and consider them as kindred spirits.

My old mum always told me "Do as you would be done by". I always think of her wise words when confronted by ignorance. So when an ignoramus stalks me and uses insults like "total waster" I think of my dear old mum and retort in a good natured jokey way. Another thing my dear old mum taught me was that by not lowering yourself to others poor standards the ignoramuses respond in an even more obnoxious manner than they first did. Having read and enjoyed your posts Beardo I think you have a wise old mum like I had. Perhaps she was the only one in the village...

That''s abolutely brilliant Nutty Nigel. I dont live in a village but I sort of get the sentiment. And I''m grateful for your moral standing about...well what ever it is that you have got the hump about. The comments on this message board are clearly important to you . And God Bless you for it.

The only point is, and forgive me for making it, but no poster has actually answered the question? So the best thing , in my humble opinion, is that if you dont have any answer, leave it to someone who does.  

PS I''m not repsonding to anything other than an asnwer to the thread, Mrs Beard has mixed me a Gin and Tonic. It''s a bit feminine but I''ll take it....

Rivvo. For goodness sake. A sensible answer AND a photo of MP in THAT Admiral Shirt, and I could be yours for the evening !!! I''ve got one of those shirts in my draw which is sadly, ahem, a little too tight these days [:)]

Top Man. Many thanks .  

Honesty''s important to me Beardo. The board is just for fun. However the two are not mutually exclusive. If I was lucky enough to go and see my dear old mum today the last thing I''d want to talk to her about would be a post from here.

Another thing my Mum told me was that the only time she ever enjoyed ironing was the day she accidentally put gin in the steam iron......

Apart from what looks like a bit of lazy journalism suggesting we could be in for Whelan at Skote there isn''t much.
Alan Hutton was mentioned a while back, around the same time as Zaha on loan.
Unfortunately it feels like the only transfer news surrounding us is possible outs (however un realistic they may be).
Pilkington to Swansea
Redmond to Swansea
Snodgrass to Celtic
Hoolahan to Aston Villa
It''s all a bit dull to be honest.

Graham Paddon''s Beard

Rivvo. For goodness sake. A sensible answer AND a photo of MP in THAT Admiral Shirt, and I could be yours for the evening !!! I''ve got one of those shirts in my draw which is sadly, ahem, a little too tight these days

Top Man. Many thanks .  

Haha, I got one of those kits when I was a ball boy at Carrow Road in the late 70''s early 80''s, to be honest it was a bit snug for me even then!

Ps if anyone can remember who the wolves manager was in that season I would like to know, think it was about 1979/1980, in the fifth? round of the league cup and we lost (5-3 sticks in my mind but that might have been aggregate) they had Emlyn Hughes playing for them who seemed like a nice chap and Willie Carr who was a beast. I only ask as the Manager had a go at me to move waway from the centre line so he could see the kick off! Cheers.

Remember that game. Think it was FA Cup though. Andy Gray played for Wolves. Sure can''t remember their manager. They seemed to have one every week after Bill McGarry. Maybe Sammy Chung?

Yep Andy Gray was playing, I got his autograph.

I checked wiki and it said John Barnwell, I always thought it was someone more well known than that, oh well.