Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

I'm fed.

I don''t think LDC will be flouncing off any time soon. He may well be fed up with many, many things. But he is addicted to attention seeking - it''s like crack to him.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="City1st"]
so farewell then LDC (the confused man''s wiz)
ps don''t let the door hit your ar  se on the way out
[/quote]

Don''t count your chickens yet, City 1st........... 

You think you''re right about everything, but how little you know.........

[/quote]

Are you going or staying then Lakey?

Personally I pray you''ll do your usual bleating ''I''m off'' routine, we enjoy a good laugh at you on here.

[quote user="Simple Jack"]I don''t think LDC will be flouncing off any time soon. He may well be fed up with many, many things. But he is addicted to attention seeking - it''s like crack to him.[/quote]

Whatever. 

Its simple.   We have a fantastic football club in a fantastic city.  We have a message board that is a great place to talk about the club and some great people on it.  Then you have a few parochial wannabe spokesmen who think they are the only one''s who matter, who shout down anyone who has a slightly different view of things.   Its difficult to argue with people who twist your words and who try any underhand method to try and discredit you.  They can''t stand being contradicted or feeling like they are losing an argument, so they try anything from abuse to lying in order to undermine you. 

I don''t care what some of the City 1sts and Simple Mungos of this world say or think of me - because they are more interested in their own view of things than trying to see that a wider view is sometimes possible.   I get too close to the truth about them sometimes - and they know it - and they don''t like it.  But stuff it.  If you write on a message board you have to be prepared for people to disagree with you or find you out.   Some people respond to me with argument - which I respect.  Some respond with abuse or double-talk because they have no counter argument that holds water - but they still want to shut you up (ears burning City 1st?).  Everything we write shows us for what we are - you might try and disguise it, but you can''t hide it.

If I write anything that you agree with - that''s great. If you disagree but have an argument that''s great too.But if  I just annoy you.........tough.  

Blimey, Lakey, my prediction of a two day sabattical for you at 09h38 this morning was way out. I was completely wrong. But, you''ll notice, when I am proved wrong I fess up, unlike a select number of people on here.I agree with you wholeheartedy about people being ''found out''. In a thread earlier this week one of the usual suspects stated in his usual pompous way that he ''has a problem with Reggie, City First (and presumably one or two un-named others) ''. What you said was quite correct re this. Usually people like this individual have ''a problem'' with people who know they''ve seen through all their bluster and inventions. It reminds me of Robert Maxwell in the 80''s and early 90''s. He used to rage against and threaten court action on, anyone who, in his heart of hearts, he knew had seen through his cheating, thieving and lies. Anyone else, he blithely dismissed as irrelevant. So,  whilst I cannot speak for City First, I actually take it as quite a compliment.Your penultimate point is quite a fair one too. In the end , it''s futile to try to cover stuff up on forums like this, because people will see through the lies. So, I respect you for your habit of saying like it is in your view. Usually, I don''t happen to agree with it, but at least you tend to be straight about stuff without having to resort to puerile insults and name-calling.

.....thats interesting from JC....perhaps LDC is a poor mans Jimbo_Canary?

But seriously, LDC I agree about the negativity on this board, it is at times beyond belief and hard to comprehend when taking the bigger picture in to account....but dont let it drive you away, some of the criticism of your posts has been way over the top and from some who should know better and need to look at themselves......at the end of the day,this board needs all opinions and types of posters and misses even Wiz....that is if he has really gone?   

With all due respect many posts from all sides have been overly critical (including some of mine).

To find the ''negativity'' beyond belief is to me beyond belief!

All you are seeing is how deeply posters care about their club.

It isn''t negative but a deep feeling that things are not right and they want it to change.

others like yourself disagree.

that is what creates debate, but to incite ridicule with a self righteous post declaring balanced opinion, then cry foul when criticism comes back is a bit lame.

Why keep doing it?

[quote user="snake-eyes"]With all due respect many posts from all sides have been overly critical (including some of mine).

It isn''t negative but a deep feeling that things are not right and they want it to change.

that is what creates debate, but to incite ridicule with a self righteous post declaring balanced opinion, then cry foul when criticism comes back is a bit lame.

Why keep doing it?[/quote]Pretty much my feelings that I stated in another thread earlier today.The ''no change'' group have developed this knee-jerk reaction to any post that is critical of Hughton or the club, by automatically describing it as ''negative''. A very high percentage of the kind of posts they describe are well thought out and usually contain some sort of suggestion as to how things could be improved, ie constructive criticism . No-one from that group has ever adequately explained how that can be construed as ''negative''.To take this a stage further....in fact it would actually be fairer to say that the ''no change group'' are the negative ones. Often the basic tenet of their postings is "we know things aren''t going very well, but lets just wait and see if things improve". ie do nothing . Not exactly a very positive policy is it ?

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"]Often the basic tenet of their postings is "we know things aren''t going very well, but lets just wait and see if things improve". ie do nothing . Not exactly a very positive policy is it ?[/quote]And what exactly are the nancy''s doing apart from moaning on here?

[quote user="snake-eyes"]With all due respect many posts from all sides have been overly critical (including some of mine).

Why keep doing it?[/quote]

Some "deep feelings that things aren''t right" on show, are not based on football or the well being of the club. They are based on people not getting what they expect - which is slightly different.   Expectations rather than reality rule the roost.  No patience shown, no understanding of the difficulties the manager and players have faced, injuries, the quality of the opposition, the long term view as to what we are aiming at.  No recognition of the good things that have happened during a season.  No allowance for anything.  Its a bit like wanting instant gratification.  "I want it and I want it now" kind of thing. 

Also it is clear that some posters - not all - but some - are more interested in their persona on here or their perceived status as a fan.   I have no status on here nor want one - and  I will attack anyone -  positive or negative posters alike - if I think they are showing signs of being more interested in themselves than the club.  Thats how I view some of the Hughton out brigade - not all - but some of them.   If you try to argue with some of them - City 1st for example - all you get is ramblings and accusations of trolling - and nothing approaching discussion.  

I don''t care if I annoy people.  I don''t care if you think I post too much.  I don''t care if you think I''m a total idiot. I don''t care if you find this cringeworthy.   I''ll appear on this board wherever and whenever I like to talk about the football club - and challenge people who look as if they are more intent on boosting their ego or status than interested in the well being of our club. 

So its two things. If you talk about football and are willing to see both sides of an argument, you''ll have no problem from me.  If you think this board is just a bit of fun or think others are there to be ridiculed and  treated with no respect - you''ll get plenty back from me.  I''ve been following the club too long to treat it lightly and this board is a lifeline to ex-pats to keep in touch with their home city, so treat it badly and I''ll be hovering around.  If that means I take more and more flack - so be it.   I don''t care.  Its worth it because the football club is what matters to me, not tin pot message board egos.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="snake-eyes"]With all due respect many posts from all sides have been overly critical (including some of mine).

Why keep doing it?[/quote]

Some "deep feelings that things aren''t right" on show, are not based on football or the well being of the club. They are based on people not getting what they expect - which is slightly different.   Expectations rather than reality rule the roost.  No patience shown, no understanding of the difficulties the manager and players have faced, injuries, the quality of the opposition, the long term view as to what we are aiming at.  No recognition of the good things that have happened during a season.  No allowance for anything.  Its a bit like wanting instant gratification.  "I want it and I want it now" kind of thing. 

Also it is clear that some posters - not all - but some - are more interested in their persona on here or their perceived status as a fan.   I have no status on here nor want one - and  I will attack anyone -  positive or negative posters alike - if I think they are showing signs of being more interested in themselves than the club.  Thats how I view some of the Hughton out brigade - not all - but some of them.   If you try to argue with some of them - City 1st for example - all you get is ramblings and accusations of trolling - and nothing approaching discussion.  

I don''t care if I annoy people.  I don''t care if you think I post too much.  I don''t care if you think I''m a total idiot. I don''t care if you find this cringeworthy.   I''ll appear on this board wherever and whenever I like to talk about the football club - and challenge people who look as if they are more intent on boosting their ego or status than interested in the well being of our club. 

So its two things. If you talk about football and are willing to see both sides of an argument, you''ll have no problem from me.  If you think this board is just a bit of fun or think others are there to be ridiculed and  treated with no respect - you''ll get plenty back from me.  I''ve been following the club too long to treat it lightly and this board is a lifeline to ex-pats to keep in touch with their home city, so treat it badly and I''ll be hovering around.  If that means I take more and more flack - so be it.   I don''t care.  Its worth it because the football club is what matters to me, not tin pot message board egos.

[/quote][img]http://s3.amazonaws.com/rapgenius/filepicker%2FfzUHMPVoSMmUSmQA2Qly_rambo.jpg[/img]

Jesus Christ Lakey if ever I saw an attention seeking thread this is it. You were fed up with everything to do with this forum and were flouncing off last night but oh no you just cannot help yourself can you ?

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Jesus Christ Lakey if ever I saw an attention seeking thread this is it. You were fed up with everything to do with this forum and were flouncing off last night but oh no you just cannot help yourself can you ?[/quote]

And if you just ''don''t care'' Mr Lakey why keep saying so!

[quote user="Jimbo_Canary"]

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Jesus Christ Lakey if ever I saw an attention seeking thread this is it. You were fed up with everything to do with this forum and were flouncing off last night but oh no you just cannot help yourself can you ?[/quote]

And if you just ''don''t care'' Mr Lakey why keep saying so!

[/quote]This post is sponsored by Jim Beam.

Mr Tilson flouncing off is obviously more complicated they we all thought, Lakey likes to have the last word and we all keep replying to his thread and stalling the flounce.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Jesus Christ Lakey if ever I saw an attention seeking thread this is it. You were fed up with everything to do with this forum and were flouncing off last night but oh no you just cannot help yourself can you ?[/quote]Flouncing off?  In your dreams.   I was a bit fed up last night.  I don''t stay fed up long. I go against the tide a lot of the time and it gets to me sometimes that''s all.  

Attention seeking?  Yes, like a lot of people on here.  At least with me wysiwyg, unlike some others I could mention.

I''m so fed up I''m going stop following football anymore.

That reads like a statement to me Lakey but no doubt we read it out of context. Would you kindly keep your reply to less than 500 words.

[quote user="lake district canary"]I don''t care if I annoy people.  I don''t care if you think I post too much.  I don''t care if you think I''m a total idiot. I don''t care if you find this cringeworthy.   I''ll appear on this board wherever and whenever I like to talk about the football club - and challenge people who look as if they are more intent on boosting their ego or status than interested in the well being of our club. 

So its two things. If you talk about football and are willing to see both sides of an argument, you''ll have no problem from me.  If you think this board is just a bit of fun or think others are there to be ridiculed and  treated with no respect - you''ll get plenty back from me.

[/quote]So Lakey, just explain how what you''ve written above squares with all this "I''m fed up...I''m going to take a break...This forum is doing my head in" stuff that you were spouting les than 24 hours ago ?Tilly is right. Unless you have some feasible explanation, anyone is perfectly reasonable if they deduce that this whole thread is purely about attention seeking.

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="lake district canary"]I don''t care if I annoy people.  I don''t care if you think I post too much.  I don''t care if you think I''m a total idiot. I don''t care if you find this cringeworthy.   I''ll appear on this board wherever and whenever I like to talk about the football club - and challenge people who look as if they are more intent on boosting their ego or status than interested in the well being of our club.  So its two things. If you talk about football and are willing to see both sides of an argument, you''ll have no problem from me.  If you think this board is just a bit of fun or think others are there to be ridiculed and  treated with no respect - you''ll get plenty back from me. [/quote]So Lakey, just explain how what you''ve written above squares with all this "I''m fed up...I''m going to take a break...This forum is doing my head in" stuff that you were spouting les than 24 hours ago ?Tilly is right. Unless you have some feasible explanation, anyone is perfectly reasonable if they deduce that this whole thread is purely about attention seeking.[/quote]

Look three or four posts up.  I''ve explained all I''m going to.

[quote user="lake district canary"]  I''ve explained all I''m going to.

[/quote]

If only that were true but let''s face it Lakey you are not a man of your word now are you ?

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="lake district canary"]  I''ve explained all I''m going to.

[/quote]

If only that were true but let''s face it Lakey you are not a man of your word now are you ?

[/quote]

I am assuming you are a man of course Lakey as you would make a marvellous mother in law running on and on and on like you do. [;)]

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="lake district canary"]  I''ve explained all I''m going to.[/quote]If only that were true but let''s face it Lakey you are not a man of your word now are you ?[/quote]

I got a bit fed up with one or two posters last night.   Expressed it on here. Should have kept my mouth shut.  Like I said - WYSIWYG

Haven''t read this whole thread, well mainly because I find this particular poster as dull as muddy ditchwater, so could someone please summarise and confirm whether the aforementioned poster has f'' cked off yet?

Seven Words, Sounds Like The Clash[img]https://www.asme.org/getmedia/5167800c-ddb1-4f5e-babc-9eeaf7551ce7/Should-I-Stay-or-Should-I-Go_hero.jpg.aspx?width=460[/img]