Sign in to follow this  
Branston Pickle

Pink un 'scaremongering'?

I''m getting just a little bit narked at this pink un site presenting the vaguest link/''bid'' for one of our guys as a lead, with its own story, but our own links are then salted away at the end of those ''stories'' and easily missed.. player.

So far we''ve had all the Wes stuff - with justification, but now slightly iffy links to Pilks and Redmond, where there appears to be very little to justify the story (unless there is stuff they aren''t telling us). Meanwhile, there are reports that we have bid £5m+ for a defender but this isn''t reported.

It does seem that there is a certain level of scaremongering/negative reporting going on, as though trying to portray things as being unsettled. Of course, this might be spot on, but there hasn''t been any supporting story to suggest any unrest. I do find it a little odd - has there been some sort of falling out with the club?

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]I''m getting just a little bit narked at this pink un site presenting the vaguest link/''bid'' for one of our guys as a lead, with its own story, but our own links are then salted away at the end of those ''stories'' and easily missed.. player.

So far we''ve had all the Wes stuff - with justification, but now slightly iffy links to Pilks and Redmond, where there appears to be very little to justify the story (unless there is stuff they aren''t telling us). Meanwhile, there are reports that we have bid £5m+ for a defender but this isn''t reported.

It does seem that there is a certain level of scaremongering/negative reporting going on, as though trying to portray things as being unsettled. Of course, this might be spot on, but there hasn''t been any supporting story to suggest any unrest. I do find it a little odd - has there been some sort of falling out with the club?[/quote]

Don''t read it then. Problem solved

The only scaremongering is from the OP by trying to conjure up imaginary bogeyman that don''t exist.

The Pinkun is doing no more than the rest of the media do .............. regurgitate any old imagined sh ite to fill out it''s page (odd how the Snodgrass story has now gone quiet). 

Sadly the witless over excite themselves about such stuff, even when it has been shown that some 17 year old was making it up.

Very constructive. why read this (or reply)!if you are going to be such a muppet.

Point is, had you just got the leads to go on, you would think everyone is being sought/about to leave, but we''re doing sod all in return, whereas both seem unlikely.

Ok city1st, I can see this - but why then present the spurious/rehash as the main story, with something positive (our own links) way down the piece? It makes little sense unless our local media is stirring things.

you call it ''stirring things''

they (and I) call it attracting attention

if it was ''stirring things'' then it would have suggestive comments is suggestions as to why this supposed offer is being made

otherwise BP I would stop trying to read stuff into things that are not there

it is a slow newsday, this attracts attention as it has done with you so best to simp#ly see it as that

I don''t think it''s scaremongering. I guess it must be hard to create new content every day when not much is happening.

Saying that, it is a bit frustrating how many of their ''stories'' come from the message board though. It''s been that way for years.

I don’t know if anyone has noticed, but unless I’m mistaken ALL the reports of transfer speculation on the PinkUn or EDP are second hand.

Can anyone think of a recent exception to this?

So no scaremongering, just recycling of other papers or websites reports which are all in the public domain.

News media are industries that runs on ... news.

So, with no news about, perhaps a little bit of desperation is setting in & any old rumour & speculation gets bunged in as ''news''.

It was probably always the same. But we didn''t have access to the news first hand so when the paper dropped through the letterbox it was the first we''d heard of it.

It just seems odd....my Mrs has worked in the media for years and sadly has little interest in football but agrees there is an odd ''slant'' to the reporting:- by all means write up rumours or regurgitate old ones, but why concentrate on the ''negative'' as the main item? We have been reasonably linked with 3 c/bs without a story leading on them, but there''s one each on Pilks and Redmond....neither of which seem likely to be true (surely).

To be fair to newspapers, they have to rehash others stories and guess because they can no longer tap in to anyones phone to listening in on possible transfers

"We have been reasonably linked with 3 c/bs without a story leading on them, but there''s one each on Pilks and Redmond"

Hasn''t it occurred to you BP that your concerns have achieved exactly what the headlines and story were intended to do

it''s NOT a conspiracy or any other such nonsense, it is about attracting visits/clicks etc