Sign in to follow this  
Captain Obvious

Interesting Newcastle perspective on Hughton

That''s fair enough Wazza and thanks for answering[Y]

But that would mean the sacking of Worthington was proven wrong because of what happened afterwards?

Newcastle fan here...I have family who support Norwich so I''ve always followed your lads sort of a 2nd team, and in recent years you''ve had a few of our ex-players and now of course Hughton.When Hughton was sacked, there was utter outcry in the North East. He was doing a decent job in the Premiership having pulled us out of the fire in the Championship and despite a couple of bad results which saw us drop to about 8th, nobody expected him to go. For him to be replaced by Pardew, just sacked from league one, seemed insane and regardless of how our fortunes have gone since then you can argue Hughton was unfortunate to lose his job.In the Championship we generally played very attacking at home, especially second half of the season. Away we''d be tight and play for a 1-0 which to be fair we usually got. Once we went up though he persisted with Nolan off Carroll for a little while but then switched to Shola & Carroll which had us beating the scum 5-1 and winning at the Emirates. I thought based on this you''d see two strikers more often but he seems really loathe to take that risk for you. Once he was sacked most of the core of the team were sold, and rumours were abound that Nolan/Barton and friends practically ran the team and that was partially why Hughton was sacked - to take control back.A big criticism of CH was that he often waited too long to make a sub and change things up, something which doesn''t seem to have changed particularly. He''s still relatively inexperienced for a Premier League manager, and for all of Pardew''s faults he is far more capable and experienced than Hughton - a steadier hand, if you will.So, Hughton is a really good guy who will always get a good reception up in Newcastle, but he''s not going to take you anywhere. If you stay up, you''d be wise to get somebody more savvy, although who that is I don''t know

[quote user="davetin"]So, Hughton is a really good guy who will always get a good reception up in Newcastle, but he''s not going to take you anywhere. If you stay up, you''d be wise to get somebody more savvy, although who that is I don''t know[/quote]
As you say he''s a young manager, inexperienced. No he''s not going to really take us anywhere soon, but will anyone else? I doubt it.
I think he''s certainly one for the future, as are Norwich hopefully.

[quote user="davetin"]He''s older than Pardew...[/quote]
So?
He''s been managing a lot less longer, Pardew started in 1999 and Hughton 2009 and it''s not just Hughton that need to mature, Norwich as a club is a relatively inexperienced club in the top flight.

[quote user="Ginja"][quote user="davetin"]So, Hughton is a really good guy who will always get a good reception up in Newcastle, but he''s not going to take you anywhere. If you stay up, you''d be wise to get somebody more savvy, although who that is I don''t know[/quote]
As you say he''s a young manager, inexperienced. No he''s not going to really take us anywhere soon, but will anyone else? I doubt it.
I think he''s certainly one for the future, as are Norwich hopefully.
[/quote]No. He has managed clubs in the top two divisons a total of 220 matches. That is not inexperienced. Almost certainly what you see now is what you will continue to get.

I think in any other management job that would be considered relatively inexperienced and just starting to get to grips with the job so don''t see why football would be any different. Change is the key theme for professional coach so I''m sure CH as a professional coach knows that

[quote user="CambridgeCanary"]If you look at the strengths ratings on dectech.co.uk based on the Castrol and University of Warwick systems, with several seasons analysis of every tackle, pass sot and save you will see that we are ranked 20th.

[/quote]I am not surprised, we have had to put up with some pretty dismal uninspiring unambitious stuff these last two years.rated worse than Crystal Palace, a squad of man for man weaker players, my word.

[quote user="CambridgeCanary"]In many respects, we are still a work in progress.[/quote]I disagree, two seasons is more than enough for a manager to stamp his style on the side. There is no such thing as a work in progress, by the time you find some decent players they are being poached from you.

[quote user="Ginja"][quote user="davetin"]He''s older than Pardew...[/quote]
So?
He''s been managing a lot less longer, Pardew started in 1999 and Hughton 2009 and it''s not just Hughton that need to mature, Norwich as a club is a relatively inexperienced club in the top flight.
[/quote]

He''s been coaching a long time but been a manager a relatively short span of time. I love what he did for us but got slowly more out of his depth. He''s spent on a couple of players like RVW but it hasn''t really worked out. Lambert did better with a worse squad, arguably. I wish Hughton all the luck in the world (and Norwich after Tuesday!) but you will tread water at best I fear.

Also I have no clue why you''ve taken Jonas, his legs are long gone

"In many respects, we are still a work in progress"

as opposed to all the other teams who are fully formed and completed

work in progress is no more than meaningless gibberish

My Newcastle season ticket friend says a lot what you would expect at his time on Tyneside.

''Nice bloke''

''Somewhat harshly sacked''

''Over cautious at times, especially away from home''

''Has a system and sticks to it - No Plan B''

''His ambitions were more modest compared to the club''

The last comment is the main reason why he got sacked if I recall. Newcastle''s ambitions may be too high in all honesty, but rather that than little club syndrome. We''re not a bigger club than Newcastle or Villa etc., but that doesn''t mean we can''t do better than them.

Knowing your place is the Premier League is a load of balls. The overall quality of the League is deteriorating year on year and its hype deflects reality.

Hughton is very much a 17 in a game of Pontoon and that isn''t enough for me and shouldn''t be enough for NCFC either.

And by the way, my mate says he wouldn''t want him back - Nice guy that he supposedly is.

What I tend to find is that fans of other clubs feel we (norwich fans\all of us) should just be grateful

We''re in the premier league and put up with any old 5hit!! If their strike force had managed 6 in 30 games they would soon be blaming pardew. Why should they care aswell they have no vested interest in us.