Sign in to follow this  
The Great Mass Debater

Negativity on the forum

I''m glad that you guys over the pond understand wtf he''s babbling on about.Because I''m sure I haven''t.What bits of  the argument in this verbose offering that  I can decipher have more holes than a Swiss Cheese. for example the accuracy -challenged mathematics that someone else has already pointed out.The bit that I especially love is this ''This board has a lot of negativity'' claim. A classic tale of some home-spun theory presented as fact.But I''ll concede one thing; if you determine Lakey''s level of positivity by sheer word count, then he''s certainly a positive guy !

[quote user="Buh"]Search "negative people" on google

First hit, "7 simple tips to deal with negative people"

Tip 7 is "drop them from your life"

Take note, most people will eventually do this. In the mean time they are humouring you.[/quote] Yes. That would mean dropping most of the people on this board.   @Reggie What our American friends have done Reggie is to misconstrue the meaning of my post.  Something that happens a lot on here.  0 is an even number therefore is a "non-doing" number therefore has negative influence in mathematics.  Hence adding an even to an even always ends in an even number.  That is the negative effect of even numbers.  You fell into the trap again of going along with someone''s view because it seemed the popular thing to do, rather than try and work it out for yourself. 

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]Lakey, I think you''ve just about got it right.....you''re unable to

come up with anything new that''s positive unless you dedicate your input

to reacting to those you consider negative. [/quote]Yes. Eureka.  You''ve finally said something sensible that I can agree with.    I came on this board to counter the overtly negative nature of most of its posters - who are not representative of the the fanbase, as much as some would like people to believe.  Its about addressing that and trying to get across a more balanced picture of things to do with our club - not about me having anything startlingly new or different to say. 

[quote user="lake district canary"]@Reggie What our American friends have done Reggie is to misconstrue the meaning of my post.  Something that happens a lot on here.  0 is an even number therefore is a "non-doing" number therefore has negative influence in mathematics.  Hence adding an even to an even always ends in an even number.  That is the negative effect of even numbers.  You fell into the trap again of going along with someone''s view because it seemed the popular thing to do, rather than try and work it out for yourself. 

[/quote]And you have fallen into your usual trap of making (incorrect) assumptions, Lakey.Of course I know that, mathematically speaking 0 is considered an even number. It''s the rest of your mathematical pronouncements that are a bit off key .And, my overall point is that I cannot really see where maths comes into this at all. As I''ve said to Ricardo in the past ,this forum is about supporting a football club. That is not a science. Certainly not an exact one. It''s about emotions, opinions, off the cuff remarks and , yes, gut feelings. So, if you try and explain it by using maths (particularly with, at best, GCSE standard maths) you are going to be on a VERY stick wicket.

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="lake district canary"]@Reggie What our American friends have done Reggie is to misconstrue the meaning of my post.  Something that happens a lot on here.  0 is an even number therefore is a "non-doing" number therefore has negative influence in mathematics.  Hence adding an even to an even always ends in an even number.  That is the negative effect of even numbers.  You fell into the trap again of going along with someone''s view because it seemed the popular thing to do, rather than try and work it out for yourself.  [/quote]And you have fallen into your usual trap of making (incorrect) assumptions, Lakey.Of course I know that, mathematically speaking 0 is considered an even number. It''s the rest of your mathematical pronouncements that are a bit off key .And, my overall point is that I cannot really see where maths comes into this at all. As I''ve said to Ricardo in the past ,this forum is about supporting a football club. That is not a science. Certainly not an exact one. It''s about emotions, opinions, off the cuff remarks and , yes, gut feelings. So, if you try and explain it by using maths (particularly with, at best, GCSE standard maths) you are going to be on a VERY stick wicket.[/quote]

You can''t have it both ways Reggie.  Why did you put - "for example the accuracy-challenged mathematics that someone else has already pointed out" ? I was either correct in my maths or I wasn''t.  You go along with someone else''s point, but then when I corrected their point on it, you say you knew it all along!!  Like I say - both ways. 

As to what I was babbling on in my long post - it is about negativity - which also happens to be the subject of the thread.  The title of the thread wasn''t "lets rubbish a post because I don''t understand it", was it?

[quote user="lake district canary"]

It is incumbent of every supporter to try and be as positive as possible in their support.

[/quote]No it isn''t.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="lake district canary"]@Reggie What our American friends have done Reggie is to misconstrue the meaning of my post.  Something that happens a lot on here.  0 is an even number therefore is a "non-doing" number therefore has negative influence in mathematics.  Hence adding an even to an even always ends in an even number.  That is the negative effect of even numbers.  You fell into the trap again of going along with someone''s view because it seemed the popular thing to do, rather than try and work it out for yourself.  [/quote]And you have fallen into your usual trap of making (incorrect) assumptions, Lakey.Of course I know that, mathematically speaking 0 is considered an even number. It''s the rest of your mathematical pronouncements that are a bit off key .And, my overall point is that I cannot really see where maths comes into this at all. As I''ve said to Ricardo in the past ,this forum is about supporting a football club. That is not a science. Certainly not an exact one. It''s about emotions, opinions, off the cuff remarks and , yes, gut feelings. So, if you try and explain it by using maths (particularly with, at best, GCSE standard maths) you are going to be on a VERY stick wicket.[/quote]

You can''t have it both ways Reggie.  Why did you put - "for example the accuracy-challenged mathematics that someone else has already pointed out" ? I was either correct in my maths or I wasn''t.  You go along with someone else''s point, but then when I corrected their point on it, you say you knew it all along!!  Like I say - both ways. 

As to what I was babbling on in my long post - it is about negativity - which also happens to be the subject of the thread.  The title of the thread wasn''t "lets rubbish a post because I don''t understand it", was it?

[/quote]That really does take the biscuit, Lakey. You seem to be implying that you chose the subject matter of this thread. Well, the last time I looked it was GMD who initiated it ! You know as well as I do that it  was a discussion as to whether the people with negative view about Norwich City outweigh those with a positive outlook for the near future. Nothing at all to do with any half- baked mathematical theories/calculations.As for your other point... well what do you mean ''having it both ways'' ? I still maintain that trying to use the "even" nature of zero in attempting to explain the lack of procreativity of gays and lesbians is mathematically challenged. It''s FAR more involved than that, with biological stuff like gametes, chromosomes etc to the fore. It was not a case of either the Americans following me or vv. We were both , independently pointing out the shortcomings of your hypothesis.And finally, I noice that you''ve chosen to ignore my point that supporting a football club has absolutely NOTHING to do with maths :!

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="lake district canary"]It is incumbent of every supporter to try and be as positive as possible in their support.[/quote]No it isn''t.[/quote]Yes it is.  Otherwise what on earth is the point in being a supporter?

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="lake district canary"]It is incumbent of every supporter to try and be as positive as possible in their support.[/quote]No it isn''t.[/quote]Yes it is.  Otherwise what on earth is the point in being a supporter?

[/quote]I am not a supporter. I am a follower. And even if I was a supporter what you advocate is effectively blind support. My club right or wrong. And since clubs, including Norwich City, are often in the wrong they need followers and supporters open-minded enough to say so.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="lake district canary"]It is incumbent of every supporter to try and be as positive as possible in their support.[/quote]No it isn''t.[/quote]Yes it is.  Otherwise what on earth is the point in being a supporter?

[/quote]So what you are effectively saying , Lakey, is that it''s the duty of every supporter to positively agree with everything the club/management/team does. In other words be unquestioning in your support.Last week I was taken to task by one of your ''no change'' chums, in that I''d said that there are a number of posters on here who are of the opinion that no-one should be questioned and we should positively go along with everything those in authority say. He clearly disagreed. Well, to whoever it was that disagreed, Lakey''s comment above is as clear an example of that trait as you''re ever likely to find.

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="lake district canary"]It is incumbent of every supporter to try and be as positive as possible in their support.[/quote]No it isn''t.[/quote]Yes it is.  Otherwise what on earth is the point in being a supporter?[/quote]So what you are effectively saying , Lakey, is that it''s the duty of every supporter to positively agree with everything the club/management/team does. In other words be unquestioning in your support.Last week I was taken to task by one of your ''no change'' chums, in that I''d said that there are a number of posters on here who are of the opinion that no-one should be questioned and we should positively go along with everything those in authority say. He clearly disagreed. Well, to whoever it was that disagreed, Lakey''s comment above is as clear an example of that trait as you''re ever likely to find.[/quote]

Well surprise, surprise, people reading a post and putting their own meanings to them.  I understand why Nutty gets so exasperated with you Reggie.  You are like a wriggling eel on the end of a fishing line.  Someone makes a point to you, questioning  something you said - and you come back ignoring that and starting something else up, often equally questionable. 

Now this last point to you and purple  - I said you have to be as "positive as possible" in your support.  Not you have to be "positive all the time, at the expense of anything else".  Being as positive as possible means just that - there are always times in any situation where you have to question things, but the underlying support should be positive - like I said what is the point in being otherwise?

Questioning is fine, as long as you realise there is a whole industry built around fans that take their opinions too seriously.

Phone ins, radio, sky sports news, it''s all there to fleece the higher end of the "game of opinions"(gets me every time when someone says that!) "follower"

It''s all based around feeling superior. Ranging from the "true" fans that support no matter what to the "true" fans that want ambitious change and believe they know the only way to do things.

Now this last point to you and purple  - I said you have to be as "positive as possible" in your support.  Not you have to be "positive all the time, at the expense of anything else".  Being as positive as possible means just that - there are always times in any situation where you have to question things, but the underlying support should be positive - like I said what is the point in being otherwise?

[/quote]In that case you should have qualified it. Instead there was this blanket command. BE POSITIVE. No matter what. Anyway, ldc, have a nice day. And that is a command, not a suggestion.

[quote user="lake district canary"]  Someone makes a point to you, questioning  something you said - and you come back ignoring that and starting something else up, often equally questionable. 

[/quote]Hang on a bit, Lakey. I was YOU who came out with all this ''it''s incumbent on fans to be as positive as possible'' stuff. Not me, so, I dispute that I ''started something else up ''! All seems a little vague to me, when worded like that.But I''m glad to see that you are already back-pedalling on your initial pronouncements. If anyone is wriggling on the line , it''s you and others with your agenda.As for NN getting ''exasperated''...well, as I said yesterday, he only gets exasperated with those people he knows have seen through the weaknessess of his theories, and expose them as such. And, sorry, but I have to say that there is a distinct element of that creeping into your good self too, Lakey.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="lake district canary"]Now this last point to you and purple  - I said you have to be as "positive as possible" in your support.  Not you have to be "positive all the time, at the expense of anything else".  Being as positive as possible means just that - there are always times in any situation where you have to question things, but the underlying support should be positive - like I said what is the point in being otherwise? [/quote]In that case you should have qualified it. Instead there was this blanket command. BE POSITIVE. No matter what. Anyway, ldc, have a nice day. And that is a command, not a suggestion.[/quote]I thought I did qualify it in my orignal statement which said  "as positive as possible".  Never mind.  Same to you, by the way - have as nice a day as possible!  [;)]

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="lake district canary"]Now this last point to you and purple  - I said you have to be as "positive as possible" in your support.  Not you have to be "positive all the time, at the expense of anything else".  Being as positive as possible means just that - there are always times in any situation where you have to question things, but the underlying support should be positive - like I said what is the point in being otherwise? [/quote]In that case you should have qualified it. Instead there was this blanket command. BE POSITIVE. No matter what. Anyway, ldc, have a nice day. And that is a command, not a suggestion.[/quote]I thought I did qualify it in my orignal statement which said  "as positive as possible".  Never mind.  Same to you, by the way - have as nice a day as possible!  [;)]

[/quote]"As positive as possible" is not a qualification but the opposite - an instruction to be uber-positive. If you had wanted to qualify it you would asked people to be "positive if possible". Even your French teacher will have known how to express that in English.[;)] But keep on having that uber-positive day. I will too.[:D]

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="lake district canary"]
[/quote]
In that case you should have qualified it. Instead there was this blanket command. BE POSITIVE. No matter what. Anyway, ldc, have a nice day. And that is a command, not a suggestion.
[/quote]

I thought I did qualify it in my orignal statement which said  "as positive as possible".  Never mind.  Same to you, by the way - have as nice a day as possible!  [;)]

[/quote]

Mmmm!  I think what he means, Purple, is try not to be a 0.

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="lake district canary"]  Someone makes a point to you, questioning  something you said - and you come back ignoring that and starting something else up, often equally questionable.  [/quote]Hang on a bit, Lakey. I was YOU who came out with all this ''it''s incumbent on fans to be as positive as possible'' stuff. Not me, so, I dispute that I ''started something else up ''! All seems a little vague to me, when worded like that.But I''m glad to see that you are already back-pedalling on your initial pronouncements. If anyone is wriggling on the line , it''s you and others with your agenda.As for NN getting ''exasperated''...well, as I said yesterday, he only gets exasperated with those people he knows have seen through the weaknessess of his theories, and expose them as such. And, sorry, but I have to say that there is a distinct element of that creeping into your good self too, Lakey.[/quote]

You pick and choose what you want to quote to suit you, you don''t answer directly the questions asked, you jump about with your arguments until the person you are arguing with gets bamboozled as to what you are on about. Its a shame - try arguing one thing at a time with people, rather than hiding behind a different argument because your original one has been found out as being wrong!

You pick and choose what you want to quote to suit you, you don''t answer directly the questions asked, you jump about with your arguments until the person you are arguing with gets bamboozled as to what you are on about. Its a shame - try arguing one thing at a time with people, rather than hiding behind a different argument because your original one has been found out as being wrong!

[/quote]Sadly, I think Tilly was right on the other thread. You really ARE losing  the plot, Lakey.Why is it such a shock to you that anyone would want to use quotes that directly back up their point ?  Seems perfectly reasonable. People from such diverse backgrounds as lawyers, research scientists, teachers and politicians do just that !I''ve answered every question you''ve put....the only problem  from your point of view is that you don''t like the answers you receive. You tried the same game with Purple, but he saw through it too.It says a lot about your outlook on this forum that you so often describe, as you have above ,that others'' arguments are "wrong".

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="lake district canary"]You pick and choose what you want to quote to suit you, you don''t answer directly the questions asked, you jump about with your arguments until the person you are arguing with gets bamboozled as to what you are on about. Its a shame - try arguing one thing at a time with people, rather than hiding behind a different argument because your original one has been found out as being wrong![/quote]Sadly, I think Tilly was right on the other thread. You really ARE losing  the plot, Lakey.Why is it such a shock to you that anyone would want to use quotes that directly back up their point ?  Seems perfectly reasonable. People from such diverse backgrounds as lawyers, research scientists, teachers and politicians do just that !I''ve answered every question you''ve put....the only problem  from your point of view is that you don''t like the answers you receive. You tried the same game with Purple, but he saw through it too.It says a lot about your outlook on this forum that you so often describe, as you have above ,that others'' arguments are "wrong".[/quote]Purple saw through it?????????   Saw through what????????  What planet are you on?  I answered Purple and we sorted that out amicably.   I was right  - you are like that eel twisting and writhing on a hook.  You twist everything when it doesn''t go your way.   You quote out of context, you argue about one thing, then in the next post you are arguing about something else!  Sort yourself out, Reg.  I may or may not be losing the plot, but I can make a judgment on that myself.  I said to you the other day that you could decide for yourself whether you are a numpty or not. That wasn''t an insult (which you took it to be) - it was saying to you that you can take responsibility for yourself, as we all should, instead of blaming others.

[quote user="lake district canary"]Purple saw through it?????????   Saw through what????????  What planet are you on?  I answered Purple and we sorted that out amicably.   I was right  - you are like that eel twisting and writhing on a hook.  You twist everything when it doesn''t go your way.   You quote out of context, you argue about one thing, then in the next post you are arguing about something else!  Sort yourself out, Reg.  I may or may not be losing the plot, but I can make a judgment on that myself.  I said to you the other day that you could decide for yourself whether you are a numpty or not. That wasn''t an insult (which you took it to be) - it was saying to you that you can take responsibility for yourself, as we all should, instead of blaming others.

[/quote]I really don''t know where to begin with that lot, Lakey. Between 11h40 and 1h26 Purple made a series of postings where he questioned some of the statements you had made. He saw the holes in your argument. As did I . Perhaps he decided (as maybe I should do) that he had better things to do with his Sunday, and wished you a good day. Amicable? Well, I''d hope so,as I believe we are all basically amicable on here. But , you are right , I could do without your incinuations that I am a ''numpty'' or other such childish insult.I''d be fascinated to know where I''ve quoted ''out of context''. Basically I''ve just followed the agenda of this thread, which, in the main , to be fair, has been set by yourself. No problem with that. all grist to the mill.Lakey, I really do not need your high and mighty commands to ''sort myself out''. I''m not beholden to you or anyone else. So, please, if you wish to keep this civil, don''t try that sort of stuff again. For my part, on reflection, it was perhaps a little insulting to suggest you have ''lost the plot'', so in the spirit of good manners, I unreservedly apologise for that slight.

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="lake district canary"]Purple saw through it?????????   Saw through what????????  What planet are you on?  I answered Purple and we sorted that out amicably.   I was right  - you are like that eel twisting and writhing on a hook.  You twist everything when it doesn''t go your way.   You quote out of context, you argue about one thing, then in the next post you are arguing about something else!  Sort yourself out, Reg.  I may or may not be losing the plot, but I can make a judgment on that myself.  I said to you the other day that you could decide for yourself whether you are a numpty or not. That wasn''t an insult (which you took it to be) - it was saying to you that you can take responsibility for yourself, as we all should, instead of blaming others.[/quote]I really don''t know where to begin with that lot, Lakey. Between 11h40 and 1h26 Purple made a series of postings where he questioned some of the statements you had made. He saw the holes in your argument. As did I . Perhaps he decided (as maybe I should do) that he had better things to do with his Sunday, and wished you a good day. Amicable? Well, I''d hope so,as I believe we are all basically amicable on here. But , you are right , I could do without your incinuations that I am a ''numpty'' or other such childish insult.I''d be fascinated to know where I''ve quoted ''out of context''. Basically I''ve just followed the agenda of this thread, which, in the main , to be fair, has been set by yourself. No problem with that. all grist to the mill. Lakey, I really do not need your high and mighty commands to ''sort myself out''. I''m not beholden to you or anyone else. So, please, if you wish to keep this civil, don''t try that sort of stuff again. For my part, on reflection, it was perhaps a little insulting to suggest you have ''lost the plot'', so in the spirit of good manners, I unreservedly apologise for that slight.[/quote]Your interpretation of what is said is sometimes a bit suspect, Reg.  We all read things differently and mis-understandings occur.  I repeat - the "numpty" thing was not meant as an insult - it was asking you to be self-determining.   We are all beholden on here to read what is said accurately - me included - and we all make mistakes - again - me included.  And we should try to be cohesive in our arguments - again, me included.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="lake district canary"]

Purple saw through it?????????   Saw through what????????  What planet are you on?  I answered Purple and we sorted that out amicably.  
I was right  - you are like that eel twisting and writhing on a hook.  You twist everything when it doesn''t go your way.   You quote out of context, you argue about one thing, then in the next post you are arguing about something else!  Sort yourself out, Reg.  I may or may not be losing the plot, but I can make a judgment on that myself.  I said to you the other day that you could decide for yourself whether you are a numpty or not. That wasn''t an insult (which you took it to be) - it was saying to you that you can take responsibility for yourself, as we all should, instead of blaming others.[/quote]

I really don''t know where to begin with that lot, Lakey. Between 11h40 and 1h26 Purple made a series of postings where he questioned some of the statements you had made. He saw the holes in your argument. As did I . Perhaps he decided (as maybe I should do) that he had better things to do with his Sunday, and wished you a good day. Amicable? Well, I''d hope so,as I believe we are all basically amicable on here. But , you are right , I could do without your incinuations that I am a ''numpty'' or other such childish insult.I''d be fascinated to know where I''ve quoted ''out of context''. Basically I''ve just followed the agenda of this thread, which, in the main , to be fair, has been set by yourself. No problem with that. all grist to the mill. Lakey, I really do not need your high and mighty commands to ''sort myself out''. I''m not beholden to you or anyone else. So, please, if you wish to keep this civil, don''t try that sort of stuff again. For my part, on reflection, it was perhaps a little insulting to suggest you have ''lost the plot'', so in the spirit of good manners, I unreservedly apologise for that slight.
[/quote]

Your interpretation of what is said is sometimes a bit suspect, Reg.  We all read things differently and mis-understandings occur.  I repeat - the "numpty" thing was not meant as an insult - it was asking you to be self-determining.  

We are all beholden on here to read what is said accurately - me included - and we all make mistakes - again - me included.  And we should try to be cohesive in our arguments - again, me included.

[/quote]

Lakey, when you wrote to the club suggesting a redesign for the hotel, you advised the club that this would have next to no cost for NCFC. Was this a mistake or did Mr. McNally agree with you in his response? 

[quote user="lake district canary"]We are all beholden on here to read what is said accurately - me included - and we all make mistakes - again - me included.  And we should try to be cohesive in our arguments - again, me included.

[/quote]Hurrah. On that, at least, we CAN agree.One little suggestion for you ,to add to yours for me. You say that all our arguments should be cohesive. Well,I believe they should be succinct too. I''m afraid that one of the reasons why I(and evidently a few others too) have difficulty in interpreting what you say may well be that we cannot see the wood for the trees. Less verbiage = greater clarity.

I understand why Nutty gets so exasperated with you Reggie.  You are like a

wriggling eel on the end of a fishing line.  Someone makes a point to you,

questioning  something you said - and you come back ignoring that and starting

something else up, often equally questionable. 

[/quote]

Nutty doesn''t get exasperated with Reggie or anyone else Lakey.This forum

is something we choose to do as part of our social lives. If it caused me grief

I''d do something else. I just point out to Reggie when he lies to try and back

up a flimsy argument. Or lies about other posters when he''s losing a flimsy

argument. Of course that colours my opinion of most of his other posts but then

again why wouldn''t it? I''m lucky to have a good memory and I remember what

people have posted before. Sometimes I comment but mostly I just find it

amusing.

As for the negativity on the forum I can''t see where it''s in itself

harmful. But it''s when it spreads to the stadium it can be harmful. But that''s

much more likely to come from opinions in the press rather than a forum which

only a tiny minority of our attending supporters ever look at.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="lake district canary"]I understand why Nutty gets so exasperated with you Reggie.  You are like a

wriggling eel on the end of a fishing line.  Someone makes a point to you,

questioning  something you said - and you come back ignoring that and starting

something else up, often equally questionable. 
[/quote]Nutty doesn''t get exasperated with Reggie or anyone else Lakey.This forum

is something we choose to do as part of our social lives. If it caused me grief

I''d do something else. I just point out to Reggie when he lies to try and back

up a flimsy argument. Or lies about other posters when he''s losing a flimsy

argument. Of course that colours my opinion of most of his other posts but then

again why wouldn''t it? I''m lucky to have a good memory and I remember what

people have posted before. Sometimes I comment but mostly I just find it

amusing.

As for the negativity on the forum I can''t see where it''s in itself

harmful. But it''s when it spreads to the stadium it can be harmful. But that''s

much more likely to come from opinions in the press rather than a forum which

only a tiny minority of our attending supporters ever look at.[/quote]

Apologies Nutty.  I will admit that I  get exasperated though, as although I know I bring on some of the flack myself,  when people don''t have a proper argument back it can get frustrating.  

As for your point on negativity, I think it is harmful anywhere it appears.  On here, it makes it look as if there is more than there really is - and it does get into the stadium - it always has and always will.  As long as people talk to each other, phone, text, email, twitter, message board each other  - then negativity - like rumours - spreads too quickly.  The media imo latch on to that and contribute on a wider scale.  Its invidious.  You put all those things together and bandwagons of all sorts quickly escalate into something more serious and out of proportion. 

On a different note can you tell your friend Yankee that he really needs to move on from the Hotel debate.  I, like most people, moved on from that a long long time ago.

As long as people talk to each other, phone, text, email, twitter, message board each other  - then negativity - like rumours - spreads too quickly.  The media imo latch on to that and contribute on a wider scale.  Its invidious.  You put all those things together and bandwagons of all sorts quickly escalate into something more serious and out of proportion. 

[/quote]Of course what you say, on face value is quite correct, Lakey. But, unless you happen to live in North Korea or similar, you are not going to stop people from indulging in the communication pursuits you speak of.But, I just do not recognise the phenomenon you describe. There has been a concerted campaign on here and other sites for a management change. I''m kind of assuming that this is the sort of ''negativity '' to which you refer. Some of it has been rather vitriolic ( often too much so for my tastes). The press and radio have had their ten-penn''orth too. But, the one clear feature in all of this is how it has NOT spread to the stadium. There has been one banner spotted. There have been some chants critical of Hughton re substitutions. There have been the odd pitchside grumbles at specific players. But that''s about it. No booing, no mass demonstrations, no Hughton Out chants, no organised placard waving. In fact NOTHING.So, if you are , quite reasonably stating that there has been negative ( in your opinion) stuff on here, its ''bandwagon'' which you cite has been notable by its absence. Perhaps the wheels have fallen off. ? Or,just  perhaps, it''s all in your imagination, and doesn''t even exist ?

[quote user="lake district canary"][

On a different note can you tell your friend Yankee that he really needs to move on from the Hotel debate.  I, like most people, moved on from that a long long time ago.

[/quote]

Yes, Lakey, but "most people" did not write the letter to Mr. McNally. You did! Telling everyone on this forum that you were going to do so on one of the longest threads on this forum because you were adamant that improvements could be made in that hotel corner with next to no cost to NCFC and that would address your concern, let me see if I can remember your words correctly....something like, "it''s an eyesore to you every time you are at Carrow Road."

Now, I''m not being obnoxious here, or rude, or suggesting you are telling fibs. No, none of that. I''m simply asking you that when you told readers on the forum that you would keep them informed of your interaction with Mr. McNally that a redesign would have little cost to NCFC did Mr. McNally agree with you? Now, given that you always ( always ) say you are prepared to have a reasonable exchange with anyone who asks reasonable questions related to NCFC, does the question I have asked not seem either related to NCFC or reasonable to you? Particularly given the fact that you injected tremendous wordage into that very long thread making the assertion that you did but failed to bring the matter to a conclusion, like a play with no ending.