Sign in to follow this  
ncfc2012

peter lovenkrands

Exclusive

by Richard Flynn

26th January 2014 9:00pm GMT

ADVERTISEMENT

Norwich City

Norwich City are preparing a move for Birmingham City forward Peter Lovenkrands, Sports Direct News understands.

Canaries manager Chris Hughton, who worked with the Dane at Newcastle United five years ago, is attracted by his versatility, with the 33-year-old equally comfortable on the left flank or as a secondary striker.

Fits the type we are being linked with this window , Newcastle or Birmingham cast offs .We should have just sacked Hughton weeks if not months ago .

Was def an excellent player in his day, and has bags of experience, but is 34 next week so surely his prime was a few seasons ago....that said he was at Newcastle until recently; perhaps he could do a job short term.

So the OP has not been told anything

he has just regurgitated some guff from elsewhere

quelle surprise

I don''t often post on here although I read it most days but this ''news'' was so uninspiring I felt compelled to post. This season has had a lot of ups and downs ( more downs probably but hey we''re Norwich fans nothing new there) but I was really hoping the transfer window would give us all something to get positive about. If the rumors on this one are true I really don''t know what to think, such a contrast to how things felt in the summer and a million miles away from what most fans would state that we need.

probably as true as the stuff about Snodgrass joining Celtic

you need to see this stuff for what it is

ps it''s rumour

I reckon this is someone seeing Hughton bringing in former players in positions we need and found one who can play up front or on the wings.

At least... I hope.

Really?   For me this would be even worse than Villa signing Holt in the desperation stakes.    Not even appearing in the champs, and has has not set that league alight for some time,  his best days are long gone.

I cant envisage a scenario where even as emergency cover he is worth taking on loan;   surely better to play becchio as a striker or either of the murphys as a midfielder.

As I type I think this must simply be wrong,  its not the profile of player we have been signing nor one of a progressive amibitious club that McNally has been developing.

Good to see our scouting network is coming up trumps

This can''t be true, surely not, it must be just paper talk!

I have to say all these links to us are very poor in terms of adding quality to the starting 11. Fingers crossed for a suprise on Friday!

[quote user="AJ"]Good to see our scouting network is coming up trumps[/quote]

To be fair AJ, it''s only a rumour at the moment - but if not, the question would be why another winger? If so,it would suggest we''re about to lose one of our wide players, i see Snodgrass to Celtic as the most likely. If PL was being brought in to play behind one of our strikers, then i''d see that as a replacement for Wes, or perhaps Elmander could be going back Galataseray (not sure what the agreement is with his loan). Either way, if this rumour is true, it sounds like a hasty replacement for an outgoing member of the squad given we''ve just signed Gutierrez (whom i think will do a more than decent job for us).