Sign in to follow this  
norfolkbroadslim

Possibly the reason why Becchio has been left out in the cold!

Heard on the old pigeon post grapevine thingymebob that apparently Becchio is (to put it very mildly) not too good in traynun naeul!

IF that is the case, and if, as has been said, there has not been a bust up, then it would certainly explain why it appears Hughton would rather play anyone other than him and has little if any faith in him.

Personally I would try to offload him this window, even if we could only get 750k - £1m.

I think the most likely reason is he isn''t good enough and it was a stupid panic buy transfer in the first place.

That was the mistake, buying him. Not leaving out of the team like the strange people at Carrow Road who cheated him coming on more then Murphy making his home debut. Or like a guy who sits near me who decided Becchio is our second best striker by far. Somehow. Not sure how anyone who has ever watched a football match can come to that conclusion.

As I said GP, "to put it very mildly" - him not being good enough and what Hughton and the coaches see on the training ground go hand in hand. I wasn''t referring to a lack of effort in training and I could have been a lot harsher with the words I used.

Being able to produce in training and on a match day is a conundrum for a lot of managers, a good example is Wayne Biggins. I knew a few players during Wayne''s time at Norwich and they all told me he was brilliant in training but it rarely happened for him during matches.

Apparently Holt was terrible in training, but it didn''t stop him performing consistently for us when it actually mattered...

It''s more Elmander simply offers more than him as an experience Premier League player and international

Maybe he scores too many goals in training and that doesn''t fit with Hoots defensive ethic(tongue firmly in cheek).

How much of training is taken up ''playing'' so to speak?

I always imagined these as pretty tepid run arounds with the main aim being to have games whilst avoiding harm.

I need enlightenment as to how much such games are a realistic pre-assessment of the player''s performance in the real, although they seem to be.

[quote user="AJ"]It''s more Elmander simply offers more than him as an experience Premier League player and international[/quote]

No it''s not.

RVW is most certainly not a PUP but.........

I don''t think he''s good enough either to be honest. Scored goals in championship but as have Martin, Nugent etc etc. The entire event about him being left out has someone propelled him to being some sort of hero!

Not sure if anybody has seen the warnock comment in his autobiography but he was desperate to get Steve Morison and equally desperate to offload becchio. Apparently he''s awfully lazy and had a bad attitude. Norwich needed a 4th striker and were unwilling to let Steve go unless we had a replacement, therefor we were offered becchio. May be crazy warnock making it up but at the time we equally wanted Morison out, as hughton too said he was a negative influence on the entire team.