Sign in to follow this  
norfolkngood

Maybe a reason why quiet on transfer front ?

I was listening to talksport this morning they had a agent on he made a very good point about players not wanting to sign for teams low in the league due to relegation  clauses

basically saying if they sign in jan window in six months time their wages can drop 50 %

he said due to half the season gone players feel if they did drop down a league they wont risk the wage drop due to other players non performing in the first half of season so many will prefer a loan move to clubs

is this the reson why we are finding it hard to sign players ( non loans )

I agree that this could be a real concern. This may also explain why there are loans in plenty.

There is also the concern of the "buying" club, that they wouldn''t want to part with good money, knowing that if the worst happens and they are relegated they could lose some capital if they have to sell cheaply.

This all seems a prescription for nothing to happen, except yet again an advantage to the big (money) boys.

Well that puts us in the same boat as most premiership clubs then. I think we''ll sneak a loan in before the end of the window, not a great player, but another body to cover.

I would have bid for the ex Binner Wickham , available for around £4million and looks to be off to Forest , been banging them in for Sheff Weds on loan and is still young enough to develop into the player Sunderland thought they were paying £10 million for .