Sign in to follow this  
Alex Moss

If Wes is on his way...

...Then in some ways i hope it''d be concluded by tomorrow night - Hucks and Holt leaving without a proper send off from the supporters was a real shame, and i hope Hoolahan doesn''t suffer the same fate as he deserves his moment after 5 or so brilliant years here. Hopefully this won''t be the case and he''s had a change of heart but from what Hughton said today, although it was non committal either way, that kind of suggested to me that he wasn''t confident of keeping him beyond the end of the week - if he knew he was going nowhere then i''m sure he''d have been quick to reassure the many supporters that want him to stay.

I think he was being non committal because with a few days left there could conceivably be a bigger, more acceptable bid made, In which case he''d probably be sold. Hughton can''t see in to the future so makes no sense for him to tell the fans that wes is staying.

I think Wes knows that there are other premiership teams that would happily take him and give him a pay rise. I''m not sure he''ll be massively unhappy at Norwich, but he''s probably wanting a new deal and some more assurance of game time.

He''s not one that has played at the top level his entire career and so probably isn''t massively rich. I can see why he put his request in to be honest. If anything, we need to tell him we''ll promise him either a new deal in summer or allow him to move then but perhaps he feels Villa and co won''t wait that long.

Norfolk Mustard - If you love someone, set them free. If they come back they''re yours; if they don''t they never were. - Richard Bach

Taxi ! and vomit bag for Norfolk Mustard.