Sign in to follow this  
Rogue Baboon

PSG Agree Cabaye Deal

Sky now reporting PSG & Newcastle have agreed a Cabaye deal - potentially good news for tomorrow night.

We seem to struggle against players who put a foot on the ball & dictate play & i would rather play Newcastle after Cabaye & before a decent replacement is brought in

Agreed. hopefully it doesn''t drag out over the next few days now. Do you think if the deal isn''t completed until deadline day he will still play tomorrow?

Cisse is already definitely out of tomorrows game, and would have to agree with you folks - if a deal is agreed there is no way Cabaye will get to play, maybe a walk on to the pitch at the end to say goodbye to the Newcastle fans. A golden opportunity for us i feel, maybe some luck is shifting our way at last? That''s meant as no disrespect to the Toon, but i think they''d agree that he makes them tick and would be seriously missed against us.

Basically I want to see the best players, so in that respect it will be a real shame not to see Cabaye, but I have to say that his absence definitely makes our job that bit easier!

[quote user="BBC Sport"]
Yohan Cabaye: Newcastle agree transfer fee with Paris St-Germain
Cabaye will fly to Paris for a medical on Tuesday and will not play a part in Newcastle''s Premier League game with Norwich.
[/quote]
This is pretty good news frankly, but we have to be careful, they still have some excellent player and even with this will be a tough match.

"There isn''t much for us to lose really, we might drop one or two places but that''s offset by the profit on Cabaye.

We''ve got no cups, not likely to get Europa and our season pretty much ends after Saturday, There''s no reason to spend."

Newcastle fan posting about the loss of Cabaye on the FootyMad site.

Seems it''s not so bad being in the relegation mix after all as the season doesn''t end quite so early.

The whole club seems more concerned with the Sunderland derby than with the game against us.

Can we sneak another three points because of this distraction?

for 20 Million not sure who else you can get.

He''s been playing amazing recently, glad he won''t be lining up against us although it will probably just mean Ben Arfa will be a focal point again and he is awesome too.

Napoleon Dynamite calls for Pedro but is told he''s not home. "K, bye," he says and hangs up.

Every time I hear that guy''s name, that scene comes to mind. K, bye.

[quote user="Blurboy1980"]*** 80 GAMES ****[/quote]I think you miss the point Blurboy, being a good footballer is not just about scoring goals.

Good news! On our home patch, Newcastle Cabayeless, hopefully now if we can stop Remy we can get something from the game. Those two are why Newcastle are in the top half and away from us 11 stranded clubs.

Tettey back to fitness and Hooper and RVW partnership now very much fully fit for the first time, time for another big result. Hoping Redmond gets some game time tonight, Pilks to start and Redmond on with about half an hour left as Pilks will still be getting up to speed a bit.

[quote user="Blurboy1980"]Scored 17 goals in close to 80* games and that is worth 20 Million. Lordie Mercy. Crazy stuff todays football.[/quote]Sorry, but a 1 in 5 ratio for a midfielder who''s only recently been put in a more forward role is a pretty good return tbh, that means he''s averaging 7-8 goals a season which only a handful of midfielders in this league can consistently beat, indeed this season alone, only Ramsey, Hazard and Yaya have scored more goals - and they''re ALL in much better teams!Let''s also point out that he''s also one of their most creative passers of the ball, weighs in with some assists and also massively helps them defensively in the centre of the park to a better level than someone like Johnson does for us.So he can score, assist, pass, defend and create for his team, and you think £20mil is too much...sorry, but you just don''t have a clue tbh.