Sign in to follow this  
Reggie Strayshun

Next two weeks..HUGE

Now that the enforced free FA Cup weekend is well and truly over, it''s time to return to Prem matters.Over the next 2 weeks we have four games, three of which look to be the sort we should get points from . I know that some will say we should be looking to get something v Man Citeh, but you know what I mean.So what sort of haul are people expecting from these four fixtures, and what sort of points total do people expect us to be on by 10 pm on Feb 11th. ?

It''s a difficult one to judge because our 2 home games are against teams doing well at the moment and it''s our away games that are against poor performers. We are definately capable of picking up 6 points against Cardiff and West Ham. Newcastle should also be 3 points but too but in all honestly I don''t think we will achieve this. 5 points, a win and 2 draws is what I believe we will get out of the next four games. Man City will beat us and I''l be happy if we limit it to 2 goals or less.

I think we need to be hitting at least a point a game and three of the fixtures could be wins.
I''m expecting W1 D1 L2 and I think that''s relatively realistic.

May as well write-off the Man City game.  Newcastle will be tricky too. Will do well to get a point.As for the two away games, it''s here that our long-term fate will be decided.  Hughton will probably go for two draws.Overall, 2-3 points is realistic. 

Must to admit I had a wry smile when I saw the title of this post.  With only 16 games to go, any 4 game set from now on until we reach safety (for practical purposes) is going to be massive.

These are a tricky set I agree.  Newcastle are IMO over-performing for the quality of their squad and getting good consistent results, and Man City seem to have overcome their weakness away from home with wins at Swansea and Newcastle so a neutral would assume they''ll win, but at home we certainly shouldn''t write this one off - last season they had the benefit of at least one big referee decision in their favour when they won.  The away games at Cardiff and WH are ones it is more important to avoid defeat than to win, but I hope Hughton doesn''t just set up the team to sit back.

A win and a couple of draws would be a decent outcome which would keep us over a point per game.  So I''d say 5+ is a good return, 4 is ok, 3 disappointing but not a disaster, less than 3 a definite disappointment.

Because UNLIKE last season they have A LOT to play for still and will put at least 5 past us and as per normal we will be amazingly lucky to get TWO WHOLE GOALS IN ONE GAME. 5-2=3goals that man city will win by. So I''d save the better players for other games

[quote user="Nigels Nuts"]Because UNLIKE last season they have A LOT to play for still and will put at least 5 past us and as per normal we will be amazingly lucky to get TWO WHOLE GOALS IN ONE GAME. 5-2=3goals that man city will win by. So I''d save the better players for other games[/quote]

Nice to see a beaten attitude before the game has even happened.  I hope the players aren''t beaten before they go on the pitch.  And Citeh have a lot to play for?  So do we in case you hadn''t noticed.

Write it off coz they will brush us aside just like they seem to everyone at the minute. Aguero always causes us massive problems, a bit like Suarez. If you honestly think we can get something against them then you are mad. Dont even mention last game of the season, so much has changed, players, tactics, formation, manager, the league table. Have we improved since last season, no.

[quote user="Eadie4England"]Write it off coz they will brush us aside just like they seem to everyone at the minute. Aguero always causes us massive problems, a bit like Suarez. If you honestly think we can get something against them then you are mad. Dont even mention last game of the season, so much has changed, players, tactics, formation, manager, the league table. Have we improved since last season, no.[/quote]Yes, in that case I''m mad.   I was mad putting £10 on us to win against MU last season.  I was mad putting £10 on us to beat Arsenal last season. I was mad when putting  £20  on us to win at MC last season. I was mad putting £10 on us winning at Spurs season before last.  I only bet on those kind of matches people think we are sure to lose because the odds are that much better. And do you know - for all my madness I''m well up on my spend to win ratio. Mad?   Ok, if you say so.

When I bought my Cardiff ticket I was feeling pretty confident. Then they bought half of Norway and Kenwyne Jones. Lets hope they don''t gel. Newcastle looks like a potential shock to me. Man City is a no no. 4 points.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Eadie4England"]Write it off coz they will brush us aside just like they seem to everyone at the minute. Aguero always causes us massive problems, a bit like Suarez. If you honestly think we can get something against them then you are mad. Dont even mention last game of the season, so much has changed, players, tactics, formation, manager, the league table. Have we improved since last season, no.[/quote]Yes, in that case I''m mad.   I was mad putting £10 on us to win against MU last season.  I was mad putting £10 on us to beat Arsenal last season. I was mad when putting  £20  on us to win at MC last season. I was mad putting £10 on us winning at Spurs season before last.  I only bet on those kind of matches people think we are sure to lose because the odds are that much better. And do you know - for all my madness I''m well up on my spend to win ratio. Mad?   Ok, if you say so.

[/quote]

Did you bet on us beating Liverpool, Man City, Man Utd and Spurs this season LDC?

[quote user="lake district canary"][Yes, in that case I''m mad.   I was mad putting £10 on us to win against MU last season.  I was mad putting £10 on us to beat Arsenal last season. I was mad when putting  £20  on us to win at MC last season. I was mad putting £10 on us winning at Spurs season before last.  I only bet on those kind of matches people think we are sure to lose because the odds are that much better. And do you know - for all my madness I''m well up on my spend to win ratio.

[/quote]Lakey, I notice that you are not burdening is with the information abouut the tenners you therefore presumably staked on the games at Spurs, Man City, Liverpool, Arsenal and Man U ( league and in the C1C) this season, then........?!

Of course L.S.D if your so confident go sell your house and bang the money on Norwich to win then go buy 7-10 houses. Simplesss oh no your just simple xxx

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="lake district canary"][Yes, in that case I''m mad.   I was mad putting £10 on us to win against MU last season.  I was mad putting £10 on us to beat Arsenal last season. I was mad when putting  £20  on us to win at MC last season. I was mad putting £10 on us winning at Spurs season before last.  I only bet on those kind of matches people think we are sure to lose because the odds are that much better. And do you know - for all my madness I''m well up on my spend to win ratio. [/quote]Lakey, I notice that you are not burdening is with the information abouut the tenners you therefore presumably staked on the games at Spurs, Man City, Liverpool, Arsenal and Man U ( league and in the C1C) this season, then........?![/quote]Yes. As I said, my spend to bet  ratio is well on the plus side.  Especially when you name the correct first goal scorer as well, which has happened a couple of times.  It pays to be positive!  I won''t expect to win against Citeh, but I won''t expect to lose, either.

Very hard to predict - the one thing that people must give Hughton credit for is that the ''big'' sides rarely get an easy ride at Carrow Rd under him. Chelsea had to get a late quick fire double to beat us, and i thought we played well - 0-0 the previous season. Man Utd - not what they were and we were by far the better side, 1-0 to us last season. Arsenal came away with nothing last season as we worked like dogs, and Man City aswell were given a game for sure. So despite the run in, i''m confident that we''ll spring a ''surprise'' in those last 4 games and it would be foolish and an insult i think to the players to write them off just yet - recent history suggests we may get something out of some of those games. Regarding the next 4 matches, sods law is we''ll beat the Toon, draw with Man City and lose to the 2 that we really don''t want to be giving the points to!

[quote user="lake district canary"]Yes. As I said, my spend to bet  ratio is well on the plus side.  Especially when you name the correct first goal scorer as well, which has happened a couple of times.  It pays to be positive! [/quote]Hmm......what on earth is a ''spend to bet ratio'' ?  I''m more interested in a winnings to money spunked ratio.It pays to be positive? In gambling...??  I don''t know whether you''ve been to Vegas, Lakey, but try telling that to all those bleary eyed people who''ve just maxxed out their credit card on the fruit machines.Mug''s game.

[quote user="Nigels Nuts"]"I''m well up"--lsd WHAT putting ten quid on lolololol "well up'''' indeed 10grand 15grand 20 maybe??? No 100quid lol[/quote]You can "Lololol" all you like.   Two bets naming first goal scorer at £10 - one at 270-1 and 1 at  150-1 helps.  It offsets the ones we lose quite nicely thank you.  Betting is a mugs game and I know a lot of people only bet on favourites.   But sometimes the opposite works too - and can put you in profit.  I''m not recommending it as a strategy overall, but in my limited betting way, it adds a bit of spice to those matches we''re "supposed" to lose - and overall I''m quite happy with Worthy, Lambert and Hughton in that respect with wins over ManU - x2, Spurs x2, Arsenal, ManCity.   Total outlay around £600, net income   around £4800.Still laughing?

I put a 20p ew trixie on three horses in Meydan last week for £1.60 I won 1638. Every month without fail i''ll one or two of my trixie''s come in. So much so I''ve managed to pack in work and make a living from gambling. I agree it''s a mugs game if your Uneducated about the field in which your punting on. Such as first goal scorer and correct goal scorer bets, anyone could score own goal etc etc. Also 1st goal time bets. However an excellent way of boosting odds on favourites is to do a team such as man city to Win Both Halves. Last week they were 1-10 to beat cardif but we''re 9-4 to win both halves :)

Last season Man City had everything to play for when they came to Carrow Road and won by the odd goal in 7. We had our chances to get more than that too. No reason why we can''t have a go again!

I will be happy with 4 + points. Think we need to avoid defeats against Hammers and Cardiff.

The only hope we''re going to have against Man City is if they take us a bit easy as they tend to against other sides on occasions. Anyone realistically expecting anything out of that game though is living on a different planet. Can only see a maximum of three points from these four games though which probably wouldn''t be good or bad.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Pyro Pete"]May as well write-off the Man City game.  [/quote]Why?   [/quote]The Cardiff and West Ham games are where we are more likely to gain

points in these next four games.  Newcastle too, if the team put in a

performance.Would be great to see the players put right this season''s lacklustre performance at the Etihad, and Norwich have certainly given it a good go against Chelsea and Man Utd at Carrow Rd.  However, it''s a tall order against against a team who are scoring for fun, with nine wins and a

draw from their last ten league games.  Maybe if we had played them at

Carrow Rd in the first half of the season when Pellegrini still had

trouble finding away wins. But he seems to have turned that around fairly emphatically.

[quote user="BarclayUpperCut"]Newcastle - 1 point

Cardiff - 3 points

Man City - 0 points

West Ham - 3 points

here''s hoping![/quote]Two away wins on the bounce , thats an awful lot of hoping .I''m hoping for 3 points tomorrow night because i cannot see much coming from the other 3 games.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Nigels Nuts"]"I''m well up"--lsd WHAT putting ten quid on lolololol "well up'''' indeed 10grand 15grand 20 maybe??? No 100quid lol[/quote]You can "Lololol" all you like.   Two bets naming first goal scorer at £10 - one at 270-1 and 1 at  150-1 helps.  It offsets the ones we lose quite nicely thank you.  Betting is a mugs game and I know a lot of people only bet on favourites.   But sometimes the opposite works too - and can put you in profit.  I''m not recommending it as a strategy overall, but in my limited betting way, it adds a bit of spice to those matches we''re "supposed" to lose - and overall I''m quite happy with Worthy, Lambert and Hughton in that respect with wins over ManU - x2, Spurs x2, Arsenal, ManCity.   Total outlay around £600, net income   around £4800.Still laughing?

[/quote]

...and never mentioned any of these wonder bets before, since 2011, no mention of your astounding prowess and skill, ever - apart from now just to try and show off or win an argument. Embarrassing.

[quote user="CanaryOne"][quote user="BarclayUpperCut"]Newcastle - 1 point

Cardiff - 3 points

Man City - 0 points

West Ham - 3 points

here''s hoping![/quote]Two away wins on the bounce , thats an awful lot of hoping .I''m hoping for 3 points tomorrow night because i cannot see much coming from the other 3 games.[/quote]Couldn''t agree more. Even one win on the bounce has been pretty much '' mission impossible '' for us this season.Newcastle are no pushovers so I fancy a draw tomorrow and three points ( max ) from the away games. Man City is always going to be purely a damage limitation exercise.Four points in total.