Sign in to follow this  
NECanary (Trowse Canary?)

Going to my first game tonight...

A few of you will know about my current situation if you have read my thread. Moving to Norwich with wife (a Norwich native) and our daughters. We''ve been down a few days looking at properties and I thought I''d have chance to go to the game tonight too. Brother in law was nice enough to give me his ticket for the night so I literally can''t wait.

Ridiculously excited about seeing my first game at Carrow Road. I know it seems odd that I support a team purely because my wife and her family have been able to bring me into the fold, but it has become a real passion.

To finally attend CR and be a part of that crowd will make me feel far more "official" now!

As long as it doesn''t seem suspicious that there is a guy with a slight geordie twang wearing a Norwich shirt...

Have a fantastic night.

There is always something ''extra'' about night games at Carrow Road, possibly because most of our biggest occasions have taken place at an evening game (e.g. Cup Semis, Bayern etc).

I am not saying you are going to experience those sort of atmospheres, but there is something..........

[quote user="NECanary"]A few of you will know about my current situation if you have read my thread. Moving to Norwich with wife (a Norwich native) and our daughters. We''ve been down a few days looking at properties and I thought I''d have chance to go to the game tonight too. Brother in law was nice enough to give me his ticket for the night so I literally can''t wait.

Ridiculously excited about seeing my first game at Carrow Road. I know it seems odd that I support a team purely because my wife and her family have been able to bring me into the fold, but it has become a real passion.

To finally attend CR and be a part of that crowd will make me feel far more "official" now!

As long as it doesn''t seem suspicious that there is a guy with a slight geordie twang wearing a Norwich shirt...[/quote]

Never mind the twang I have the same minor problem, people tell me my Brummy twang comes out when I''m standing in the Barclay, and I have been a fan since 1964

Hope you enjoy the game, looking forward to a good game tonight! we need fear nobody at home and I expect us to have a go at the Toon!

Will be cold there tonight, the old "long johns" are coming out of the drawer to keep the cockles warm!

Have a great night, do you know where you are sitting, ie which stand I''m sure there are one or two people on here who will welcome you into the fold? If you are in the upper N&P let me know and I''ll get there early and buy you a pint.

(I''m now expecting about 20-30 replies!

Have a great time, it''s been nearly 20 years since my first (stoke at home, we lost 1-0) but it''s something I will never forget. If you don''t already know them, I suggest you look up and learn On the ball city! Drop a post to let us know your thoughts after the game!

Hi Drinkell. I,m driving from west London,with my son coming up from the south coast. Now that must warrant a pint surely?. Say about 7pm.

He''s a lager man,and I like a nice ale. Not my first game admittedly.

Could you please invite Ricardo as well. He does great reports and I reckon he''s probably the most sensible of the regular posters.

So that''s one lager,one nice ale,and one Peroni.

Oh! and a Newcastle brown ale for your new best friend.

Cheers

[quote user="Mind the gap"]Hi Drinkell. I,m driving from west London,with my son coming up from the south coast. Now that must warrant a pint surely?. Say about 7pm. He''s a lager man,and I like a nice ale. Not my first game admittedly. Could you please invite Ricardo as well. He does great reports and I reckon he''s probably the most sensible of the regular posters. So that''s one lager,one nice ale,and one Peroni. Oh! and a Newcastle brown ale for your new best friend. Cheers[/quote]

if you are driving up then of course you wont be drinking the ale, just looking at it whilst you sip your soft drink.. wont you?

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[quote user="Mind the gap"]Hi Drinkell. I,m driving from west London,with my son coming up from the south coast. Now that must warrant a pint surely?. Say about 7pm. He''s a lager man,and I like a nice ale. Not my first game admittedly. Could you please invite Ricardo as well. He does great reports and I reckon he''s probably the most sensible of the regular posters. So that''s one lager,one nice ale,and one Peroni. Oh! and a Newcastle brown ale for your new best friend. Cheers[/quote]

if you are driving up then of course you wont be drinking the ale, just looking at it whilst you sip your soft drink.. wont you?

[/quote]

Allowed one,surely.?.

i''d double check...

a pint of ale will put you on the "legal" limit.. but then there shouldnt be a limit.. it should be as simple as if you have a drink, you dont drive... this is something that strikes a chord with me for various reasons..

plane, bus, train, walking.. knock yourself out! but in the car... do you REALLY need a drink?

Hi, NE.

I hope you''ll (we''ll) enjoy the game. I became a fan for similar reasons as you. back when. (Studied at the UEA in the 90''s where I met my wife who was from Norfolk). Being a "geographically challenged" canary I kind of envy you for being able to attend more than the 2-3 games I can. Anyway, enjoy! OTBC!

Have a great time and if you fancy meeting myself, Nutty,Nigel, Lappinitup,Kathy,or several others The Nelson certainly after the game is where we will be.

This is great....love to see more new supporters with enthusiasm......thing is it will only be a matter of time before you join the Hooooghton out brigade and start blaming him for the traffic problems on the ring road and aircraft noise at Sprowston. Seriously, I miss the live matches so much it hurts at times......have a great evening, Newcastle at home for a night match is a great one to start with!!  OTBC  

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

i''d double check...

a pint of ale will put you on the "legal" limit.. but then there shouldnt be a limit.. it should be as simple as if you have a drink, you dont drive... this is something that strikes a chord with me for various reasons..

plane, bus, train, walking.. knock yourself out! but in the car... do you REALLY need a drink?

[/quote]

Chill out,old chap.

It was meant to be a light hearted remark. Most potent thing I''ll be having tonight will be fish n''chips.

Which are often the highlight of the trip, this season.

Mind the gap what area of the N&P are you in, maybe I can share your chips instead that way you won''t be offending anybody and I can give the good lady wife an evening off from cooking? oh and does Ricardo sit in the upper N&P? I also like his reports and it may explain why I see things like he does a lot of the time.

Have a safe journey.

Hi Drinkell, I''m in block R upper, Think Ricardo has mentioned before that he''s down our end somewhere.

I have my fish n'' chips up top of Carrow hill. Much better than anything in my area of London. And.as I said, often the most exciting part of the trip this season.

Normally have a bevvy or two when on the train for Saturday games. But have to use the old jam jar for evening or Sunday games.

So you are right behind the goal then, we are in block S in row B finally got to the front few rows now Nana is taller than me! - I used to have to stand him on the seat to watch Iwan and the boys celebrate, now he''s more likely to do that to me.

Enjoy the game and please keep the noise down ;-)

Welcome to CR NE Canary. Like you I am a recruit to the cause - moved to norwich 18 years ago and now have a norfolk wife and three norfolk kids!

Really looking forward to tonight - love a night match at any time, and I have a sneaking suspicion we might just nick this one!

Enjoy the match, and let us know your thoughts on huge whole experience. I have never met a friendlier and more accepting group of fans than the NCFC lot (Waveney / Thorpe End Canary excepted)

COYY