Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Match thread

undeserved pointterrible for 80 of the 90 minuteshung on for dear life for the majority of itteam looks like its going backwards

A lucky point that we didn''t deserve.We came into it in the second half, but realistically, it should have been all over by then!

good managment by Hughton to take Hoops off after the red.. Newcastle didnt even get a sniff once Tettey came on.. we could have won if Snodders had been more clinical.

A lucky points is still a point though. Pretty awful performance but desired result achieved.

Important point. After poor first half team did well to rise up.

Also good changes from Hughton. Would have prefered Snoddy out instead of Pilkington, but I understand his choise because of our poor midfield display.

Also changing Tettey was very important. Playing only Fer against Anita, Tiote and Sissoko and we would have gotten ripped in half.

Elmander showed again that 2 pure strikers is wrong way to go and either play him or third midfielder when we get one back in line up again ^^

Can''t blame either Wolf or Hooper. Wolf did defend in our own box at times to get ball back upwards. Almost never see pure strikers do that. Hooper did what he could with the delivery he got, but was drifting a bit out of game.

Passing is again the keyword. Every and each player needs to step up in this department.

Mission achieved!I would imagine Hughtons team talk went something along the lines of:"Right lads despite the fact you are all sh**, just go out there and try your best and hope that Newcastle and their quality players have an off night. Oh and if you happen to get the ball in their half make sure you pass to Snoddy as he is the only one of you that can possibly do anything"Absolute bloody awful!

I said this would be a draw on another thread....but I didn''t think the 1st half would be that shocking!

Reckon we can get a win at Cardiff if we start with the team that finished the game with.

[quote user="Lavanche"]Important point. After poor first half team did well to rise up.

Also good changes from Hughton. Would have prefered Snoddy out instead of Pilkington, but I understand his choise because of our poor midfield display.

Also changing Tettey was very important. Playing only Fer against Anita, Tiote and Sissoko and we would have gotten ripped in half.

Elmander showed again that 2 pure strikers is wrong way to go and either play him or third midfielder when we get one back in line up again ^^

Can''t blame either Wolf or Hooper. Wolf did defend in our own box at times to get ball back upwards. Almost never see pure strikers do that. Hooper did what he could with the delivery he got, but was drifting a bit out of game.

Passing is again the keyword. Every and each player needs to step up in this department.[/quote]If only we had a player who could play behind the striker and midfielders who can keep possession.

Where the F is this creative midfielder that got promissed to RVW ?!?!?!?!

We need to sign someone in Wes'' position but allot better.

[quote user="Carra Rud"]Missed the stream tonight so what did I miss? Oh absolutely fluck all... same 5hit as always HUGHTON OUT the TW@T[/quote]

so we draw 0 0 and you didnt see it so that makes hughton out?

joint 10th now.... Hughton in?

Newcastle would have been disappointed with a point - they should have been more clinical and really seen us off in the first half. So, a lucky point, however - really can''t see us beating many teams till the end of the season and with a really tough run in unless we get some points in the bag we will really need other teams to have imploded or we will be in big trouble....

"If only we had a player who could play behind the striker and midfielders who can keep possession."

Yes, such a shame there''s nobody of that description at the club. I mean, I wouldn''t mind if he was, say, purely left footed, as long as he had the skill & a bit of spark to baffle the opposition .... (sigh)

[quote user="Lavanche"]Important point. After poor first half team did well to rise up.

Passing is again the keyword. Every and each player needs to step up in this department.[/quote]I''m not in a position to assess that, although since Newcastle had lost their main goal threat is a defensive substitution the right way to go, especially since there were only 10 minutes left?The real test is whether, if we are drawing at Cardiff (or possibly at West Ham) with 20 minutes to go, Hughton will then make an attacking substitution, or again settle for a point. Starting with tonight we needed a win from one of these next four games. Given that beating Man City is unlikely, it now comes down to one of the away games. Caution is fine sometimes, provided it is counterbalanced by boldness sometimes.

The statistics (with last season''s in brackets) are:Points per game: 1.043 (1.157).Goals scored per game: 0.78 (1.078).Goals conceded per game: 1.521 (1.526).If continued precisely we woud end up on a (rounded up) 40 points (44 points) with a -28 (-17) goal difference.