Sign in to follow this  
Making Plans

Pilkington

Anybody who says he''s worth more than £3m is having a laugh. Totally useless tonight (not for the first time) & did absolutely nothing the whole time he was on the pitch.

Funny how we all see things. I thought before Redmond he was our best chance to push forward with the ball. Just before he was subbed he was square to goal outside the box, and played a cheeky side footed ball past the 2 players around him, only to look up, be extremely frustrated and disappointed that no one was on the same wavelength to be clever enough to be running in behind.
One of our most creative and clever players, still from the Lambert era. Its his first start in weeks. Lets see what he does to Cardiff shall we!

A fit Pilks is one of our better players and a near certain starter for me every game. Put it this way, I''d have him over Wes any day. You do have to be fair to the lad, he is only just coming back from (another) injury.

I''d rather have both Wes and Pilks, are plenty of players I''d sooner see leave than either of them.

I would be tempted to put him up front with Hooper, as both can ''mix and match'' and will have a go at goal where possible

I would accept that apart from Ruddy none of our other players had much of a game. But to me, Pilks was non-existent and should have been replaced by Redmond at half-time.Redmond was more in the game for his first five minutes than Pilks for the whole of the time he was on the pitch.I realise Pilks has a lot of fans but I fail to understand why.

Le Juge wrote the following post at 2014-01-29 2:17 AM:

Unfair considering its his first game in months.

AND?

Does he not train? Being out injured is no excuse for the performance, or lack of it, that he put in tonight.

[quote user="Le Juge"]Was he really any worse than everybody else in that first half?[/quote]

No. And there were worse than him out there who don''t even have the excuse of being out injured.

Didn''t look close to being match-fit on tonight''s evidence. Did well to last as long as he did, frankly.  Had Gutierrez been eligible he would surely have been used as a sub instead.Pilks can still be a useful player for us. But needs to get his sharpness back.