Sign in to follow this  
skeps

well done hughton

a very smart lower prem team manager, he will keep us up, and before people say we should be a lot higher. no we shouldn''t.

agreed.

it was sense taking hoops off despite what some may think.

Newcastle didn''t create a single chance once Tettey came on, we could have won the game on the other hand!

very poor first half, he obviously had a good half time team talk. A point is not bad. People saying hughton should not have taken hooper off are ret@arded imo.

So yeah, could have nicked it, but they should have won it all in the first half.

We had come into the game a bit more and Redmond caused instant problems for them.

Our most likely goal scorer is then taken off even after just hitting the bar.

I must clearly be retarded to not agree with that negative act.

Good move by Hughton r.e Tettey. Of course we may have won had we have kept a 3 man midfield but i highly doubt it, infact we were better after the substitution. Had we have lost that leaving the 3 in midfield then Hughton would have been slammed for it. So well played Hoots.

Damned if he does, damned if he don''t! ;)

He is not smart, he got it completely wrong and they should have been 3 or 4 up before 60 minutes. He then made like for like subs and responded to their most attacking player being red carded by taking off our only goal threat.

99 times out of 100 newcastle would have beaten us comfortably tonight. we just got very lucky.

Anybody who still wants Hughton at this club should be put in a padded cell imo , we looked like a league 1 side again tonight .

Are you talking about the team sitting 12th in the Premier League who just grabbed a point against a very good side in the Premier League. Give your head a shake

Tables can be misleading , we will hit the bottom 3 before the seasons end , Norwich ,West Ham and Fulham look the 5hite of this league.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]We had come into the game a bit more and Redmond caused instant problems for them.

Our most likely goal scorer is then taken off even after just hitting the bar.

I must clearly be retarded to not agree with that negative act.[/quote]
I felt the exact same way. Take off our leading golascorer, who looked most likely to score all night when it should have been Elmander off for Tettey. Even the commentators picked up on this and criticised CH. He truly is boring and clueless. No imagination.

Is this a fooking joke... For 70mins, We were about as s@&t as it comes tonight...

We were appalling, so lucky not to to have been totally humiliated. But, perversely we could have snatched it, but if you take Hooper off, who is going to score. RVW, was terrible again, just brushed aside by the Newcastle defence.

If it had been Man City tonight it would have been a cricket score!

Late subs when we should have already been out of the game. Like for like subs taking off two of our better players who could make something happen (Pilks & Hooper). Drab football which deservedly was booed off as we looked like a team from a league or 2 below Newcastle, and made it seem we were at their ground.
I think 8 million-pound man had 8 touches in the first half, with no shots on or off target. His team selection is baffling., and he well and truly rode his luck with us getting that point. It looked like a certain 2 or 3-0 defeat to me at half time.
God I hope he leaves at the end of the season regardless of where we end up. Its just f*cking dire.

OP is a joke. Hughton is a scared clueless clown. Newcastle had lost Ben Arfa and Remy, there goal threat had gone, you could see that in the previous 10 mins.

We were at home and we''d had one shot on target the whole game. Tettey for Hooper was pure cowardice from Hughton.

The guys got no balls, no passion. He got scared. He''s scared of the Prem.

Lambert would have gone for it and probably won. Fer is perfectly capable of playing defensive mid.

Tettey for Hooper was laughable.

[quote user="SeattleCanary"]Late subs when we should have already been out of the game. Like for like subs taking off two of our better players who could make something happen (Pilks & Hooper). Drab football which deservedly was booed off as we looked like a team from a league or 2 below Newcastle, and made it seem we were at their ground.
I think 8 million-pound man had 8 touches in the first half, with no shots on or off target. His team selection is baffling., and he well and truly rode his luck with us getting that point. It looked like a certain 2 or 3-0 defeat to me at half time.
God I hope he leaves at the end of the season regardless of where we end up. Its just f*cking dire.
[/quote]But it ended up 0-0 at full time. PARDEW OUT!

How many chances did newcastle create once Tettey came on???

Ahhh yes Lambert again.... let me just check the league table and....ahh...ooookay....

!M.u.s.t.a.r.d_M.a.t.t.e.r.s!-But it ended up 0-0 at full time. PARDEW OUT!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
They hit the woodwork 3 TIMES my friend!! We rode our luck, and you would be naive to think that by sitting back and inviting attack after attack from the opposition with no attacking response of our own, that we deserved that 0-0. Before they lost Ben Arfa and Remy, we wouldn''t have scored if we''d have played until midnight!
Lucky lucky Hughton....

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]How many chances did newcastle create once Ben Arfa got injured, and Remy sent off???

Ahhh yes Lambert again.... let me just check the league table and....ahh...ooookay....[/quote]
Sorry I''ll correct that for you Jas!

[quote user="SeattleCanary"]!M.u.s.t.a.r.d_M.a.t.t.e.r.s!-But it ended up 0-0 at full time. PARDEW OUT!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
They hit the woodwork 3 TIMES my friend!! We rode our luck, and you would be naive to think that by sitting back and inviting attack after attack from the opposition with no attacking response of our own, that we deserved that 0-0. Before they lost Ben Arfa and Remy, we wouldn''t have scored if we''d have played until midnight!
Lucky lucky Hughton....
[/quote]Lucky, yes but not lucky, lucky - or our one off the woodwork would have gone in.

Did the squad actually go to Dubai for a bonding break?.......... [ap] [ip]

.......if they did - and after considering and unfortunately witnessing first-hand tonight''s performance.......are they still there? [:|]

!M.u.s.t.a.r.d_M.a.t.t.e.r.s!Lucky, yes but not lucky, lucky - or our one off the woodwork would have gone in. 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So its still 3-1. I''m failing to see your point that the point we gained we deserved?

A well earned point against a team higher than is in the table in my opinion. Not sure how we kept a clean sheet bit it''s another point on the board

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]agreed.

it was sense taking hoops off despite what some may think.

Newcastle didn''t create a single chance once Tettey came on, we could have won the game on the other hand![/quote]

It was sense?!!?!

Are you for real???

Take your best player off the only one likely to score

For a useless tool with no pace or passing ability. Is completely dumb

Hughton out !!!

[quote user="SeattleCanary"]!M.u.s.t.a.r.d_M.a.t.t.e.r.s!Lucky, yes but not lucky, lucky - or our one off the woodwork would have gone in. 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So its still 3-1. I''m failing to see your point that the point we gained we deserved?
[/quote]I did not say we deserved it. I said we were lucky. The point I was indirectly making was that if we achieve anything at all, then the Manager is invariably judged to have been lucky. I do not buy into that argument because it suggests the Manager has no ability whatsoever - that is more than naive and, in my opinion, preposturous.  For instance, I cannot envisage CH passing the instruction to players at any time to play as though they are "on the beach". When I see the players dripping in sweat at the end of a game having put in their all ( and we have still lost ) then I might start criticising the Manager. Until I see 100% commitment from all players at all times, I don''t blame the manager. Quite a few players of late have come out in support of CH and blame themselves (as a group). Personally, I think our squad is weak compared to most and - to be fair to the players as well - we should be in 15th/16th place.