Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

We support our local team..

[quote user="The ghost of Michael Theoklitos"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="The ghost of Michael Theoklitos"][quote user="Simple Jack"]Just clarify, your local club is the one in City (if you''re lucky ones) where you live. For real fans this will City in you were born. A real fan would never leave Norwich.[/quote]But what if you were born in a whole other country but now live in Norwich? And by in Norwich, I mean in an NR postcode, but not really walking distance to Carrow Road. However, my office is walking distance to Carrow Road, but I only work there sometimes as sometimes I have to travel to whole other countries for work.....Ahh f**k it. Too many rules to keep up with. I think I''ll just settle for the plastic tag, acknowledge that I am in interior fan, and forever regret posting on this thread, therefore giving this troll more attention.Maybe if the OP was more traveled, they''d have got the attention they crave so badly in ways other than being pathetic on an internet forum.[/quote]

Well that''s an interesting point of view being as there''s nothing in your post that''s relevant to the opening post. So I can only assume all that travelling has impacted on your ability to read[8-|]

[/quote] [:$]My apologies good sir.So much gunk on this thread by the simple one, I forgot who the OP was.[/quote]

No worries buddy. At least he kept us amused over a gameless weekend[;)]

What this thread proves is similar to previous threads on this subject that Plastics tend to bury their heads in the sand and refuse to accept their status. There are some great excusses on this thread as to why they are not plastic. Priceless.

[quote user="Thorpe end canary"]What this thread proves is similar to previous threads on this subject that Plastics tend to bury their heads in the sand and refuse to accept their status. There are some great excusses on this thread as to why they are not plastic. Priceless.[/quote]

But Waveney you moron, you are a plastic by your own definition. Your local team is Lowestoft and you don''t support them.

And before you respond with your standard "you''re obsessed with me" crap. I could not be less interested in a pathetic small minded retard like you. I''m just not very fond of bigots, that''s all.

[quote user="Brightside"][quote user="Thorpe end canary"]What this thread proves is similar to previous threads on this subject that Plastics tend to bury their heads in the sand and refuse to accept their status. There are some great excusses on this thread as to why they are not plastic. Priceless.[/quote]

But Waveney you moron, you are a plastic by your own definition. Your local team is Lowestoft and you don''t support them.

And before you respond with your standard "you''re obsessed with me" crap. I could not be less interested in a pathetic small minded retard like you. I''m just not very fond of bigots, that''s all.[/quote]
Don''t feed the troll! It''ll go away soon enough when it gets bored.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="The ghost of Michael Theoklitos"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="The ghost of Michael Theoklitos"][quote user="Simple Jack"]Just clarify, your local club is the one in City (if you''re lucky ones) where you live. For real fans this will City in you were born. A real fan would never leave Norwich.[/quote]But what if you were born in a whole other country but now live in Norwich? And by in Norwich, I mean in an NR postcode, but not really walking distance to Carrow Road. However, my office is walking distance to Carrow Road, but I only work there sometimes as sometimes I have to travel to whole other countries for work.....Ahh f**k it. Too many rules to keep up with. I think I''ll just settle for the plastic tag, acknowledge that I am in interior fan, and forever regret posting on this thread, therefore giving this troll more attention.Maybe if the OP was more traveled, they''d have got the attention they crave so badly in ways other than being pathetic on an internet forum.[/quote]Well that''s an interesting point of view being as there''s nothing in your post that''s relevant to the opening post. So I can only assume all that travelling has impacted on your ability to read[8-|] [/quote][:$]

My apologies good sir.So much gunk on this thread by the simple one, I forgot who the OP was.[/quote]

[/quote]"At least he kept us amused" - is that the royal "us" ??   Amusing to wind up decent supporters from all around the country? Amusing for the "locals" to see how they can make everybody squirm in their justifying their support.Amusing to see how Morty completely fails to get the point - again? "Amused"?That says alot.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="The ghost of Michael Theoklitos"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="The ghost of Michael Theoklitos"][quote user="Simple Jack"]Just clarify, your local club is the one in City (if you''re lucky ones) where you live. For real fans this will City in you were born. A real fan would never leave Norwich.[/quote]But what if you were born in a whole other country but now live in Norwich? And by in Norwich, I mean in an NR postcode, but not really walking distance to Carrow Road. However, my office is walking distance to Carrow Road, but I only work there sometimes as sometimes I have to travel to whole other countries for work.....Ahh f**k it. Too many rules to keep up with. I think I''ll just settle for the plastic tag, acknowledge that I am in interior fan, and forever regret posting on this thread, therefore giving this troll more attention.Maybe if the OP was more traveled, they''d have got the attention they crave so badly in ways other than being pathetic on an internet forum.[/quote]Well that''s an interesting point of view being as there''s nothing in your post that''s relevant to the opening post. So I can only assume all that travelling has impacted on your ability to read[8-|] [/quote][:$]

My apologies good sir.So much gunk on this thread by the simple one, I forgot who the OP was.[/quote]

[/quote]"At least he kept us amused" - is that the royal "us" ??   Amusing to wind up decent supporters from all around the country? Amusing for the "locals" to see how they can make everybody squirm in their justifying their support.Amusing to see how Morty completely fails to get the point - again? "Amused"?That says alot.

[/quote]

Well now there''s a thing. And I thought you chose to ignore my posts which suited me just fine.

I post on this board for interest, enjoyment and entertainment. It''s a leisure activity after all. I take it for you it''s something else?

[quote user="Brightside"][quote user="Thorpe end canary"]What this thread proves is similar to previous threads on this subject that Plastics tend to bury their heads in the sand and refuse to accept their status. There are some great excusses on this thread as to why they are not plastic. Priceless.[/quote]

And before you respond with your standard "you''re obsessed with me" crap. I could not be less interested in a pathetic small minded retard like you. I''m just not very fond of bigots, that''s all.[/quote]

Your obsession with me is getting embarrassing for all concerned! The fact you keep responding to me says you clearly are very very interested in me otherwise you would ignore me. I hope you get the help you deserve from the NHS in the very near future

Isn''t the real issue and the real basis for the chant the reason for the choice of club?

We all know that supporting Norwich is not a glamorous or obvious choice. We all have our reasons for that support and we all want what is best for the club. We are all committed in our own way.

We are football fans and what football fans despise is those who choose their allegiance based on success and glamour because it is the easy lazy choice. It is easy to support Man Utd now as it was easy to support Chelsea five years ago and Liverpool thirty five years ago. It is just tagging on to the successful team without any real affiliation but because they are successful.

I was once told that the best way to wind up a football fan is to say "I used to support Arsenal but they''ve not won anything for several years so I''m thinking of switching to Manchester City".

It works and it works because glory is the outcome of supporting your team and should not be the reason. I wind up man Utd fans by asking why they began their support. It is usually so pathetically superficial that they begin apologising and explaining it away.

I guess the chant is really a riposte against the lazy thinking that permeates so many armchair fans that claim the big clubs. Ironically, the ones in the ground probably are real supporters just like our away fans.

[quote user="Ginja"][quote user="Brightside"][quote user="Thorpe end canary"]What this thread proves is similar to previous threads on this subject that Plastics tend to bury their heads in the sand and refuse to accept their status. There are some great excusses on this thread as to why they are not plastic. Priceless.[/quote]

[/quote]

How are forest doing this season??!!!!!!

[quote user="CambridgeCanary"]Isn''t the real issue and the real basis for the chant the reason for the choice of club?

We all know that supporting Norwich is not a glamorous or obvious choice. We all have our reasons for that support and we all want what is best for the club. We are all committed in our own way.

We are football fans and what football fans despise is those who choose their allegiance based on success and glamour because it is the easy lazy choice. It is easy to support Man Utd now as it was easy to support Chelsea five years ago and Liverpool thirty five years ago. It is just tagging on to the successful team without any real affiliation but because they are successful.

I was once told that the best way to wind up a football fan is to say "I used to support Arsenal but they''ve not won anything for several years so I''m thinking of switching to Manchester City".

It works and it works because glory is the outcome of supporting your team and should not be the reason. I wind up man Utd fans by asking why they began their support. It is usually so pathetically superficial that they begin apologising and explaining it away.

I guess the chant is really a riposte against the lazy thinking that permeates so many armchair fans that claim the big clubs. Ironically, the ones in the ground probably are real supporters just like our away fans.[/quote]

Now that makes perfect sense to me. But a Hartlepool supporter may have the same views about a local who chooses to support us. Success is all relative.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="The ghost of Michael Theoklitos"]

[/quote]"At least he kept us amused" - is that the royal "us" ??   Amusing to wind up decent supporters from all around the country? Amusing for the "locals" to see how they can make everybody squirm in their justifying their support.Amusing to see how Morty completely fails to get the point - again? "Amused"?That says alot.[/quote]

Well now there''s a thing. And I thought you chose to ignore my posts which suited me just fine. I post on this board for interest, enjoyment and entertainment. It''s a leisure activity after all. I take it for you it''s something else?[/quote]

I don''t ignore anyone''s posts.  I find it interesting to see what

all posters write - and most people give things away without realising.I enjoy some aspects of this board - it is a leisure  activity of course, but my main motivation is to put my own views about the club across.  The fact that I get sidetracked into cul-de-sacs by wind up merchants and people who are frankly slightly screwy, is not nice and I don''t on the whole enjoy it.  I don''t like being misquoted or having my words changed - which happens on a frequent basis.   I get fed up - I admitted it last week - maybe shouldn''t have started a thread on it, but there we go. This board should be enjoyable for all fans, but there are some who like to treat it as a bit of a joke.  Fair enough, its a free country, but if your sense of humour involves belittling other fans, then for me that is a stage too far, however "light-hearted" some may think it is.  The constant "locals against plastics"  theme that appears on here imo is humourless and perpetuates a parochial image of the club.  And all it does it gets people''s backs up.   As I say if you find that funny, or don''t understand why people get slightly irritated about it, then that is your problem (Morty).  Humour is a wonderful thing and we see loads of it on here.  We also see some people trying to be funny at other people''s expense. There is very little humour in that and it ruins the board.  You started this thread and it has led to some poor quality trolling and posters who are irritated by the subject.Yes, very amusing.

Does anybody meet Simple Dick''s criteria for qualifying as a "real" fan?I gave up at the "walking test" and the "stout yeoman" stage but I am hoping to lower my "plasticity quotient."  Born and raised in the fine city, I am hoping my great grandmother was born within the city walls. Fingers crossed, Ancestry..com will provised the answer. In the meantime, I suggest all fans unite in the chant:"Mama Weer All Plastic Now" - apologies to Noddy

I''m really confused

I lived in Norfolk until I was 18. Then lived in Leeds for several years. Then Barnsley. Then Mansfield. Now Nottingham.

I know leaving Norfolk is to be frowned upon, but which team am I meant to support? Should I have switched clubs every move?

Also, the proximity of the two Nottingham clubs is troubling me. The ground are only a few yards apart, and I can''t work out which is closer to where I live. Which am I meant to support?

I guess if you''ve stayed in Lowestoft all your life, these things don''t need to worry you, but it''s all a bit confusing for me.

[quote user="tele"]

I''m really confused

I lived in Norfolk until I was 18. Then lived in Leeds for several years. Then Barnsley. Then Mansfield. Now Nottingham.

I know leaving Norfolk is to be frowned upon, but which team am I meant to support? Should I have switched clubs every move?

Also, the proximity of the two Nottingham clubs is troubling me. The ground are only a few yards apart, and I can''t work out which is closer to where I live. Which am I meant to support?

I guess if you''ve stayed in Lowestoft all your life, these things don''t need to worry you, but it''s all a bit confusing for me.

[/quote]I am afraid you are beyond redemption "tele" - as we all are! I once made tea for the "A-team" in the late 50''s. Ricardo may be able to confirm if they were all Norwich-born players or not. That would still not be good enough though as I went on to watch the full team - unfortunately, dammit, those players definately were not all Norwich-born.

[quote user="tele"]

I''m really confused

[/quote]
Since inventing and building a teleporter this conundrum has been solved for me, I can now walk to Carrow Road and I am a "Real" fan.

[quote user="Ginja"][quote user="tele"]

I''m really confused

[/quote]
Since inventing and building a teleporter this conundrum has been solved for me, I can now walk to Carrow Road and I am a "Real" fan.

[/quote]

Perhaps you can do us all a favour and send that narrow minded bell end Waveney back to the Stone Age where has clearly crawled from ; )

[quote user="Thorpe end canary"][quote user="Ginja"][quote user="Brightside"][quote user="Thorpe end canary"]What this thread proves is similar to previous threads on this subject that Plastics tend to bury their heads in the sand and refuse to accept their status. There are some great excusses on this thread as to why they are not plastic. Priceless.[/quote]

[/quote]

How are forest doing this season??!!!!!![/quote]

Waveney - how are your team doing this season? I was just reminiscing on another thread about the days when we had a local derby and put 9 past you. I guess Colchester counts as your derby now?

I rarely agree with Nutty Nigel on here but what I do agree is that we need more moderation. With the Board becoming infested with plastics it is increasingly difficult to get a discussion going with the real fans.

I for one would be willing to give up some of my time to be part of a moderation team

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="The ghost of Michael Theoklitos"]

[/quote]"At least he kept us amused" - is that the royal "us" ??   Amusing to wind up decent supporters from all around the country? Amusing for the "locals" to see how they can make everybody squirm in their justifying their support.Amusing to see how Morty completely fails to get the point - again? "Amused"?That says alot.[/quote]

Well now there''s a thing. And I thought you chose to ignore my posts which suited me just fine. I post on this board for interest, enjoyment and entertainment. It''s a leisure activity after all. I take it for you it''s something else?[/quote]

I don''t ignore anyone''s posts.  I find it interesting to see what

all posters write - and most people give things away without realising.I enjoy some aspects of this board - it is a leisure  activity of course, but my main motivation is to put my own views about the club across.  The fact that I get sidetracked into cul-de-sacs by wind up merchants and people who are frankly slightly screwy, is not nice and I don''t on the whole enjoy it.  I don''t like being misquoted or having my words changed - which happens on a frequent basis.   I get fed up - I admitted it last week - maybe shouldn''t have started a thread on it, but there we go. This board should be enjoyable for all fans, but there are some who like to treat it as a bit of a joke.  Fair enough, its a free country, but if your sense of humour involves belittling other fans, then for me that is a stage too far, however "light-hearted" some may think it is.  The constant "locals against plastics"  theme that appears on here imo is humourless and perpetuates a parochial image of the club.  And all it does it gets people''s backs up.   As I say if you find that funny, or don''t understand why people get slightly irritated about it, then that is your problem (Morty).  Humour is a wonderful thing and we see loads of it on here.  We also see some people trying to be funny at other people''s expense. There is very little humour in that and it ruins the board.  You started this thread and it has led to some poor quality trolling and posters who are irritated by the subject.Yes, very amusing.

[/quote]

Well now Lakey. You told me you chose to ignore my posts and that''s fine by me. But if you''re not going to ignore it then perhaps you''d like to look up the word amused in the dictionary. Now you can whine all you like but the thread has 3,500 views and 109 replies. If it hasn''t kept people amused then why have they continually chosen to view and post?