Sign in to follow this  
Jim Smith

A profoundly depressing evening

Because that ladies and gentlemen is what we are now stuck with for the rest of the season after our win against Hull last week.

Wrong team selection, wrong formation, motivation of players questionable first half, no changes at half time, like for like subs made too late, the Hooper substitution and spawning a draw which enables it to be dressed up as a valuable result. A 90 minute demonstration of everything Hughton''s management is about.

It may just, just keep us up but my god its depressing to watch a talented group of players perform like this.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]Because that ladies and gentlemen is what we are now stuck with for the rest of the season after our win against Hull last week.

Wrong team selection, wrong formation, motivation of players questionable first half, no changes at half time, like for like subs made too late, the Hooper substitution and spawning a draw which enables it to be dressed up as a valuable result. A 90 minute demonstration of everything Hughton''s management is about.

It may just, just keep us up but my god its depressing to watch a talented group of players perform like this.[/quote]110% spot on, he is riding on pure luck at the moment. When it runs out and the next bad run begins, there will be no way back with clueless one dimensional Chris at the helm!

[quote user="CanaryOne"]Yet still a few Norfolk simpletons want him here.[/quote]I seriously wonder what some morons actually think they know about football, I bet half did not even get in the school side.

I don''t think the criticism of the Hooper substitution is particularly fair.

We were over run in midfield all night, Newcastle had a Striker sent off, we had one of our 2 Central Midfielders sent off. 2 Central Midfielders that were already outnumbered.

He had no choice but to bring Tettey on, and as Hooper had worked his arse off all night and Elmander had only just come on I don''t see what other option he had.

Jim Smith wrote:

It may just, just keep us up but my god its depressing to watch a talented group of players perform like this

-----------------------------------------------

No they''re not. Not compared to Newcastle, who rank about 8th +/-2.

Our squad is a bottom half squad. Which is where we are.

The chances of getting a top class inspirational manager here are as good as getting a top class player here.

The only way this can change is by hanging on to Prem. status. This is reality.

Deal with it & BE PATIENT.

[quote user="ron obvious"]Jim Smith wrote:

It may just, just keep us up but my god its depressing to watch a talented group of players perform like this

The chances of getting a top class inspirational manager here are as good as getting a top class player here.

Deal with it & BE PATIENT.[/quote]

Cardiff, Wba, Swansea, Sunderland and  Hull have all beaten them, but we make them look amazing.

"The chances of getting a top class inspirational manager here are as good as getting a top class player here.

"

what reality might than be young master Ronald ?

how and what change is to be brought about by our hanging on to Prem status ?

ps were we hanging on to Prem status under Lambert ?

I can''t argue with the team selection tonight i''m afraid. Hughton has been let down by people like Elmander not being good enough. The defence looks reasonably organised and Ruddy looked pack to his best tonight. When we can afford to pay people 80k a week then maybe we''ll have some flash players like Newcastle, but until then we''ll most likely have to plod along with the boring players we have and hope we can grind out the remaining 15 or so points we need.

The reality that we have a better chance of getting top players & managers if we are in this league compared to lower leagues.

The Lambert situation comes along once a generation - if you''re lucky. Ask Ricardo & Nutty.

And the way the finances work now gives you even less hope of recovering from the drop.

PS I think Lambert reckoned we had naff all chance of survival.

PPS Nice of you to call me young. Unfortunately I''m now well into bus pass territory.

[quote user="can u sit down please"]

[quote user="ron obvious"]Jim Smith wrote:

Deal with it & BE PATIENT.[/quote]

Cardiff, Wba, Swansea, Sunderland and  Hull have all beaten them, but we make them look amazing.

[/quote]

So how on earth are we above all bar Swansea and they apparently want our players?