Sign in to follow this  
Splendid Rush

Chris Wise - are you Worthy in disguise?

Chris Wise''s article on the Player of the Season award includes Fleming as one of the 5 main candidates!  What!?  Has he been watching the same season as us?  Apparently he has "by and large been solid as a rock".

Mr. Wise, Fleming has been consistently out of his depth this year, and this is a truely laughable suggestion.

I too couldn''t believe it.

Craig Fleming has been, without any shadow of a doubt; the worst player of the season

I heard Rick Waghorn say the same thing on Broadland this morning. Must be an Archant thing. What do you think Peter?

For once I actually brought a copy of the EDP at around 0530 this morning so was privy to this article before most of the posters on here. I had to pinch myself to ensure that I wasn''t actually still in a deep sleep when i read this, and did actually turn the page.

Mr Fleming, you are the main reason why we are going down and I would have respected you much more if you had been honest enough to have said after 10-15 games that this division was too much for you.

Talk about not biting the hand that feeds you - picking Flem just to brown tongue up to the manager is simply an embarrassment; much like most of flems performances  How can you trust anything that Chris or Rick writes about city and their performances when they come out with twaddle like that? 

The fact that Shacks has to organise him in every game they have played together tells you everything you need to know - those yellow and green tinted specs are powerful arent they!

OTBC 

I too was shocked to see him being touted as a possible contender for POS. However, IPYellows i think you are being a bit harsh in blaming him for our relegation (which isn''t sealed yet) i think the main reason for this would be the endless injuries that kept our key players out of the team. Now that we can field a consistent team we are playing so much better. I agree that he''s a contender for WORST player of the season because he has been below average too many times.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

solid as a rock

he is joking right??
I mean come on - Played 36, conceded 71, Flemming has been on the pitch for every single minute of every single game and he is a central defender and captain, conceded 71, solid as a rock, conceded 71, hahahahahahahaha

Chris Wise, you need a new job mate, you haven''t got a clue.

Craig Fleming (39 games, 1 goal): Last year''s player of the season is aiming to follow in the footsteps of former colleague Iwan Roberts, who recorded a Barry Butler Memorial Trophy double in 1999 and 2000. The vastly experienced defender has been on the field for every minute of every game this season – a truly remarkable achievement – and has performed to a consistently high standard, especially when you consider the quality of the strikers he has found himself up against. He has had one or two uncomfortable afternoons – but, by and large, has been as solid as a rock.

Chris Wise is that Fleming''s agent??

I hope so then maybe he will get a decent fee for him and free up the cash for someone who can actually defend...

From the first game of the season V Palace (leaving Johnson to score), through too Sat V Southampton turning his back on the shot for the third goal, what does this guy have to do to be dropped...

People such as Charlton, Docherty and Shacknell (start of the season) must be asking the very same question?

Better not mention Malkay either and how he feels, nice comment about how he will rooting for us to stay up, wouldn''t of wanted to ask that question..

Please drop Fleming Worthy, you''ve changed every other part of the defence

Nothing like bigging up a players confidence in the build-up to a massive game eh? Well done one and all, very clever......

yeah cos Flemming is going to read the comments from 6 posters and play badly because of it, haha, you are almost as funny as Chris Wise. He can''t play any worse anyway, so at least it might fire him up.

Before you start please don''t confuse people''s opinions on a messageboard with not supporting the team 100%, we have been down that road before. On match day every poster on here will sing their hearts out and chant the names of every player in yellow and green, no boo boys or girls on here I can tell you. However, outside of the actual match it is our right as paying fans to share opinions and views how we see fit. If you disagree with our point of view and actually think Flemming deserves to be in the running for player of the season then just say so, don''t try and be high and mighty with your clever answer.

Knocking Flem''s confidence isn''t going to make him play any worse than he already does do. You can''t really get any worse to be fair