Sign in to follow this  
Number 9

Cardiff

Away to Cardiff on Saturday, I thought I''d check out the stats.

Last 6 games:

Norwich

W - 1 D - 2 L - 3

For 3

Against 6

Points 5

Cardiff

W - 0 D - 1 L - 5

For 5

Against 16

Points 1

You know what? I don''t want to hear Calamity Chris telling the nation how good Cardiff are and that will have to defend well.

Surely nothing less than a good performance and a convincing win will do.

No doubt they will make some panic buys on deadline day. Ideal time to play them I think.

Amazing to see how poor their form is. Haven''t they only got 15 goals all season too? That''s worse than us!

[quote user="Number 9"]Away to Cardiff on Saturday, I thought I''d check out the stats.

Last 6 games:

Norwich

W - 1 D - 2 L - 3

For 3

Against 6

Points 5

Cardiff

W - 0 D - 1 L - 5

For 5

Against 16

Points 1

You know what? I don''t want to hear Calamity Chris telling the nation how good Cardiff are and that will have to defend well.

Surely nothing less than a good performance and a convincing win will do.[/quote]

Ther are no easy games and a point would be a good result, consolidating our position and stopping Cardiff from getting three points.  Sorry, I know its not what people want to hear, but its the truth imo.

Depending on other games, a point wouldn''t be the worst result. We have to look at this as a chance of 3 points though, even a typically flukey 1-0 will do.

A win is worth 2 losses and we have Spurs and Man City coming up.

Sounds like they put in a decent performance at Man U last night and for them this is a crucial game to get a win under their new manager (highly rated by many on here).

So to say we''ve got to win with a convincing performance is just tosh.  Yes we need to have a real go at them and try for the win, not a draw, but if we come away with a point it is not a bad outcome.

I hope the manager goes 4-5-1 with Hooper up front so we can control the game.

We only managed to draw with them at home, so I am predicting a loss 1-0! No goals for us and Hughton''s luck finally runs out, this will be followed by 2 crushing home defeats and the board realising they made a big mistake sticking with the clueless 1 dimensional one!

Was that a sarcastic ''rubbish eh?''?

Because yes, they are rubbish panic buys. Jones has done nothing since Southampton, occasionally has a half decent game. One of the biggest wastes of talent I''ve ever seen. 2 from Molde have a serious step up in ability, change of environment etc to deal with mid season. Certainly no guarantee at all they will come to the party this season. Fabio was often given credit for mistakes leading to goals playing for QPR and as far as I know has hardly stepped on the pitch for Man.U since.

And Swansea are also about to sign Zaha I thought. Even if he does sign, he provided no threat against us at Old Trafford in the cup when Man,U were allowed free reign to do what they want, so why worry about him at Cardiff when he''ll have had a day or two training with his new team mates max.

This system of buying big in Jan doesn''t actually work that well. You often need a couple to shore things up after injuries, or to push you over the line. But Cardiff are doing a QPR in reality. Maybe it''ll work out, but I doubt it.

Yes I was being sarcastic!

With a new manager comes new players. He knows his players from Molde, I disagree with you about Zaha and Cardiff have lacked a big front man so far this season.

I hope you are right though as I am taking my 9 year old on Saturday as the trip isn''t too long for him for once!

I find it amazing how many are bigging up Cardiff.

If ever there was a game we should win then surely this is it.

Perhaps they have been brainwashed by Hughton like the players have.

[quote user="the bristol nest"]Panic buys? Kenwyne Jones, 2 from Molde, Fabio from Man U and about to sign Wilfred Zaha for Saturday. Rubbish eh?[/quote]

Would only take Zaha out of them and he''s not even signed yet