Sign in to follow this  
whatnorwich

the way foward

we have a decent level of securty without having clicked could be a very good season if we do

I think starting hooloahan jonas and elmander will give us more of the ball and its time to drop rwp until form picks up again.

ruddy

Martin basong bennet olson

fer tettey

snodgrass hoolahan/elmander jonas

hooper/elmander

Elmander needs to step away from that line up.

I''d honestly go Becchio and Hooper next game. When Howson is back, swap him for Becchio.

I''d give Snods and Pilks another runout and have redmond brought on at 60 mins for the least performing one.

RVW relegated to the bench and brought on for Hooper if it''s needed. I want to believe in him but how many chances must he get when the likes of Becchio hardly get a look in.

Becchio is not good enough.

Terrible waste of time signing. Get rod and move on. He shouldn''t be anywhere near the first team.

He may not be but i''ve not seen enough. I have seen enough or Elmander and RVW though, so unless we sign someone new, Becchio''s turn it is in my book.

For me Elmander offers so much more than Becchio.   Snodgrass is simply in and out of form week by week and his rages at his team members even worse than those at the fans.  Probably start him but sub if playing like last night after 60 mins for redmond - close to redderz starting there though.    agree we need to go 4231

Any news on Howson?   The silence is deafening and makes me fear for a long term absence.  

Assuming Wes wont play as the link man off the striker I would start and being unable to second guess who/whether we will have any new signings to throw into the mix I would start

Ruddy

Martin   "back off" Bennett   Bassong   Olsson

Tettey    Fer

Snodgrass            Pilkington       Jonas

Hooper

Subs

Bunn  Garrido Wes (/Whittaker) Fox  Redmond Elmander RvW 

I doubt Becchio will ever make the starting eleven seeing as he rarely comes on as a sub.Against Cardiff it''s possible Hughton may revert to a five-man midfield with Gutierrez starting in a central role alongside Tettey and Fer.  Whether they have enough time to prepare the team to play that way before Saturday is another question.

Anyone notice Snoddy and RVW having a go at each other for a good thirty seconds after Snoddy failed to find him with a simple 15 yard pass? Carried on as they came back to defend a corner. Personally thought would have been a good time for the captain to step in and tell them to get on with it, but he ignored them.

Wolfie often looks disgusted with certain events, especially when players don''t pass accurately too him. And Snoddy loves a good moan at everyone and anyone. Surely that''s not good for team moral?

The way forward is to get the best players out there, when fit.                      Ruddy       Martin Bennett Bassong OllsonRedmond Fer Tettey Howson Guttierrez                        Hooper  

RVW should be in there too once he gets going and E. Bennett when he''s fit with Pilkington an option.Those to me are our best 14 players to help us make progress.   Whittaker on form is good too.Johnson and Snodgrass, although 100% triers, haven''t developed enough at this level for me yet.

I still think snodgrass should be ahead of redmond , in the hull game both he and jonas seemed to keep a similar line in defence and offense keeping the midfield tighter something i think we need

I personally think we need to mix things up a bit and go with this in a 4-1-3-1-1 (sort of):                             RuddyWhittaker   Bennett   Bassong   Olsson                             TetteyRedmond             Fer                     Pilks                                    Hooper                      RVWThis gives us very good pace down the wings with great opportunites to overlap, and whilst there''s little to choose between Whittaker and Martin, I think he''d suit playing with Redmond more than Martin would.Tettey will add much needed passing on top of his defensive abilities (something Johnson will never be able to offer), and will also bring out more in Fer who can concentrate on his normal game instead of covering for Johnson''s deficiencies. Pilks and Redmond get the nod on the wings because Snoddy''s form is simply dreadful this season, the crowd are getting on his back more and more, and he also loses us the ball far too often whilst slowing down play and not even chipping in from set plays as he did last season.Upfront I think it absolutely has to be Hooper and RVW, with Hooper playing the linking role between midfield and attack, his passing is excellent, he likes to shoot from range/outside the box and hopefully we can play a few decent balls for RVW to run onto to show us he''s more than an 8.5mil benchwarmer...Play needs to be much quicker and focused on using the attacking abilities of our wingers and more advanced central players like Fer and Hooper. Should we take a strong lead and want to consolidate later in the game, Jonas can be brought on for either winger (with Pilks switching to the right if Redmond goes off) or even played in the centre alongside Tettey if needed and similarly if either RVW or Hooper needs a rest, bring on Elmander in their place.