Sign in to follow this  
yoda

RVW

I think RVW is a waste of a starting place. He doesn''t bring enough to the team at all. If its the rest of the teams fault for his poor performances and form, then why is Hooper able to still get a shot on, and score/make himself goals? 
RVW offers little off the ball and zero threat on it. His one deflected shot for a corner I believe was skewering off target anyway! Hughton was also poor today. Like for like subs, and they were brought on too late. We should have been about 3-0 down at that point. We are just excruciatingly poor to watch.

I feel sorry for the wolf, he''s got good movement and hangs off he shoulder be as a previous poster said we don''t hae a player who plays it quick enough through to him or plays them passes that''ll get him in behind, plus Hightower does t know his best team and were missing howson a lot!

I''m not sure Suarez would do the business like he is if he was playing in such a poisonous atmosphere as one where sections of the crowd get on the players backs from the get go - can only hope any potential new signings aren''t at a home game with a view to a move because they''ll surely be put off by that before anything else. It is a shame because we have a hell of a lot of decent supporters too, many on this forum, and they can make a real difference in making those players play confidently and without fear of making a mistake. I''m not saying players shouldn''t be immune to criticism but there''s ways to do that without making them feel like a mass murderer or something. Some of the shit Snodgrass gets given is pretty disgusting actually and i hope the bloke hands in a transfer request and leaves as it''s getting embarrassing the barracking he''s recieving at the moment.

I know one Chelsea fan who thought Drogba was a headless chicken, i remember we were watching a cup final on tv and he was absolutely berating him, but we all know what happened with Drogba in the end.

As for RvW, tonights stories on Ladbrokes and BetBetBet are on about Ricky looking to escape his Canaries ''hell'' - can''t read them myself as Vodafone has a safety lock on my mobile which i''ve never bothered removing but if anyone fancies copying the story on here....

Can''t read the RvW story either Eddie, but am curious as to it''s contents. Would be a shame because i truly believe there''s a lot more to come from him - many a player has had his doubters in the past, and then a goal here or there has slowly transformed the player in question - Drogba being a classic example...

http://news.ladbrokes.com/en-gb/football/premier-league/ricky-van-wolfswinkel-set-to-escape-canaries-hell_185465.html

There you go Alex but I reckon both are a load of old pony trying to tempt people to take the 9/2...

Ricky van Wolfswinkel set to escape Canaries hell

Striker has struggled for form in the Premier League and could return to Holland this January

Ricky van Wolfswinkel set to escape Canaries hell

• Share this content

• oud.com/feed/odds-feed/getLadOdds.php?eventID=216981809&marketID=247919530&categoryID=626&lang=en
    WP ERR #6 widget_newsladbrokes_best_bets

Ricky van Wolfswinkel looks set to end his brief tenure in the English top flight amid suggestions the Dutch forward could be set to swap the Premier League for a return to the Eredivisie.

The misfiring forward has been linked with a loan move to PSV Eindhoven, who are desperate to improve on their own poor start to the season in Holland.

Van Wolfswinkel has an excellent goalscoring record in the Dutch top flight, having scored 15 goals in 29 league games for former club FC Utrecht – a tally that attracted the attention of Sporting Lisbon, the team Norwich purchased the 25-year-old from.

But since sealing a €12 million move from the Portuguese giants to the Canaries, the goalscorer has struggled, bagging just one Premier League goal this term in a 2-2 draw with Everton on the opening day of the season.

A move to PSV would not only help the striker rediscover his scoring touch, but also put him back in Louis Van Gaal’s plans for the World Cup, with the target man previously called up for a Netherlands friendly with Indonesia last year.

His departure may not be such good news for Norwich though, with the Canaries seemingly running out of striking options and placing increasing pressure on Gary Hooper to continue his solid form.

It therefore looks likely that manager Chris Hughton would block any departure for the misfiring Dutchman unless the club has a replacement ready and waiting in the wings.

The Canaries are currently 9/2 to be relegated with Ladbrokes, having won just one of their last seven Premier League games.

PSV may not be the only option for Van Wolfswinkel either, with Celtic also believed to be long-time admirers of the Dutchman, after he famously netted a hat-trick for Utrecht in a 4-0 win over the Bhoys a few years back.

And with manager Neil Lennon also in the market for a striker, as his bid for Leigh Griffiths suggests, it could prove a match made in heaven.

mrs miggins wrote the following post at 2014-01-29 4:15 AM:

i reckon hughton will have something up his sleeve come the summer, he''s got a great eye for a player

REALLY? You believe that?

What is it that Ewan Chester actually does at Carrow Road?

I thought that he was actually the head of scouting who sends his team out to watch, and recommend players, to the manager and board of NCFC.

Just what they saw in the likes of RVW, Elmander and one or two more I would love to know. Albeit when scouted they were playing in teams who were far better managed tactically than those of CH, and were actually producing something positive. Hughton has nothing, absolutely nothing up his sleeve, and he will not be allowed to make further signings this window - loan maybe, but his time is very nearly up.

[quote user="Crispy"]Very disappointed with him but more so than anything angry at the club.

Why why why spend so much money on RVW and not bring in the creative midfielder to feed him and Hoops ?!? We clearly needed that more than those two boys.[/quote]Agree that he''s been pretty disappointing but wasn''t it only a few short months ago that we were all raving what a great but he was and we couldn''t wait to see him in a City shirt ? I think he''s a great player but while Hughton''s here he''s a mis-fit in this team. That said it is a little disturbing to see how much better Hooper seems to be considering he''s playing under the same constraints.That''s surprised most of us.Another surprise is that with his summer purchases we were expecting Hughton to be more adventurous this term. More fool us for thinking that was going to happen anytime soon.

[quote user="Crispy"]

Why why why spend so much money on RVW & Hooper and not bring in the creative midfielder to feed then?!? [/quote]

This

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]Yet hooper has had the same supply and scored? Ability counts....[/quote]

No striker has scored in over a month,  and the last striking goal was a massive fluke - so none are exactly proving their worth. 

Hooper has also missed more far easier chances recently.   Does that inability also count?

If playing goalscorers was the way to win a team of 11 robbie fowlers would be unbeatable.

I just dont understand signing RVW and Hooper and then ask RVW to play in a role where he is terrible.

RVW looks shot and like a youth player needs time out of the limelight and in the gym packing on 5+kg of muscle to improve his core body strength.

A real number 10 with some zip is needed f we wish to play the same way we are playing currently and would make a massive impact as play just dies when we get the ball as no pace.

Trying to fit a square peg in a round hole is destroying the lads confidence. His head is down and his body language is that of defeat.

I would honestly loan him out to an attacking side to maintain his value and then bulk him up over the summer if his heads in the right place.

If we can get 4-5 million for him I would be tempted to cash in now.