Sign in to follow this  
E I E I E I O

What does other clubs fans think of us??

How do you think we are perceived at present by other clubs? Given our league position but lifeless and awful football what do other clubs fans think? I used to hate stoke and there brand of football, are we becoming similar under dullard Hughton?

All I can add to this is what my non Norwich Supporting fans think and they said that we''re not enjoyable to watch and lost the momentum under Lambert. The word ''Stoke'' gets mentioned too many times as well, so that tells you something...

I can tell you what people i know think: that we actually try to play a passing game and are ok to watch, but don''t have enough up front. It seems it is largely our own fans who think of us as negative.

[quote user="Phillip J Fry"]I don''t think they care...[/quote]
Probably not, but football connoisseurs in general may notice that our general style is different.  if we were a massive club, more would be made of our different approach. IMO

I was chatting to a couple of Newcastle fans on the way out of Carrow rd. they said in the first half we were a pub team. Worst they''d seen for years. They were upset that they weren''t 4-0 up at half time. I''ve got a mate who supports Southampton, and he is revelling in how bad we are, and how most fans seem to be happy that we''re so high up the league. He thinks it''s hilarious, and makes a good point that most teams wouldn''t put up with such poor form for so long.

Im going to be honest, I have lost the ability to persuade my non Norwich supporting mates to join me. Its just too awful to watch. My best mate described a Norwich season as like "trench warfare", I cant even fault him. We will stay up, but we spent 18,000,000 on attacking players and cant buy a decent goal.

Well in finnish forums we are considered one of the best of lower mid teams where only Southampton and Swansea are over us in terms of football. (Everton and Newcastle are considered to be with big teams here)

I dont know why our own english fans dont appreciate what we are doing, but for me example we haven''t been that bad at all, if our season haven''t been good in football terms that I expected.

By league position and points we are quite much where we should be. So really hard to find out why we are moaning.

And those who call me plastic and not local fan can go * themselves ^^ In my opinion if you can''t understand and accept realism in this league and stand behind the team you are more plastic than I ever could be.

Ofc emotions run high and it is hard to see first half like against Newcastle, but most of their goal scoring situation came from still balls and player errors which gave our guys more and more pressure. At second half we were equal with bigger team again and nothing to moan about it.

Most people I know mostly don''t care admittedly. Those who do discuss it don''t think we''re pretty. But then they say the same thing about the majority of the bottom half.

Most fans are obsessed by their own teams and couldn''t care less about us or any other team but their own.

Why would we care what they think anyway?

We don''t play an awful brand of football.

We just aren''t very good.

Why are people mistaking playing poorly and negative football? We aren''t defensive, we aren''t negative. We just are far too many simple mistakes, only have a couple 10 min periods in a game when we apply any serious pressure (on and off the ball) and lack any kind of tactical cohesion, and importantly fluidity.

We aren''t negative, just poor.

Dont really care what other fans think to be honest.

GP - agree 100%

[quote user="Gingerpele"]We don''t play an awful brand of football.

Why are people mistaking playing poorly and negative football? We aren''t defensive, we aren''t negative. We just are far too many simple mistakes, only have a couple 10 min periods in a game when we apply any serious pressure (on and off the ball) and lack any kind of tactical cohesion, and importantly fluidity.

We aren''t negative, just poor.[/quote]

Sums us up completely [Y] 

[quote user="Gingerpele"]We don''t play an awful brand of football.

We aren''t negative, just poor.[/quote]There may be a slight grain of truth in that, GP. But I''m afraid it''s a lazily easy cop-out for you to say that.I''m sorry, but the number of times Hughton has set us up to be anything but defensively minded this season , you can count on the fingers of one hand. Spells of the Cardiff game. The second half of the West Ham game, and part of ManYoo spring to mind. That, in my book is negative. Period.By common consent we have acquired some very decent players over the last 18 months, so to say they are all suddenly "poor" is mystifying.Where I do agree with you is the criticism of our retention of the ball. It is awful. We just give the ball away far too often. I''d love to see a stat on that from the first half last night. And that , in short is why we lack fluidity. Bebause if you cannot string 3 accurate passes together, fluidity is the first applecart to be upset.