Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Playing poorly but still picking up points?

When good teams play badly and pick up points it is always said that it is a good thing. When bad teams pick up points it is said to be a fluke. Now whichever way you look at it we were poor against a rampant Newcastle side - but we picked up another point.We consistently pick up points - so are we fluking all these points? When we play well we look very good - but we don''t do it often enough. So when are we going to start playing well more consistently?Is it just confidence?    Are Johnson Snodgrass Pilkington good enough?Are RVW and Fer not shining because of the players around them?Fer looked good with Howson as a foil - but with Johnson? Martin has good games and bad games - is that dependent on how well Snodgrass gets back to help out?A lot of questions I know - but if you think how we play when we are playing well, you have to ask when is it going to happen more often........

I think Johnson finally being able to be removed from the side will bring the best out of Fer. We lose any tempo we can get because of his shoddy passing. I think it''s one of the root causes as to why we''re not scoring much. That and the fact Elmander has been so poor. Bring Tettey and Howson back and we''ll look a completely different side. It''s no suprise one of our only decent performances came versus Stoke.

[quote user="lake district canary"]When good teams play badly and pick up points it is always said that it is a good thing.

When bad teams pick up points it is said to be a fluke.

Now whichever way you look at it we were poor against a rampant Newcastle side - but we picked up another point.

We consistently pick up points - so are we fluking all these points?

When we play well we look very good - but we don''t do it often enough.

So when are we going to start playing well more consistently?

Is it just confidence?   

Are Johnson Snodgrass Pilkington good enough?

Are RVW and Fer not shining because of the players around them?

Fer looked good with Howson as a foil - but with Johnson?

Martin has good games and bad games - is that dependent on how well Snodgrass gets back to help out?

A lot of questions I know - but if you think how we play when we are playing well, you have to ask when is it going to happen more often........

[/quote]

LDC it was the most uninspring game to watch last night and this from a weak Neacastle side who on any other day would have been 3 up at half time! There is no excuse, the crowd last night turned in big waves at half time and the lack of effort, basic footballing ability and how to play was plain to see.

I left at 64 minutes as it was wet, cold a dull both on and off the pitch.

How was that a weak Newcastle side?

Whats the point of leaving so early?

Did you throw your toys out of the pram as you left?

[quote user="dreamteam"]How was that a weak Newcastle side?

Did you throw your toys out of the pram as you left?[/quote]What has it got to do with you what the poster decides to do! The post saying that the life has been sucked out the club is spot on. To be honest I fully understand why. I think a lot of people are past caring how we get on. The football is not anywhere near good enough, we cant score, we dont turn up, Basically we are absolute S***. I am past caring anymore and we will get what we deserve sticking with this clueless moron. I am in the "till he leaves I could not give a Toss anymore camp" The board have failed the fans in my opinion and sold their soul in favour of premiership money.

[quote user="Long drives home"][quote user="dreamteam"]How was that a weak Newcastle side?

Did you throw your toys out of the pram as you left?[/quote]What has it got to do with you what the poster decides to do! The post saying that the life has been sucked out the club is spot on. To be honest I fully understand why. I think a lot of people are past caring how we get on. The football is not anywhere near good enough, we cant score, we dont turn up, Basically we are absolute S***. I am past caring anymore and we will get what we deserve sticking with this clueless moron. I am in the "till he leaves I could not give a Toss anymore camp" The board have failed the fans in my opinion and sold their soul in favour of premiership money.[/quote]

Well at least I now know that you have certainly thrown your toys out of your pram.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]I think Johnson finally being able to be removed from the side will bring the best out of Fer. We lose any tempo we can get because of his shoddy passing. I think it''s one of the root causes as to why we''re not scoring much. That and the fact Elmander has been so poor. Bring Tettey and Howson back and we''ll look a completely different side. It''s no suprise one of our only decent performances came versus Stoke.[/quote]

Elmander has had two poor games. Both up top on his own.

Hooper still hasn''t scored without Elmander on the pitch. In now five games.

I am a well known Hughton Outer. That said I have stopped my campaign largely due to the fact that whilst the football is dreadful there is some end result to it ie we are staying out of the relegation zone.

Let him get to the end of the season and then either dispose of him or his coaching team at that point.

Otbc

[quote user="dreamteam"]How was that a weak Newcastle side? Whats the point of leaving so early? Did you throw your toys out of the pram as you left?[/quote]

For starters, two of the back four are not regulars, no Cabeye.

Second, I got soaked, was not impressed with the booing at half time and the treatment of Snodders even though we were 5hite, the atmosphere was dead.

And no I thought this has a Newcastle win or a draw at best, so thought I would beat the traffic home, making it home in 30 minutes instead of being caught for an additional hour meaning I got home to watch MOT and got a hot cup of tea.

It was boring and I''m giving my season tickets to friend for the Man City game and have no regrets doing so!

Our strength in depth in the squad has really shown this season. In reality we need an attacking midfielder who is built, able to hold a ball up and score about 10 a season. We also need another holding midfielder player and another CB. We''ve been pretty unlucky with injuries, Pilkington and Tetty are available but they need to get their sharpness and match fitness back. Johnson and Fer have both lacked competition so the players are going in to the games expecting to start whereas they should be playing and working hard to get and keep their first team places.

Upfront is the same story, not a single striker has done well for us apart from Hooper. So when he''s fit, he''ll start. For the rest there''s not allot of competition. Elmanders had his chance and failed. Becchio hasn''t really had a chance but he''s in a negative frame of mind like Hoolahan is. So that leaves RVW who plays because he''s our record signing and we need to get a return on him. I think he lacks physical presence and our wingers who also have no competition apart from 19 and 18 year olds are failing to provide service to them.

Saying that I think our wide areas have been improved with the signing of Jonas so I think we''ll start to see some improvement going forward. And the more Hooper and RVW play together, the better they''ll get, Ricky just needs to get himself a goal for confidence and I''m sure that would help allot too.