Sign in to follow this  
Block Y Seat 176

vos chapeaux à grand pour vous!

On a lighter note and an attempt to change the mood on the forum here is a little snippet from the last nights game.

I was siting in the SP when a chant was started up by a group of lads in front of me. They are the sort of fans who try and make up new songs/chants with not a lot of success.

"Fer is over there" is is one of the better ones.

Anyway the Newcastle subs were warming up. and a couple of them had items of headwear which did not fit the shape of their heads. Think of a brown knitted gnomes hat.

So the predictable chant was started along the lines of "Your hats is too big for you...Repeat. And they did for quite a few minutes. There was no reaction from the sub players and the names on their shirts hinted at why.

An English speaking sub did see the funny side and enlightened his French speaking team mates.

Remember next time the Toons come to town, remember to add this little ditty for your football phrase book.

Vos chapeaux à grand pour vous! Repeat

I think it could catch on, i''ll pass it forward to the boys in front

H

That could get misheard/misconstrued as a compliment. "Chapeau a (with a grave accent) vous" means "Well done!" or "Congratulations!" in colloquial French.[<:o)]

ou ettiez vous, quand vous eitiez merde ?(Fulham)

qui la ferquequi la ferquequi la ferque en helle est vous ?

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]That could get misheard/misconstrued as a compliment. "Chapeau a (with a grave accent) vous" means "Well done!" or "Congratulations!" in colloquial French.[<:o)][/quote]

I just knew Google translate would get me into trouble with the Francophiles on here!

H