Sign in to follow this  
H4H

I have more faith In Wes keeping us up than Hughton, so for that reason

But last night I came up with a theory....
Hughton isn''t actually in charge. Snodgrass is.
Probably of the whole universes, but at least the management of NCFC. Who else would keep him on the pitch so much and let him take all the set pieces?

[quote user="Gingerpele"]But last night I came up with a theory....
Hughton isn''t actually in charge. Snodgrass is.
Probably of the whole universes, but at least the management of NCFC. Who else would keep him on the pitch so much and let him take all the set pieces?
[/quote]

Snodgrass is a conundrum.  No doubt he has ability, no doubt he tries hard.  To me he looks like a player who tries too hard to achieve - and when he is not at his best his he tries even harder and has a negative effect on play too often.  The penalty malarky was a case in point.  Taking on too much himself.  He does it all the time. Always demanding the ball, insisting on taking all the corners and free kicks.  Good if you are an Ian Crook - but he is not.  At his best he is terrific, but anything else he can be frustrating. Leeds fans told us he would be.  Also, all those games last season when he took all the free kicks, we had Garrido in the team - one of the best crosser and deliverer''s from free kicks in the team - never got a look in.   So he can afect other players contributions to the team by denying them - as with the penalty and RVW that time. Wes?  Another conundrum, but to me less of a problem.  To me he is a bit part player now, still capable, but too ineffective too often. All our players are either works in progress, or older players who have their weaknesses (otherwise they would be in teams higher up the league).  To single any out is a tad unfair, but Wes and Snodgrass, two of our supposed playmakers, don''t do it often enough or well enough. 

lake district canary wrote the following post at 29/01/2014 4:36 PM:

"All our players are either works in progress, or older players who have their weaknesses (otherwise they would be in teams higher up the league)."

And despite spending a small fortune (compared to previous years) on new players this will continue to be the case for many years to come.