Sign in to follow this  
Paul

Who now would snap their hands off for £4.5 for Snods and £3m for pilks?

Well what can I say that was awful, got back to essex at half 1 this morning so had time to ponder our current situation.

Those people last week who laughed at me wanting to snap celtic and swansea hands off and offering to drive them their, still after last night cannot be so blinkered as to thinking that these two are worth £8-10m as some people suggested.

If anything these prices are way too high. Two "wingers" and i use that term very loosely that can''t control a ball, can''t beat a player for pace can''t cross a ball (for the love of god you get paid £30k a week and you can''t cross a dead ball!!!!) fall over for no apparent reason moan all the time at other players (snodgrass that is).

Am sick and tired of watching the same sh**e week in week out.

I would love to be in a Hughton press conference and ask him what do they do in training, because it''s definitely not the following:

Defending

Attacking

Attacking with pace

closing down

CROSSING

I think it must be a whole weak of passing sideways and backwards for 5 minutes then hoofing it down the channels.

But alas I will never get to ask these and many other questions so called "proper journalists" are too scared to ask.

I await your well thought out and measured responses ;)

No I would not snap your hands off. These are good players. Proven premiership players, They are having all life sucked out of them by an incompetent management team.

I would keep all of our good players because when we get a good manager again in the future then he will know how to use them.

Nope, even in his poor form, he adds to the side.

Pilks is still working his way back and given how good he has been, i''d rather keep him.

Who are we going to get to replace them for £7.5m really? The money talked about is real pocket change these days.

Snods has a great defensive game too which shouldn''t go unnoticed. It would be great to play Redmond and Murphy on the wings every game but we''d get shafted down the wings in return!

He''ll no doubt find form again. Don''t forget he was the most potent free kick taker in the league last year!

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"] Snods has a great defensive game too which shouldn''t go unnoticed.  [/quote]

Does he?

He might occasionally do a sliding tackle but look at the number of times he "runs" back without actually getting close to anyone or making a nuisance of himself.

Where was he last night when Newcastle repeatedly attacked our right-back area?

These type of posts from our supposed fan base sums up some of what is wrong with our club.

Even when things are not going our way Snodgrass is someone who always wants the ball, does he deliver every time, no but then there aren''t many players who do. Delivery of corners is such a fine margin, the idea is do just beat the first man, so those attacking the near post get the header in, it doesnt work every time, get over it.

Our so called fans need to get off his back and start supporting him and the team, what is the use in having a go at him and rinsing every last bit of confidence out of him?

Pilkington has just recovered from a long term injury so is finding his way back, it isnt his fault the wrong formation was played and therefore didnt see much of the ball.

Fans need to stop slating the players and start supporting the team.

Those who sang Hoolahan''s name when the argument happened with Snodgrass need to grow up, clearly he doesnt want to play for us at the moment, support those who do.

Why boo the decision to take off Hooper and bring on Tettey? What else was he supposed to do, our centre midfielder had just been sent off, that change was a must, any footballing brain could see that.

Rant over! Just support the team.

Snodgrass has been poor this season by his own standards. I am not saying he should be replaced but seriously think he should be given a rest and try something different.

I didn''t boo the sub, thought it was totally right to protect the point after Johnson got sent off. Was also not singing Hoolahans name either.

I support the team but we are so boring to watch. I have been to 16 games this season home and away (missed the West ham game as was on holiday) and have seen us score just 12 goals, two of the came in the first game against Everton and that is the only time I have seen us score more than 1 in a game!!

We are boring to watch and i am firmly in the Hughton out camp (although would make a good director of football) however i dont think anything will happen until the summer.

We need more passion, better tactics etc something to entertain the fans and something that the players believe in. Having said that the players need the fans to support them not have a go at them.

[quote user="trueyellow"]These type of posts from our supposed fan base sums up some of what is wrong with our club.

Even when things are not going our way Snodgrass is someone who always wants the ball, does he deliver every time, no but then there aren''t many players who do. Delivery of corners is such a fine margin, the idea is do just beat the first man, so those attacking the near post get the header in, it doesnt work every time, get over it.

Our so called fans need to get off his back and start supporting him and the team, what is the use in having a go at him and rinsing every last bit of confidence out of him?

Pilkington has just recovered from a long term injury so is finding his way back, it isnt his fault the wrong formation was played and therefore didnt see much of the ball.

Fans need to stop slating the players and start supporting the team.

Those who sang Hoolahan''s name when the argument happened with Snodgrass need to grow up, clearly he doesnt want to play for us at the moment, support those who do.

Why boo the decision to take off Hooper and bring on Tettey? What else was he supposed to do, our centre midfielder had just been sent off, that change was a must, any footballing brain could see that.

Rant over! Just support the team.[/quote]

Top post.

Absolutely not.

These are the only players coveted by other clubs.    What could the reason be for that??  Surely not because they are of prem standard??

I just can''t decide about Snodgrass. On his day he''s our best player, but he''s so erratic... He''s got undoubted talent, but it''s sporadic - he goes missing sometimes and while we need someone to get forward, he can leave us exposed at times when he loses the ball. His attitude also annoys me more than any other of our players in recent years - he whines about literally every single decision from the ref, linesman, you can see him mouthing off when he loses out in a fair tackle... It''s a worrying sign that he blames others rather than understands his own failings; plus before long it''s going to get him sent off.

We also seem to be entirely fixated as a team on getting the ball out to the wing and crossing back in - even when it would make more sense to try to force a way through the middle. It makes us one-dimensional in attack and if someone manages to shackle Snodgrass or if there''s a big center half on the other team who knows how to deal with crosses, we just don''t get the chances we need to score. I think this is part of RVW''s problem as well - There''s this obsession with getting it to Snoddy to cross for RVW to head home - actually I think he would score far more if he was fed the ball to feet by a tricky player dropping deeper behind him.

Having said that, given the inflated prices in today''s transfer market, especially in January, I think £4.5m is way too low a bid for him - £6m and maybe worth thinking about, but not at the money we were supposedly offered. Pilks I don''t think we should sell at all - he was our best player before getting injured, looking forward to seeing him back at his best.

Snodgrass was terrible last night, and has been all season generally. I''d take £6mill from Celtic and drive him there my self. He seems to have lost it, which is a shame as last season he was great.

One question for the Hootun outers; how can his management technique make Snodgrass take consistently bad set pieces? Tactics don''t mean corner after corner doesn''t beat the first defender!

If the plan isn''t to sack Hughton at the end of this season then yes I''d take those prices because those players just do not fit whatever Hughtons style is. I''d rather the manager went obviously but it''s not down to me. As they are looking in this team, they both look £3m players tops, which is what I''d expect their valuation to be if it wan''t for their form before joining Norwich/Hughton. If Hughton stays we need powerful physical wingers with a bit of pace who can reliably cross the ball...something we''re unlikely to ever be able to afford.

The manager should be making the most out of the players, we shouldn''t have to sign players to get the most out of a managers stubborn playing style